• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Disabling BellGab's "Ignore User" Feature

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 23, 2015, 09:16:18 PM

Is it ok if we disable the "ignore user" feature?  Please?

Yes
No

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: onan on October 25, 2015, 01:09:23 PM
Just change my user name to onan,.

and on and on and on an d... 

I'll get me coat.

Catsmile

I personally don't care one way or the other.
However, I deal with enough bleating, bleeding vaginas in real life...

Keep the ignore feature, that way the precious people can ignore others until their forum experience is like their MyFace Wall. Most people who need to lean on the IU feature heavily rarely have anything interesting to input anyway. Why take the IU from them, and get a string of rants because they don't have the mental fortitude to simply ignore other members; or worse defend their arguments.

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
                                                                                                               - Samuel Clemens

ItsOver

What about apostrophes?  I'm thinking of upgrading.  I certainly hope there is no punctuation discrimination running rampant at BellGab.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on October 25, 2015, 01:19:35 PM
What about apostrophes?  I'm thinking of upgrading.  I certainly hope there is no punctuation discrimination running rampant at BellGab.

What about Abs.?

Naa, abbreviations will never catch on.

whoozit

Whatever makes it easier for you MV.  Your forum your rules.  I don't use the ignore feature but have been tempted a few times.  It seems many do use and like the feature.  Thanks for asking before deciding.

Eddie Coyle

If I had it to do all over again, I'd use ampersands, umlauts and a interrobang.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 25, 2015, 01:30:39 PM
   If I had it to do all over again, I'd use ampersands, umlauts and a interrobang.

Show off

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 25, 2015, 01:39:41 PM
    And I didn't even mention my nude self portrait avatar.

It speaks for itself; no description needed.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 25, 2015, 01:43:10 PM
It speaks for itself; no description needed.

It could launch a thousand ships...in the other direction.

ItsOver

Quote from: whoozit on October 25, 2015, 01:27:00 PM
Whatever makes it easier for you MV...
A blatant BellGab violation.  Reported.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on October 25, 2015, 02:21:34 PM
Good point.  Do it for the bunnies.  #noboiledrabbits

Oh c'mon!! Who in their right mind names their daughter Glenn? Really!

#sensiblegirlsnames

ItsOver

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 25, 2015, 01:30:39 PM
My latest BellGab campaign.
#&@%'*"
"Punctuation lives matter."

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on October 25, 2015, 02:30:46 PM
My latest BellGab campaign.
#&@%'*"
"Punctuation lifes matter."

#grammarnazi

"Using Lives instead of lifes matter"

ItsOver

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 25, 2015, 02:34:40 PM
#grammarnazi

"Using Lives instead of lifes matter"
#givemeasecondtocorrectmyblantanterror
"All hail the grammar Nazi."

DanTSX

Quote from: coaster on October 25, 2015, 01:04:05 PM
That's a pretty dumb argument. Saying that people annoy you in real life so they should have a chance to annoy you here. In my real life, if someone annoys me, I avoid them. Thats the beauty of the ignore feature. It makes a visit here easier. Why get rid of a great feature that helps and improves the site. I do not understand the reasoning.

Well.......ignore the forum and find another hangout for a while then....

That's what I do.  But it's not so much individual posters, than I just have competing interests and the discussions here fail to hold my interest.    But I will admit that these away episodes typically follow me lighting a particular member up for something they said that was particularly insufferable.  So it's a self-correcting thing for me.

Maybe it would work for you?

starrmtn001

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 25, 2015, 01:47:10 AM
I ain't got nobody on ignore.  Nor will I.  The 'ignore' function is for pussies.  It's things like the ignore button that ensures the pussification of the American Republic.
Do not waver MV.  Be steadfast and resolute, cancel the ignore feature. p  It's one small, yet determined, step on your part to rebuild America.

I salute you.
Ok Paladin, here's something we disagree on, finally.  And, by the way,  who ya callin' pussy?  And don't you be looking at my Avatar!
This won't make any sense after Halloween when I change it lol.

ItsOver

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 25, 2015, 01:47:10 AM
I ain't got nobody on ignore.  Nor will I.  The 'ignore' function is for pussies.  It's things like the ignore button that ensures the pussification of the American Republic.
Do not waver MV.  Be steadfast and resolute, cancel the ignore feature.  It's one small, yet determined, step on your part to rebuild America.

I salute you.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: zeebo on October 23, 2015, 11:31:45 PM
Sure but seriously some posters just get off on posting things like tasteless pics which cannot be un-seen, over and over and over.  It can become quite distracting to all the good stuff on the site.  These folks are obviously either oblivious to the most basic social decorum or they're just intentionally trying to provoke a response - in either case, if they become un-ignorable, the flame wars shall burn with the heat of a thousand suns.
Quote from: phrodo on October 25, 2015, 03:41:31 PM
1 - Annoying people are annoying you about being ignored?? Simple - ignore them.

