• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151126 - THANKSGIVING DAY - Replay Tonight

Started by FLLFlash, November 26, 2015, 10:36:24 PM

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: nbirnes on November 27, 2015, 01:50:03 AM
You say that like it's a bad thing.

LOL. 

Awesome comment.   Some of the best days of my life where spent when I was alone and didn't have to deal with all the idiots around me.  Good times.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Barfly on November 27, 2015, 01:50:55 AM
I usually do, but when i am comforted i defend my position accordingly
I know it's just spell check, but I'd hate to see you when you're confronted. :) Here man, take a hit off of this. :::puff:::

Barfly

Quote from: nbirnes on November 27, 2015, 01:50:03 AM
You say that like it's a bad thing.
So it has to be on the Bell Gab forum? And a show that you gave up on? The thread has turned into something completely different from its inception

JamesMcDonald

We all need a little comfort now and then!  🐼

norland2424

Quote from: Barfly on November 27, 2015, 01:53:29 AM
So it has to be on the Bell Gab forum? And a show that you gave up on? The thread has turned into something completely different from its inception

to be fair no one here on bellgab is " normal"

Barfly

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 27, 2015, 01:53:06 AM
I know it's just spell check, but I'd hate to see you when you're confronted. :) Here man, take a hit off of this. :::puff:::
We all make mistakes, my bad, tnx.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Barfly on November 27, 2015, 01:08:36 AM
Actually, i was proud to serve, but initially i enlisted to get them to pay for my school after, my parents where not wealthy.
And they did, if not i have NO idea what i would be doing today. The GI bill is a wonderful thing.

I wholeheartedly agree.. The GI bill after WWII played a large role in education many. And this country is still benefiting from thier education today. I on the other a hand, skirted military service, paid for my schooling the old fashion way, got a job and also payed taxes to support the military and its benefits... I'm not so proud

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: WhiteCrow on November 27, 2015, 01:55:25 AM

I wholeheartedly agree.. The GI bill after WWII played a large role in education many. And this country is still benefiting from thier education today. I on the other a hand, skirted military service, paid for my schooling the old fashion way, got a job and also payed taxes to support the military and its benefits.

Sounds like you two have a lot in common.

Just get along.

Barfly

Quote from: WhiteCrow on November 27, 2015, 01:55:25 AM

I wholeheartedly agree.. The GI bill after WWII had a large in education many. And this country is still benefiting from thier education today. I on the other a hand, skirted military service, paid for my schooling the old fashion way, got a job and also payed taxes to support the military and its benefits.
I volunteered at a bad time in history, and yes at the risk of being killed the government paid for my school.
I guess thats a bad thing, and BTW, i paid close to 40 grand in taxes last year.

nbirnes

Quote from: Barfly on November 27, 2015, 01:53:29 AM

It's a show that I miss. It's an idea that I'm proud of. But you are right -- I gave up and it failed. But, for reasons that only the hive mind understands, we all decided to stick around and plan new blitzes.

You know there's a permanent bar stool for you there.

Praise MV 🌸Bella🌸

WhiteCrow

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 27, 2015, 01:40:13 AM
You mad bro?

Mad in what sense .. Crazy in head? Sure aren't we all..

Mad at Mr Barfly.. Never, just having some fun.. :-*

Barfly

Quote from: nbirnes on November 27, 2015, 02:00:11 AM
It's a show that I miss. It's an idea that I'm proud of. But you are right -- I gave up and it failed. But, for reasons that only the hive mind understands, we all decided to stick around and plan new blitzes.

You know there's a permanent bar stool for you there.

Praise MV 🌸Bella🌸
Just to let you know Nancy i did enjoy the show, but you did talk to much over guests.
I think you could have made it work, i also like Rose, but she didn't fit in the show IMHO.
If you indeed bring it back i will listen, just let the guests speak more.

nbirnes

Quote from: Barfly on November 27, 2015, 02:03:43 AM
Just to let you know Nancy i did enjoy the show, but you did talk to much over guests.
I think you could have made it work, i also like Rose, but she didn't fit in the show IMHO.
If you indeed bring it back i will listen, just let the guests speak more.

I really appreciate that, and hope you will save me a place beside you at the virtual bar. Good times.

Barfly

Quote from: nbirnes on November 27, 2015, 02:06:49 AM
I really appreciate that, and hope you will save me a place beside you at the virtual bar. Good times.
I would have a beer with you anytime, if you ever get to Key West beers are on me, just dont talk my ear off ;D

nbirnes

Quote from: Barfly on November 27, 2015, 02:08:55 AM
I would have a beer with you anytime, if you ever get to Key West beers are on me, just dont talk my ear off ;D

Can't promise that. But I'll pay for rounds.

Barfly

Quote from: nbirnes on November 27, 2015, 02:13:13 AM
Can't promise that. But I'll pay for rounds.
I suddenly love you, dont tell Bill  ;D

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Barfly on November 27, 2015, 01:46:27 AM
tnx, Jazz and i are discussing stating a show together.
Just a question, why is it still called Bella Haven? The show is long dead.
My assumption that MV keeps it alive is obviously because he wants to keep people happy, while in fact its ridiculous to keep it, same with the Falkie thread.
There are hundreds of thousands of forums that old farts discuss silly shit like, hey i made some coffee and bacon, you want some? and the reply is yes, its delicious.
These are people that are lonely, and have no life.

