• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151202 - Open Lines - Live Art Bell Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 02, 2015, 10:58:04 PM

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: waves on December 02, 2015, 11:48:36 PM
It's ALL a scripted story.  You can't KNOW what the facts are.

What's that supposed to mean?  By your logic we can NEVER believe ANYTHING so we have to believe NOTHING.

In other words:  hogwash.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on December 02, 2015, 11:47:56 PM
i am pro sword!!!!!

not that i could use one if it was allowed lol

Heathen. That's just asking for people to have accidents and hurt themselves. I also oppose scissors somewhat, you should have to go through classes to own them and a background check done to make sure you won't run with them.

As I was saying in the News thread, I think this was dumb American Muslims and not outside professionals. This was a really shitty terrorist attack that will be forgotten in a week because the attack was poorly executed. If this was ISIS regulars, we would have had a triple digit bodycount at the Super Bowl or something crazy and unable to ignore.

Once it came out today Muslims were behind the attack, the media immediately cut the story off and went to other things. A professional attack wouldn't have allowed that.

There's a rumor going around ISIS was funding these idiots with Bitcoin and the guy in custody was the recruiter but I doubt it.

Donald Noory

Quote from: albrecht on December 02, 2015, 11:50:39 PM
I still have seen no details on the body-armor, just a vest, or even just an air-soft look alike? And haven't seen details on types of arms (other than "long guns" and some pistols and some pipebombs (call IEDS now.)

Maybe it was some kind of home-made body armor? Apparently the pipe bomb was a fake.

Quote from: Darth Sandra on December 02, 2015, 11:41:23 PM
They just stick their heads in the sand and ignore when one of their own does something awful. I proved that already in this thread.

Why can't you admit Muslims are causing problems all over the globe? Islam, IS - the problem. Muslims are taught and encouraged to behave this way. It's written in the Koran. Go ahead and pretend Islam is peaceful and nothing is wrong.

zeebo

Quote from: Darth Sandra on December 02, 2015, 11:45:49 PM
The Planned Parenthood shooting. Where was that outrage in the politics forum? Where was that multi page thread?

Not excusing the omission but maybe the difference is the PP was a likely an act from a single person acting out of their own warped mind, whereas what happened today suggests a link to a worldwide movement of ideological violence on the rise.  Obviously both are inexcusable events, with similar outcomes, but possibly not equivalent in terms of their implied global threat.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 02, 2015, 11:51:05 PM
Heathen. That's just asking for people to have accidents and hurt themselves. I also oppose scissors somewhat, you should have to go through classes to own them and a background check done to make sure you won't run with them.

ha ha ha ha ha ha

Quote from: Darth Sandra on December 02, 2015, 11:45:49 PM
The Planned Parenthood shooting. Where was that outrage in the politics forum? Where was that multi page thread?

I think you are wrong to equate the PP killing to this latest spate of killings.  The PP issue is a right vs. left thing. The killing was definitely wrong.  The attack on indiscriminate targets is an attack on America itself. 

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on December 02, 2015, 11:49:47 PM
Come to Virginia and I can show you where to buy anything you need.  Gun shows, shops, and collectors sell those weapons with no problem.
I doubt they were title II and I thought even normal sportizered 'assault' semi-autos were illegal in Cali?  :o Bans work, then again, there is an open-border with a narco-state.....

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on December 02, 2015, 11:48:37 PM
Id stab you if i had a saber  ;D.

I prefer daggers n' dirks.  Less flashy but more devious.  :P

Quote from: zeebo on December 02, 2015, 11:52:02 PM
Not excusing the omission but maybe the difference is the PP was a likely an act from a single person acting out of their own warped mind, whereas what happened today suggests a link to a worldwide movement of ideological violence on the rise.  Obviously both are inexcusable events, with similar outcomes, but possibly not equivalent in terms of their implied global threat.

Very well said.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: zeebo on December 02, 2015, 11:52:02 PM

+1

Sandra is outraged that some BellGabbers are not apportioning their outrage correctly (in her mind).  I lost some respect for her tonight.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Sean92008 on December 02, 2015, 11:44:20 PM
There's a 66.6% chance that it is dead.  In this case, that's good enough.  They caught a third person, if it were our main suspect, that name would have surfaced as such.

