• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151027 - Tish Owen - Curses - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 27, 2015, 04:35:03 PM

bateman

Quote from: norland2424 on October 27, 2015, 11:10:22 PM
I told ya last night that would be a long week lol  ;D

Tomorrow's guest is the manager of a Ricky's Halloween Store.

ShayP

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 27, 2015, 11:12:09 PM
Themed weeks usually end up underwhelming.

Does anyone remember that weird thing C2C was doing some years back where every hour was a new surprise guest? The secret door specials or whatever?

I hope we don't descend into that.

Lionel Fanthorpe is always available.

trostol

Quote from: bateman on October 27, 2015, 11:09:06 PM
I'll say it again: she's like a bad open lines caller.
Sounds like she's getting pretty looped up. Must be sucking down the Jim Beam at a record pace.

Weirdoradio

She's getting real mush mouthed up in here.

I found her spirit animal:

Bad luck, a lot of times, is just self fulfilling prophecy. If you think you have bad luck you're, more than likely, going to have bad luck.

Spinner

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 27, 2015, 11:01:03 PM
Suspect it's cuz of Ramona.  I don't remember him saying she was a witch before. 
Art used to mention it often.

Barfly

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on October 27, 2015, 11:09:27 PM
You're incorrect about the finish affecting tone.  The pickups affect the tone.

Source: 42 years of playing guitar.   :)

p.s. the 70s were tone lame?  Yikes man.  Incorrect again.
I'm not getting in the middle of this one, i have been playing since 1964, its the only good thing i ever got out of a catholic school, we had to take a instrument, choices where the piano, accordion, trumpet or guitar, i grew up in a mostly Polish neighborhood and most of the parents made kids take accordion, my parents where cool and let me take guitar, i haven't put one down since .
And actually i got a great education from catholic school, cept for the forced religious aspects and Nuns beating me senseless 

Weirdoradio

Quote from: PrairieGhost on October 27, 2015, 11:16:18 PM
Art sounds really bored right now.

He's either gonna open up the lines for the guest soon or dump her and go to open lines.

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 27, 2015, 11:17:20 PM
He's either gonna open up the lines for the guest soon or dump her and go to open lines.

He's just changing the subject.

Barfly

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on October 27, 2015, 11:15:56 PM
I'd like to hear Art interview this witch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmWz-n2erGw
Why do all these witch chicks look alike.
Woman that have 20 cats look about the same

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Darth Sandra on October 27, 2015, 11:18:56 PM
He's just changing the subject.

I feel like he's going down through his list of pre-written questions/topics, hoping to find something that'll stick and make sense and be intriguing. The closest he came to genuine interest was the Nashville park story.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Barfly on October 27, 2015, 11:16:41 PM
I'm not getting in the middle of this one, i have been playing since 1964, its the only good thing i ever got out of a catholic school, we had to take a instrument, choices where the piano, accordion, trumpet or guitar, i grew up in a mostly Polish neighborhood and most of the parents made kids take accordion, my parents where cool and let me take guitar, i haven't put one down since .
And actually i got a great education from catholic school, cept for the forced religious aspects and Nuns beating me senseless

The "tonewood" debate is a hot one.  Bottom line is, it's a giant crock of bullshit.  The tone from an electric guitar comes from the pickups and the fingers, not the damned wood.  There are a shitload of guys on Youtube who have made videos proving the point, but some people will never listen.   :)

The guitar has been a huge part of my life.  I've got around 14 of them now and the collection just keeps growing.  Getting into making my own now with the help of a great luthier.  Awesome stuff.

Catsmile

OMG... WITCH, FINISH A SENTENCE, BEFORE YOU START THE NEXT.
How can you invoke a spell if you can't complete a sentence? 

Zenman

Quote from: ShayP on October 27, 2015, 11:13:58 PM
Thirdeded.  :o

Fourthed, I'm afraid. To be honest tho, this thread doesn't altogether not suck tonight as well to some extent.