Oh Mr Barfly, if I were to tell you about the wisdom of MV, your vision of the world, could come crashing down on your  one-is-never-enough filled head.

It's best for you to let us, that that already know about such these things that 'make' the world go around, to ponder the wisdom of MV.

Praise MV

Viva Falkie thread
Viva Bella-Haven

WhiteCrow

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 27, 2015, 01:58:07 AM
Sounds like you two have a lot in common.

Just get along.

We are getting along.. Barfly and I just stumbled out the bar door and are now howling at the full moon..

"All you Bella-Haven Babes  ... we NEED you... on this very Thanksgiving Night"   :-* :-*

FLLFlash

Quote from: WanagoBleu on November 27, 2015, 01:03:00 AM
Flash and Barfly, thx you for your service. And life spirit that you invested in that. And to any other veterans here.

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 27, 2015, 12:39:46 AM
40 years ago the amount of 3-letter agency recruiting on Ivy League campuses was massive. I assume it still is.

I let the USN recruit me (a wildly unpopular option at the time) before accepting an all expense paid, plus salary, trip to graduate school. I probably should have GOne NAVY. Oh well.

To be fair and to dispel any misimpressions I may engendered:
- I was in Army ROTC as a sophomore in college and elected not to continue on, and
- In spite of my divergence from the Army ROTC program I was heavily recruited by the Navy when I graduated. I was accepted and declined their offer. This choice is one I frequently regret.

So while I had several close encounters with the military I am not actually a veteran.

Both my stint in Army ROTC and my recruitment by the Navy were wildly unpopular options at the time, which was not a factor in my decisions. I chose to accept a graduate assistanceship which covered the cost of my degree and paid me a salary. It was a tough choice. I don't regret what I did, but I sometimes regret what I didn't do.

FLLFlash

Quote from: Barfly on November 27, 2015, 12:58:38 AM
I would do it all over again, it made me a adult, and the GI bill paid for my school when my gig was up.
But i still have that disgust the way they went about it

In the time since we were that age the recruiters have been compelled to clean up their act considerably. If they break a promise to you now I think you can get out of your contract and muster out. The individual would have to consider whether the transgression warrants dislocating yourself from the service. There's still a lot of hanky panky that goes on and I suspect there always will be. It's a tradition.

FLLFlash

Quote from: WhiteCrow on November 27, 2015, 01:42:43 AM
I give thanks on this day of Thanksgiving to you, Mr Barfly for military service and all the taxpayers that paid for your education.

I find myself bereft of a response. This post can't possibly intend to be as snarky as it reads.

FLLFlash

Quote from: Barfly on November 27, 2015, 01:46:27 AM
tnx, Jazz and i are discussing stating a show together.
Just a question, why is it still called Bella Haven? The show is long dead.
My assumption that MV keeps it alive is obviously because he wants to keep people happy, while in fact its ridiculous to keep it, same with the Falkie thread.
There are hundreds of thousands of forums that old farts discuss silly shit like, hey i made some coffee and bacon, you want some? and the reply is yes, its delicious.
These are people that are lonely, and have no life.

MV puts up with our shit so the least we can do in return is put up with theirs. I suppose they consider us total degenerates. Day people have never held night people in great respect. Such is our lot in life. Let them enjoy their coffee.

Praise MV.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: WhiteCrow on November 27, 2015, 02:02:29 AM
Mad in what sense .. Crazy in head? Sure aren't we all..

Mad at Mr Barfly.. Never, just having some fun.. :-*

You mad bro is an expression people use to troll on the Internet. I was being facetious 😀

VtaGeezer

Quote from: WanagoBleu on November 26, 2015, 11:14:53 PM
Greetings Bellgabbers!!! Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs to all of you. And since I can't pour you a drink for a laugh, ill give you a poem for your Soul.

The Swan

Did you too see it, drifting, all night, on the black river?
Did you see it in the morning, rising into the silvery air -
An armful of white blossoms,
A perfect commotion of silk and linen as it leaned
into the bondage of its wings; a snowbank, a bank of lilies,
Biting the air with its black beak?
Did you hear it, fluting and whistling
A shrill dark music - like the rain pelting the trees - like a waterfall
Knifing down the black ledges?
And did you see it, finally, just under the clouds -
A white cross Streaming across the sky, its feet
Like black leaves, its wings
Like the stretching light of the river?
And did you feel it, in your heart, how it pertained to everything?
And have you too finally figured out what beauty is for?
And have you changed your life?
--Mary Oliver, an American Pulitzer Prize Winning Poet

Many years ago, a hunting buddy of mine bagged a swan he'd taken for a goose.  First the winged swan ran him down and beat the living crap out of him, then a Fed warden caught him after he blew its head off.  Cost him a bundle.