2 - I don't use it so don't know if it works well or not. If not - then fix the feature so that it is effective. Are you lazy Keith?
`
3 - And everybody should have the opportunity to ignore an annoying user if they so desire. Face it -- there are some really offensive assholes|scum of the internet on this board and if they aren't truly such -- they do a damn good job of pretending they are. Why do you feel you should subject everyone to their insane depravity?

My vote is to keep it -- even though I don't use it.
Yeah. Douche the ignore "feature."
Easy enough already to ignore the ignorant and dull hall-monitors who have been mutating Bellgab into their own private knitting society. *yawn* They no doubt cringe at the thought of the three stooges, in public, while laughing their asses off at them in private.   Critics, lol...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDlR_ccnZww&sns=em

Scroll! Scroll!

phrodo

Quote from: MV on October 23, 2015, 09:16:18 PM
I've been thinking about doing it, for a couple of reasons.

1) I get a lot of complaints about it, and it's just gotten tiresome fielding them.

2) The feature's implementation isn't very effective anyway.

3) I just have this gut feeling that everybody should have the opportunity to see everything that's posted.  I think allowing people to ignore this user and that user just rips a lot of the character and flavor out of the forum.

My reason for posting this is to see what all of you think. Will you soil yourself if this feature is disabled?  Comment here, vote above.

1 - Annoying people are annoying you about being ignored?? Simple - ignore them.

2 - I don't use it so don't know if it works well or not. If not - then fix the feature so that it is effective. Are you lazy Keith?
`
3 - And everybody should have the opportunity to ignore an annoying user if they so desire. Face it -- there are some really offensive assholes|scum of the internet on this board and if they aren't truly such -- they do a damn good job of pretending they are. Why do you feel you should subject everyone to their insane depravity?

My vote is to keep it -- even though I don't use it.

Daggit

This seems like a pointless poll. Those that are against an ignore feature likely would never use it so why should they care if it exists. There are also some potential ignore list candidates who are most likely to vote against just because. It also seems as if the OP would likely get more hassles from those that use the ignore if the ignore feature goes as they will likely report more posts.

ItsOver

Quote from: Gumby, Dammit on October 25, 2015, 03:41:01 PM
... They no doubt cringe at the thought of the three stooges, in public, while laughing their asses off at them in private.   Critics, lol...
I'm glad the need for this debate was recognized early on.
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=21660

#CurlythetrueStooge

Catsmile

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 25, 2015, 04:00:28 PM
Did somebody just post something?

OOOPS!!!1 Missed one.
The word sucks can't be unseen, you're ruining it for the good posters of BallGrab.
My G rated standards must be kept, I'm precious. Such words and ideas shouldn't be used, in mixed company, you... you cyberbully. Seeing such bulling makes me mad, then I say bad things. Which might make someone not like me, or think less of my high standards. Do you know how many cutesy post I have to make, pretending to be my avatar; in a bid to seek attention, and curry favor from those I believe to be opposite sex around here? I mean the good posters. A single negative post by me could erase all of that, Sir. Losing face by tripping over my tail while white knighting is also a danger of seeing what the bad posters type around here.

<IGNORED!!>  >:(

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Gumby, Dammit on October 25, 2015, 03:41:01 PM
Yeah. Douche the ignore "feature."
Easy enough already to ignore the ignorant and dull hall-monitors who have been mutating Bellgab into their own private knitting society.

I think someone needs a cup of coffee.

ItsOver

Quote from: Roswells, Art on October 25, 2015, 05:55:26 PM
I think someone needs a cup of coffee.

Hehehe.  I was thinking more like tea, with some dainty finger foods.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Catsmile on October 25, 2015, 05:08:37 PM
OOOPS!!!1 Missed one.
The word sucks can't be unseen, you're ruining it for the good posters of BallGrab.
My G rated standards must be kept, I'm precious. Such words and ideas shouldn't be used, in mixed company, you... you cyberbully. Seeing such bulling makes me mad, then I say bad things. Which might make someone not like me, or think less of my high standards. Do you know how many cutesy post I have to make, pretending to be my avatar; in a bid to seek attention, and curry favor from those I believe to be opposite sex around here? I mean the good posters. A single negative post by me could erase all of that, Sir. Losing face by tripping over my tail while white knighting is also a danger of seeing what the bad posters type around here.

<IGNORED!!>  >:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKoLlKmQSHU