• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Horror Movies!

Started by ksm32, October 28, 2015, 09:33:10 PM

ksm32

Is DUEL a horror movie? I so want it to be :)  The devil drove the truck, right? 8)
https://youtu.be/5MtAMc4i8OA

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ksm32 on October 19, 2018, 09:24:07 PM
Is DUEL a horror movie? I so want it to be :)  The devil drove the truck, right? 8)
https://youtu.be/5MtAMc4i8OA

The case could be made.

ShayP

I saw the new Halloween Friday night.  When I first heard this movie was being made as a sequel to the original I was excited.  I tempered my expectations going into this one but still was eager, hoping for a reinvention of the classic since we are supposed to disregard all other sequels.   I must say that I was somewhat disappointed overall.  Most of the cast was awful.  Laurie Strode was a little over the top, IMO.  It was cool seeing a glimpse of Michael Myers' face (without the mask) portrayed by the original actor.  Grey hair and some wrinkles.  However being 40 years older didn't prevent him from being an killing machine with still impressive strength.

This movie should've been 20 minutes longer so they could fill in more of a family dynamic between Laurie and her daughter and granddaughter.  In addition to Michael's 40 years in captivity.  These story lines just seemed to brief and generic.  There were segments of the original 'part two' that were copied and adapted, but to me not as they should've been.  There also was a big WTF moment that I'm still trying to process.  We waited for the credits to end because most of the movies now put out post-credit scenes so we expected some kind of teaser.  Well, there was something at the end but I don't want to spoil it.

This movie was underwhelming.  If it only had some more meat on it's bones so to speak.  I'll be generous and give it 3 of 5 stars.

ksm32

Quote from: ShayP on October 21, 2018, 01:08:04 PM
I saw the new Halloween Friday night.  When I first heard this movie was being made as a sequel to the original I was excited.  I tempered my expectations going into this one but still was eager, hoping for a reinvention of the classic since we are supposed to disregard all other sequels.   I must say that I was somewhat disappointed overall.  Most of the cast was awful.  Laurie Strode was a little over the top, IMO.  It was cool seeing a glimpse of Michael Myers' face (without the mask) portrayed by the original actor.  Grey hair and some wrinkles.  However being 40 years older didn't prevent him from being an killing machine with still impressive strength.

This movie should've been 20 minutes longer so they could fill in more of a family dynamic between Laurie and her daughter and granddaughter.  In addition to Michael's 40 years in captivity.  These story lines just seemed to brief and generic.  There were segments of the original 'part two' that were copied and adapted, but to me not as they should've been.  There also was a big WTF moment that I'm still trying to process.  We waited for the credits to end because most of the movies now put out post-credit scenes so we expected some kind of teaser.  Well, there was something at the end but I don't want to spoil it.

This movie was underwhelming.  If it only had some more meat on it's bones so to speak.  I'll be generous and give it 3 of 5 stars.
Not what I wanted to hear, or read. My wife wants to go to this thing on Wednesday night. :-\ Think I'd rather take a belt sander to my undercarriage followed by a salt bath followed by being smothered in honey and thrown into a huge anthill.

ShayP

Quote from: ksm32 on October 21, 2018, 06:44:14 PM
Not what I wanted to hear, or read. My wife wants to go to this thing on Wednesday night. :-\ Think I'd rather take a belt sander to my undercarriage followed by a salt bath followed by being smothered in honey and thrown into a huge anthill.

LOL!!!  No no. Don't go to that length to avoid it.  ;D  Enjoy the night out with wifey.  :)  Tell me what you both thought of it.  Maybe it's just me.  :-\  You and/or she may love it.   ;)

Cheers man!   8)

Jackstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jq0MM6_dZI

It's crazy how trailers give away so much of a film. This one practically spills the entire book, except for the gratuitously tacked on ending, and the gratuitous shower scene at the beginning.

Recommended.

ItsOver

Quote from: ksm32 on October 21, 2018, 06:44:14 PM
You may like it if you think you'd enjoy watching Jamie Lee Curtis as a crazy cat lady and viewing some annoying British pod casters being horrifically murdered.  AMC showed "Halloween III" the other day and I'd much rather watch it.

http://youtu.be/hIHUv2ooG38

ksm32

Quote from: ItsOver on October 31, 2018, 04:10:53 AM
You may like it if you think you'd enjoy watching Jamie Lee Curtis as a crazy cat lady and viewing some annoying British pod casters being horrifically murdered.  AMC showed "Halloween III" the other day and I'd much rather watch it.

http://youtu.be/hIHUv2ooG38
Halloween III is by far my favorite in the, franchise? It's an odd one in that it's really its own movie... although we know that already :P

I did indeed see the new one and I guess it had its moments, kind of. Her frizzy hair bothered me.     The first 40 minutes of The Box (2009) was great!

ItsOver

Quote from: ksm32 on October 31, 2018, 11:18:22 PM
Halloween III is by far my favorite in the, franchise? It's an odd one in that it's really its own movie... although we know that already :P

I did indeed see the new one and I guess it had its moments, kind of. Her frizzy hair bothered me.     The first 40 minutes of The Box (2009) was great!
Ha!  Yeah, this frizzy haired version kinda of ruined her original image from the original "Halloween."  Of course, as you you know, Halloween III was widely criticized for straying from any connection to Michael Meyers but it's my favorite of the franchise, too.  Definitely odd but it adds to the creepy atmosphere, along with O'Herlihy's killer humanoid-looking bots and that damn song.  O'Herlihy was stellar as a creepy old guy.  :D

ksm32

Quote from: ItsOver on November 01, 2018, 07:27:47 AM
Ha!  Yeah, this frizzy haired version kinda of ruined her original image from the original "Halloween."  Of course, as you you know, Halloween III was widely criticized for straying from any connection to Michael Meyers but it's my favorite of the franchise, too.  Definitely odd but it adds to the creepy atmosphere, along with O'Herlihy's killer humanoid-looking bots and that damn song.  O'Herlihy was stellar as a creepy old guy.  :D
Lol it's funny you bring up that song. While posting the previous I had the song in my head and thought boy, if I had to wake up to that song every day things would get pretty rough for those around me :P   Evil earworm

Asuka Langley

I seen this movie last night and was surprised that a boomer movie had the kind of odd humor i can appreciate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTrpFBWZM0