• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your most hated band?

Started by 3OctaveFart, December 03, 2015, 03:19:51 PM

I'm sorry but I never got the Grateful Dead.  They have 3 or 4 good songs but the rest.......is boring.

I hated Spandau Ballet.  If I hear True one more time, I can't be held responsible for my actions.

I don't care much for most of today's popular music.  It's all narcissism.  Sure there was plenty of that when I was young but there were other topics besides sexy bitches (a guilty pleasure) and getting laid. Now it is all about getting that pussy or cock 24/7.  Very little romance.  Or stupid little dittys about being Happy. I despise that song.  Be wary of songs with Happy in the title.  Happiness Is A Warm Gun being the exception.

Now don't get me wrong.  I love narcissistic songs but I also like a little variety in topics and moods.  I like My Humps and David Guetta but please life isn't all about getting laid.

Quote from: zeebo on December 03, 2015, 07:08:27 PM
I'm so glad you didn't say Alvin & the Chipmunks.

Frankly, I'm a bit hurt that you'd even think I would go there, zeebo. I thought you knew me  better than that.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 04, 2015, 11:18:08 AM
LOL! Where's the harem when you need them? Fickle bitches.
Oh, I shant be alone.

Starship, the late 80s incarnation of Jefferson Starship. Over produced dreck.

David Crosby, although much of the blame belongs to Stephen Stills for carrying that overrated, malevolent egomaniac on his back for the better part of half a century.  If not for that, Crosby would have faded into the obscurity he deserves years ago, and the donated liver that was wasted on him might have gone to a productive member of society.

yumyumtree

"Hate" is a strong word, but I used to get awfully tired of the Australian soft-rock invasion bands like Little River Band and Air Supply in the 80s. With some notable exceptions, I didn't find the 70s or 80s good eras for rock.

yumyumtree

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 04, 2015, 11:20:31 AM
I'm sorry but I never got the Grateful Dead.  They have 3 or 4 good songs but the rest.......is boring.

Were you listening to albums or going to concerts?  I never went to any of their shows, but understand that that was the only way to truly experience them.

aldousburbank

Quote from: yumyumtree on December 04, 2015, 04:18:30 PM
Were you listening to albums or going to concerts?  I never went to any of their shows, but understand that that was the only way to truly experience them.
Well that, and with electric kool-aid.

Quote from: yumyumtree on December 04, 2015, 04:18:30 PM

No, I never went to a concert.  Just heard bro playing their albums occasionally.  He had a lot of their albums but he didn't play them as often as other records. Bro had hundreds and hundreds of records which I have inherited.  I did get a recent  2-cd compilation of the Dead's best music but have not listened to it yet.  Bro may have gone to one or two Dead concerts but he was not a Dead-head.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 04, 2015, 04:28:35 PM
No, I never went to a concert.  Just heard bro playing their albums occasionally.  He had a lot of their albums but he didn't play them as often as other records. Bro had hundreds and hundreds of records which I have inherited.  I did get a recent  2-cd compilation of the Dead's best music but have not listened to it yet.  Bro may have gone to one or two Dead concerts but he was not a Dead-head.
If you are so inclined an easy place to find live recordings is archive.org. GD approved and encourage folks taping shows and sharing. There are places all over the web but archive.org is simple.

Quote from: yumyumtree on December 04, 2015, 04:17:10 PM
"Hate" is a strong word, but I used to get awfully tired of the Australian soft-rock invasion bands like Little River Band and Air Supply in the 80s. With some notable exceptions, I didn't find the 70s or 80s good eras for rock.

I made fun of those bands at the time and always made a face when Lost In Love came on the radio but now I'm rather nostalgic for that stuff.

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2015, 04:32:35 PM
If you are so inclined an easy place to find live recordings is archive.org. GD approved and encourage folks taping shows and sharing. There are places all over the web but archive.org is simple.

I might just do that, albrecht.  Thank you for the recommendation.  I'll link to the website.

aldousburbank

GD albums pretty much suck. Try Without A Net applying some whippets and dubious and spin as you dance to approximate the experience of a live show.

The Doors. Can't decide if they suck or they blow.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 04, 2015, 06:32:18 PM

sometimes i feel a little iffy about them, too.  i used to think they were the earthly manifestation of god, but i'm not sure how well their music has aged and i haven't found myself listening to their stuff in a long time.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on December 04, 2015, 06:32:18 PM

You trying to get on my nerves?

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 04, 2015, 08:29:18 PM
You trying to get on my nerves?

Haha! I suppose you like those dogs The Grateful Dead and Bob Dylan as well?

akwilly

Quote from: wr250 on December 04, 2015, 08:32:32 PM
80's hair bands.
Come on man, Poison, Guns n Roses, American treasures!

Rush.
I've also noticed that big Rush fans have a tendency to be - how do I put this - abrasive.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on December 04, 2015, 09:12:39 PM
Rush.
I've also noticed that big Rush fans have a tendency to be - how do I put this - abrasive.  ;)
SolarisBRaven can explain this to you. Rush is a MKUltra/CIA operation, apparently.  ;)

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 04, 2015, 11:32:19 AM
          I don't care much for most of today's popular music.  It's all narcissism.  Sure there was plenty of that when I was young but there were other topics besides sexy bitches (a guilty pleasure) and getting laid. Now it is all about getting that pussy or cock 24/7.  Very little romance.  Or stupid little dittys about being Happy. I despise that song.  Be wary of songs with Happy in the title.  Happiness Is A Warm Gun being the exception.

Now don't get me wrong.  I love narcissistic songs but I also like a little variety in topics and moods.  I like My Humps and David Guetta but please life isn't all about getting laid.

The Black eyed peas / AC DC  "humps" "All night Long" Mashup is pretty cool too.

Milli Vanilli. I believed in Rob and Fab and they let me down. I can't forgive that.

Quote from: albrecht on December 04, 2015, 09:16:45 PM
SolarisBRaven can explain this to you. Rush is a MKUltra/CIA operation, apparently.  ;)
LOL - Now it all makes sense. ;)  ;D

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 04, 2015, 04:43:01 PM
GD albums pretty much suck. Try Without A Net applying some whippets and dubious and spin as you dance to approximate the experience of a live show.

Thanks Aldous.