• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Is Amy Martin Real?

Started by exiskorlan, November 30, 2015, 04:52:50 PM

Area51

She reminds me of the next generation Siri, but the giveaway are the subtle mispronunciations that programs have difficulty mimicking in human speech. She is a program.

csummers

If it was a live news report, read at the time, it might work. Instead its a pre recorded thing with words over dubbed and spliced and retaken and remastered and then plunked into a show with a completely different vibe. And its louder, always, than art is during his segment with the guest. Thats like a late night tv commercial at twice the volume as the show you are watching, you just shut it off.

So i turn it down so i can hear art perfect, and amy bursts my ear drum. I then turn amy down and art returns and i cant hear him.

Its amateur barely high school level audio news reporting that has no business on a show with a proven, award winning host.

Its a late night show, people are slumbering at the edge of sleep, listening quietly to art interviewing a guest talking softly and seriously................and then...............THIS IS AMY MARTIN WITH DARK MATTER NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! jolts everyone out of their relaxing mood because when you pre record something like she does, there is no way to match the volume, mood and tone of the show it appears in.

Its a mystery why someone like art who values quality of sound over almost all else in his presentation, would allow such an awful segment to appear on his show.

Dont do it Heather, remove that immediately. Art told you to make the show in your own way, start by ditching that horrible segment. I know if i hear it one more time, i will have it shut off before she gets the words out and unsubscribe. Heather may end up being good, but i cant pay for amy.

DanTSX

Fairly sophisticated Text-to-speech newsreader. 

Wish they would replace Noory with the next generation model.

doctorwhen

Is there a bio? Is this her "style" of speech? Why does she sound automated?

DanTSX

Quote from: doctorwhen on December 18, 2015, 01:33:29 AM
Is there a bio? Is this her "style" of speech? Why does she sound automated?

Because she is

bellNwhistle

Maybe it's the disappointment of no Art talking, but she sounds different now doing the show with Heather. Quieter, or something.

Ring My Bell

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 18, 2015, 03:43:39 PM
Maybe it's the disappointment of no Art talking, but she sounds different now doing the show with Heather. Quieter, or something.

I also wondered if she has been reading this thread because she definitely sounded different on last night's show. It was a lot less irritating than normal.

doctorwhen

I'm sure she does. She's pretty hot by some of her pics I saw. She had a pic of a spoon on her nose lol but she seems nice and normal for the most part. Just such an odd choice of dialect. If she is reading this, Amy, give some bio information! Same with Heather. Listeners like knowing things about the radio personalities. It's what made Art so likeable.

Ciardelo

Quote from: doctorwhen on December 19, 2015, 11:40:46 PM
I'm sure she does. She's pretty hot by some of her pics I saw. She had a pic of a spoon on her nose lol but she seems nice and normal for the most part. Just such an odd choice of dialect. If she is reading this, Amy, give some bio information! Same with Heather. Listeners like knowing things about the radio personalities. It's what made Art so likeable.
Welcome to BellGab

Date Registered:
    December 16, 2015

Only place I've seen that spoon picture was in 4chan.

comaphobe

You can purchase these, and some providers will even let you tweak their voices from high to low, relaxed, or stressed, add contour etc.. You can even add dialect. In short a single voice can be customized using thousands of custom variables. Think of it similar to a guitar effects processor [like maybe a Digitech Zoom505 for example] where effects stored within a solid state memory bank can be combined, tweaked, and cross-faded until you have the pitch, tone, gain, overdrive, and the sustain that you are looking for. It's a similar concept when you create an artificial voice.

About 10-12 years ago I was trying out a public demo (online) using a similar concept, except it was also a visual face to go along with the voice. probably for use with corporate visual presentations (real estate, virtual tours, product demonstrations, etc). This one I used was a demo version and was extremely limited compared to the real deal that was for purchase but the speech output was many many times better (more realistic, human sounding) than the average text to speech service out there, not to mention this one had a face too, and even that had literally thousands of shapes, accents, shades, trimmings, and shapes within shapes among many other visual options. These virtual androids displayed on your screen similar to a news anchor (chest and up) but I don't remember the company who provided this, they probably have competition now.

In Japan you can almost pre-order a Cherry2000 now. That could be the next RealDoll. An animatronic humanoid txtusexual with custom voice that just sits there and txts you all day from across the room. She will look, talk, and walk realistic.. and she will also txt realistic and tell you LOL for no reason no less than 7 times a day. Maybe she will also have turrets, the possibilities are endless.

Amy Martin the news bot babe is more real than some humans these days.

"It's the time to be an android, not a man." - Glenn Danzig, 1978.

Ciardelo

Quote from: comaphobe on December 20, 2015, 12:07:51 AM

Date Registered:
    December 16, 2015

Welcome to BellGab

Value Of Pi

Quote from: comaphobe on December 20, 2015, 12:07:51 AM
You can purchase these, and some providers will even let you tweak their voices from high to low, relaxed, or stressed, add contour etc.. You can even add dialect. In short a single voice can be customized using thousands of custom variables. Think of it similar to a guitar effects processor [like maybe a Digitech Zoom505 for example] where effects stored within a solid state memory bank can be combined, tweaked, and cross-faded until you have the pitch, tone, gain, overdrive, and the sustain that you are looking for. It's a similar concept when you create an artificial voice.

About 10-12 years ago I was trying out a public demo (online) using a similar concept, except it was also a visual face to go along with the voice. probably for use with corporate visual presentations (real estate, virtual tours, product demonstrations, etc). This one I used was a demo version and was extremely limited compared to the real deal that was for purchase but the speech output was many many times better (more realistic, human sounding) than the average text to speech service out there, not to mention this one had a face too, and even that had literally thousands of shapes, accents, shades, trimmings, and shapes within shapes among many other visual options. These virtual androids displayed on your screen similar to a news anchor (chest and up) but I don't remember the company who provided this, they probably have competition now.

In Japan you can almost pre-order a Cherry2000 now. That could be the next RealDoll. An animatronic humanoid txtusexual with custom voice that just sits there and txts you all day from across the room. She will look, talk, and walk realistic.. and she will also txt realistic and tell you LOL for no reason no less than 7 times a day. Maybe she will also have turrets, the possibilities are endless.

Amy Martin the news bot babe is more real than some humans these days.

There's only one way to find out for sure. Ask her human boyfriend.

The Nabob

I think Amy Martin does a great job for what little she has to do since the subjects are given to her to announce from the higher up at MITD.