By the way, Steve Gregory/KFI reported that the cops weren't in a "wild goose chase" or "hunt" mode after the initial shooting, indicating that they knew who they were looking for.

Why so concerned about "verification?"  I had a a guitar forum dude keep on wanting "proof" of my inside information and I had to finally say "I want proof that you don't live in your mother's basement."  That thread died down so quickly after that.

I haven't heard CNN or MSNBC verify whether Farouk was dead or not.

The two dead suspects were IDed as a man and a woman. If Farouk was the dead guy, logic would lead one to assume the woman could be his wife.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Robert on December 02, 2015, 11:47:32 PM
Not consistent with his having bombs prepared.

Could of had the stuff stockpiled for some time, just waiting for the day.  The party was the straw that broke the camel's back.

trostol

its always those people that say it cant happen here are the ones that get got

Sean92008

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 02, 2015, 11:45:24 PM
Meanwhile no one is doing shit about the greatest terrorist weapon in American history

I got a blue one of those and I'll use it!

Bradsmith313

Quote from: Donald Noory on December 02, 2015, 11:46:56 PM
Yeah but why were they so well armed, and apparently wearing body armor? Doesn't make sense.
I don't think it's too soon to pin this on Daesh. And, after covering homicides and assaults, who knows how long bad feelings were simmering and this was planned out?

These callers are utterly retarded.

Three fuckheads whack a couple dozen people and you want the military on every street corner?

Sean92008

Quote from: Juan Cena on December 02, 2015, 11:53:56 PM
I haven't heard CNN or MSNBC verify whether Farouk was dead or not.

The two dead suspects were IDed as a man and a woman. If Farouk was the dead guy, logic would lead one to assume the woman could be his wife.

That's the KFI reporting supposition...  Then I hear (through AB) that he was recently divorced...

Quote from: Donald Noory on December 02, 2015, 11:50:49 PM
Not all Muslims are terrorists, but what percentage of terrorists are Muslim? Hmm...

Over 90%

Quote from: ShayP on December 02, 2015, 11:49:47 PM
Come to Virginia and I can show you where to buy anything you need.  Gun shows, shops, and collectors sell those weapons with no problem.

Same guns used in Paris, do you see the pattern yet? Not about buying these guns, the ammos already restricted, Obama already got that done, yet they had the ammo anyways. So his ban failed, the laws he already had failed, more laws will also fail.

albrecht

Quote from: Rix Gins on December 02, 2015, 11:53:57 PM
Could of had the stuff stockpiled for some time, just waiting for the day.  The party was the straw that broke the camel's back.
But, man, what kind of people, even family, say "ok" I'll go with you to shoot up a bunch of people at a Christmas winter holiday party at a place that helps out "challenged" people and then have firefights with police and throw, apparently, pipebombs?

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 02, 2015, 11:52:31 PM
... The attack on indiscriminate targets is an attack on America itself.

Good point ... I don't want to go political ... but when Obama recently said the Paris attacks were attacks on "all humanity" it really rubbed me raw.  Paris being arguably the historical center of Western Culture, they were attacks on The West, which includes Us.

Lt.Uhura

Ugh, these 'nuke em' callers are so predictable. 

I don't have wormhole capabilities but would like to wormhole Art the McAfee-EMP story if Art wants to talk warfare.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3343354/Could-hi-tech-doomsday-weapon-wipe-America-New-report-warns-military-failed-pace-China-Russia-electromagnetic-warfare.html

ShayP

Quote from: QuantumMystics on December 02, 2015, 11:55:56 PM
Same guns used in Paris, do you see the pattern yet? Not about buying these guns, the ammos already restricted, Obama already got that done, yet they had the ammo anyways. So his ban failed, the laws he already had failed, more laws will also fail.

Hmmm....yeah, I gotcha.

Ciardelo

[/img]
Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 02, 2015, 11:51:01 PM
What's that supposed to mean?  By your logic we can NEVER believe ANYTHING so we have to believe NOTHING.

In other words:  hogwash.