• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151113 - Terrorism in Paris - Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 13, 2015, 09:06:28 PM

Quote from: trostol on November 14, 2015, 01:07:33 AM
except for after Art's show then the traffic mysteriously..lightens

And those that stayed on the stream fell asleep and are eating precious bandwidth  ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: Barfly on November 14, 2015, 01:02:04 AM
I couldn't make it yesterday, i had to put my dog down  :(
I am so sorry Barfly.  It is just as hard to lose a canine family member as it is to lose a human one.

zeebo

Quote from: swordpoint9 on November 14, 2015, 01:05:04 AM
Sorry to Hear I have four Beagle derivatives now all Great . I lost My Pitbull last Year !

My condolences for your loss sw9 ... we lost a special dog ourselves last year.  Anyone who says dogs don't have souls can kiss my furry butt.

Zenman

Zzzzillion

I know Mr. Rogan ... not best friends but have had the pleasure of hanging out with him a couple times ... good dude ... scary smart and waaaaay underrated as a comedian.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 14, 2015, 01:09:17 AM
*heavy sigh* I now have a young grand daughter who will be in school in a year, Breslan is a lesson we have yet to learn in the US.  My son-in-law is a teacher in a school system where the superintendent refused to allow the local police to practice assaults (in the summer, from 1-4 am) to rescue students because the school system has a "zero tolerance" to guns in any school building.

Until we think like the attackers, we're sitting ducks. Insanity.

trostol

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 14, 2015, 01:10:20 AM
I know Mr. Rogan ... not best friends but have had the pleasure of hanging out with him a couple times ... good dude ... scary smart and waaaaay underrated as a comedian.

i would disagree with the last part personally

swordpoint9

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 14, 2015, 01:09:17 AM
*heavy sigh* I now have a young grand daughter who will be in school in a year, Breslan is a lesson we have yet to learn in the US.  My son-in-law is a teacher in a school system where the superintendent refused to allow the local police to practice assaults (in the summer, from 1-4 am) to rescue students because the school system has a "zero tolerance" to guns in any school building.
You know my History so I agree with the heavy sigh Brother !

zeebo

Quote from: Zenman on November 14, 2015, 01:05:34 AM
Lol. They do. I like how they face to the side without walking into the wall.

Haha, yep, it's like some weird collision-detection system that A.I. researchers are studying. 

Stephen

Quote from: Stephen on November 14, 2015, 12:51:14 AM
it's not how long you last, it's the reboot time... all about determination...

Quote from: Barfly on November 14, 2015, 12:59:19 AM
i just turned 60, reboot time is well over 10 hours on a good day

i'm 62 a week ago tomorrow... c'mon scorp!, it's all about focus...

Barfly

I got my CCW permit in one class, it helps if you where in the military.

Zzzzillion

Quote from: Barfly on November 14, 2015, 01:06:32 AM
My buddies took me out for dinner and drinks tonight not only for my birthday but also to remember JoJo, everybody loved her.
I'm OK, its just strange she is not sitting at my feet right now.
She was in SO much pain, i had to do the right thing.

Mine went recently too ... family and I went out and got a new dog the next day. It's the day I started to think there might be something to this reincarnation jazz.

zeebo

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 14, 2015, 01:05:48 AM
+10   MWaah-ha-ha-ha

Gettin da props from SL5 tonite.  My evening is complete.  I shall how rest on my laurels.   ;)

Spinner

Quote from: Coffeeman on November 14, 2015, 12:52:48 AM
That was me. I am scared. I'm very well aware of what the Japanese ignorance to the world is. I don't know, I keep up with the news in the States and its...amazing to me. My wife thinks I'm paranoid, but...shit, I don think so.
You keep up with the U.S. news? No wonder you're paranoid. Take my advise, stop listening to the news. They're designed to keep you in fear. Instead, enjoy some quality time with your family, have a delicious meal, and listen to cheerful music. I recommend SMAP. :)

maren

Quote from: Barfly on November 14, 2015, 01:02:04 AM
I couldn't make it yesterday, i had to put my dog down  :(

Sigh.  I didn't want to ask.  I'm sorry, Barfly.  We know how bad it hurts.  Thoughts are with you and Jo Jo. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Barfly on November 14, 2015, 01:06:32 AM
My buddies took me out for dinner and drinks tonight not only for my birthday but also to remember JoJo, everybody loved her.
I'm OK, its just strange she is not sitting at my feet right now.
She was in SO much pain, i had to do the right thing.

I'm sorry for your loss and can totally relate. I lost my best friend about a month ago and it still feels like a fresh gut punch. Hang tough and remember the good times.

swordpoint9

Quote from: zeebo on November 14, 2015, 01:10:03 AM
My condolences for your loss sw9 ... we lost a special dog ourselves last year.  Anyone who says dogs don't have souls can kiss my furry butt.
Thanks Zeebo I agree it is so hard !

maren

Quote from: Morgus on November 14, 2015, 01:13:09 AM
This caller is SPIKE!

That's my co-worker's name.  Said he spent his life saying "yes, it's my real name".   ;D

Morgus

SPIKE wants to build two walls a mile apart and the area inside becomes a prison.
Reminds me of "Escape from New York" with Snake Plissken...

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: trostol on November 14, 2015, 01:13:52 AM
did he say northern? he dislikes Canadians too?

lol he meant two walls with a space between to imprison the illegals.

Zzzzillion

Quote from: trostol on November 14, 2015, 01:11:04 AM
i would disagree with the last part personally

Many do ... he's not for everyone. I've mostly been around him when he works things out in small clubs and does a lot of crowd work. He's a master at that ... not a huge fan of what he does in larger venues. Plus he called out that douche Carlos Mencia on YouTube, which was great and long overdue.

Barfly

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 14, 2015, 01:12:20 AM
Mine went recently too ... family and I went out and got a new dog the next day. It's the day I started to think there might be something to this reincarnation jazz.
I thought about it, but im leaving Key West in 3 years and going to retire in either Tennessee or Kentucky, i just want some land and a small house.
Then i will get another dog,

michio

Quote from: Morgus on November 14, 2015, 01:05:17 AM
Do a quick internet search - there is an easy fix for that, I think you just edit something in the registry.
I did it months ago on my laptop and no more Windows 10 nags and the button for upgrade is gone too!
I think there was a Windows 7 update item that started it that can be uninstalled too.

Thanks, Morgus and others. I'll do a search and also check out the links from the other kind BellGab members to have another go at it. I tried it once before, uninstalling this and that update, but gave up at some point. Yeah, I'll be sure to back up the registry before I might mangle it into oblivion.

zeebo

Quote from: maren on November 14, 2015, 01:14:05 AM
That's my co-worker's name.  Said he spent his life saying "yes, it's my real name".   ;D

maren thanks for a much-needed lol tonite.   :)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 14, 2015, 01:14:45 AM
Plus he called out that douche Carlos Mencia on YouTube, which was great and long overdue.

Joke thieves deserve a shitstorm. Denis Leary in particular.