• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151117 - Kevin Randle - 100 Years of UFO Coverups - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 17, 2015, 09:36:28 PM

nika01

Dear Art,

Please endeavor to get over your audio obsession. Your constant interruptions pointing out minor audio glitches are far worse than the problem itself !!!

Concerned Listener

AvDaBr

Quote from: Demontooth on November 18, 2015, 07:44:40 AM
Art getting distracted, starting and stopping, and bitching about mic noise is worse than the actual mic noise.

To top it off, he is the one who insists on Skype as a favorable means of communication.  I get the feeling one of these nights a guest is going to tell Art to stick Skype so far up his ass photon therapy won't reach it.

CornyCrow

Quote from: AvDaBr on November 18, 2015, 09:02:56 AM
To top it off, he is the one who insists on Skype as a favorable means of communication.  I get the feeling one of these nights a guest is going to tell Art to stick Skype so far up his ass photon therapy won't reach it.
He said when Skype is working well, it is excellent. He admits that there are glitches.

jblank

Quote from: Segundus on November 18, 2015, 09:56:44 AM
He said when Skype is working well, it is excellent. He admits that there are glitches.

All the more reason for him to hush up about it the little minor hiccups that come with using it.

ziznak

I just worry that he might turn off some possible fans that's all... everybody has their pet peeves.  It makes sense Art would have high standards for the audio of his show.  He IS, after all, the greatest broadcaster to EVER LIVE.

boom!

Demontooth

It brought the show to a grinding halt.  Skype calls usually do too. I'd ditch it for listeners.

nika01

Quote from: Demontooth on November 18, 2015, 12:00:33 PM
It brought the show to a grinding halt.  Skype calls usually do too. I'd ditch it for listeners.
Only ground to a halt because an issue was made of it. Makes me wonder how Art survives on 75 meter ssb

Auslandia

I mean, I appreciate the dedication to great audio but constantly stopping the show to point it out, discuss, lecture, etc is counter productive.  Trust me, everyone can HEAR the bad audio.  It's not like it needs to be brought up all the time.  In fact, the poor audio would be less noticeable if Art would just let the person say what they have to say then hang up on them.  Pointing it out ad nauseum just prolongs the anguish.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Auslandia on November 18, 2015, 02:10:55 PM
I mean, I appreciate the dedication to great audio but constantly stopping the show to point it out, discuss, lecture, etc is counter productive.  Trust me, everyone can HEAR the bad audio.  It's not like it needs to be brought up all the time.  In fact, the poor audio would be less noticeable if Art would just let the person say what they have to say then hang up on them.  Pointing it out ad nauseum just prolongs the anguish.

I don't remember Art's audio obsession as being quite so bad back in the day. He used to grumble about crappy cellphones now and again, but it has become a tic with him now, cutting off callers quite ruthlessly if there is even a fairly small glitch on the line. Perhaps it's my imagination, but whenever I hear a caller on Skype it will almost certainly be a bad call, with the caller droning on about nothing for too long and Art not cutting them off fast enough, seemingly because he just likes the quality of the audio. There's some east coast type who keeps getting on, and I haven't heard him make one decent point yet. Perhaps the callers were always pretty useless, but it seems to have got worse on the new show.

nika01

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 18, 2015, 02:18:07 PM
I don't remember Art's audio obsession as being quite so bad back in the day. He used to grumble about crappy cellphones now and again, but it has become a tic with him now, cutting off callers quite ruthlessly if there is even a fairly small glitch on the line. Perhaps it's my imagination, but whenever I hear a caller on Skype it will almost certainly be a bad call, with the caller droning on about nothing for too long and Art not cutting them off fast enough, seemingly because he just likes the quality of the audio. There's some east coast type who keeps getting on, and I haven't heard him make one decent point yet. Perhaps the callers were always pretty useless, but it seems to have got worse on the new show.
Not to mention his self assured know it all dismissal of people that dont agree with him. That lady that called in about Travis Walton is a case in point. She made good points, Art couldnt or didnt want to comprehend what she said. I did, she was clear as a bell on Walton. I suppose it comes with age. I shouldnt be so harsh because I do the same thing. It is just a different Art Bell this time around, some better, some worse. I still love him though.

ziznak

Well, at least Art lets the people know he can't continue with the call before he cuts them off... unlike that "Turkey" on coast.

ZomZom

Finished the archive on my commute home.  UFOs are my favorite subject, but Randle's appearance was just meh.  I don't think he did any prep for the show at all.  Compare to Peter Davenport or LMH who always have fresh material to report.  Not a horrible show by any means, but just meh.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ZomZom on November 18, 2015, 04:03:35 PM
Finished the archive on my commute home.  UFOs are my favorite subject, but Randle's appearance was just meh.  I don't think he did any prep for the show at all.  Compare to Peter Davenport or LMH who always have fresh material to report.  Not a horrible show by any means, but just meh.

Concur

FLLFlash

Quote from: nika01 on November 18, 2015, 12:18:23 PM
Only ground to a halt because an issue was made of it. Makes me wonder how Art survives on 75 meter ssb

That's a good question. Probably few here have any idea what that sounds like, but any SSB sounds pretty bad.

Kylearan

Quote from: nika01 on November 18, 2015, 09:02:34 AM
Dear Art,

Please endeavor to get over your audio obsession. Your constant interruptions pointing out minor audio glitches are far worse than the problem itself !!!

Concerned Listener

Maybe Art Should start flying some of these jokers in, it's not like they actually have jobs or real lives.

Kylearan

henge0stone

Quote from: nika01 on November 18, 2015, 09:02:34 AM
Dear Art,

Concerned Listener

I found the audio swoosh to be extremely distracting in the first part. Normally I agree that Art is too strict about his audio but this time it pissed me off. Kevin clearly had a window open or something.

A bigger complaint is Art's Jacob's obsession. I thought it was a solid UFO episode until Art harked on the Jacobs thing over and over. Kevin clearly didn't really agree but Art was sorta pushy about it. Jacobs has no proof other than hypnosis, which is questionable at best.