• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Disabling BellGab's "Ignore User" Feature

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 23, 2015, 09:16:18 PM

Is it ok if we disable the "ignore user" feature?  Please?

Yes
No

paladin1991

Quote from: TigerLily on November 03, 2015, 01:58:26 PM
Hi MV and Gabsters.
I'm appealing to your loveable side. I don't "ignore" because of my delicate sensitivities, I love you guys raw.

*Gives Tigers Lily a a hard look*

pate

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on November 03, 2015, 09:17:52 PM

"... One awesome tiara to rule them all ..."

I'd quote the original Elvish *(or something) but the language is almost as cumbersome as Klingon...

here's a recorded sample of the Elvish, that doesn't quite communicate the idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rQEbQJx5Bo

He apparently wanted to jam with these guys after hearing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-21AtiWV3TE

the [possible] result of such an unholy collaboration are mystifying...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CO7FPU7a2g

What were we talking about, again?

TigerLily

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 04, 2015, 12:19:15 AM
*Gives Tigers Lily a a hard look*
Although marinated and slow cooked over an open flame is also tasty

Roswells, Art

MV
PLEASE, please for the love of all that is good and holy reinstate the ignore feature. I know you don't like when people announce they are ignoring someone so just disable that persons ignore feature. It would be effective and funny.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on February 27, 2016, 09:58:45 PM
You fuckers, how about showing a little support here. I know you're reading this.

For the love of god, MV, please restore the ignore function.  Then we can all get some goddamn peace and quiet for a change.

would love to have it back

will turn the adblock back to off when it comes back!

Roswells, Art

Quote from: FearBoysWithBugs on February 27, 2016, 10:04:01 PM
For the love of god, MV, please restore the ignore function.  Then we can all get some goddamn peace and quiet for a change.

Lol, good catch. Did i mention I was a big deleter?

Quote from: Roswells, Art on February 27, 2016, 10:24:13 PM
Lol, good catch. Did i mention I was a big deleter?

I have noticed that some of my posts were missing, mysteriously.  I never would have suspected you if you hadn't just admitted it.

pate

R,A I am a big proponent of the reverse-ignore feature.  Maybe it actually does this already and I am again showing my ignorance, but I think it would be nice if you put someone on your /ignore list, not only do you not see their posts they don't get to see yours either.

I think that would be cool, and none of the "you are ignoring this user, click to see post" type stuff that I have read about the feature should happen either.  I don't want to read "this user is ignoring you, click to see post," I'd just rather not see their posts at all.

I think what is going on here is that the /ignore feature now is an admin-only user ability, as it should be.  MV has inserted a line of code to the "Report post to Moderator" button that puts you on the Moderator's /ignore list.  I believe it was in the interests of simplicity and efficiency, as utilizing the feature in that manner streamlines the ability to properly manage the site.

Praise, MV!

Jackstar

I can still ignore you in my mind.

I am tired of the experiment. I am still not complaining, but I am now wholly in favor of re-enabling ignorance.

Anyone in disagreement with me, is welcome to report this post to the moderator ----->

pate

I understand when radar goes out in-flight the back-up equipment known as the "Mark 1 Eyeball" is brought online to take observations until the radar is repaired or safe landing is achieved.

My recommendation for all intar-tube pilots affected by the primary system failure of the On-board /Ignorance Device is to use an old-school Field Expedient Technology known as Drunken Stupor.

There are several drawbacks with the Drunken Stupor method;  loss of ability to effectively navigate the intar-tubes, slow response times, reduced grammar performance, Target Fixation anomalies &c.  Still, it was good enough for grandpa...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ5mwtYTlbc

Cheers!

Quote from: Jackstar on February 28, 2016, 12:11:33 AM
I can still ignore you in my mind.

I am tired of the experiment. I am still not complaining, but I am now wholly in favor of re-enabling ignorance.

Anyone in disagreement with me, is welcome to report this post to the moderator ----->

Thanks for the update, poopsie.  We all wait breathlessly for your next pronouncement.

Jackstar

Hey, just a thought. When you re-ignore the enable feature (BITCH, YOU ARE GONNA), could you make it so /ignored users do not show up in the Recent Posts function? I'm cool with not being able to /ignore threads, that shit is funny. Thanks in advance.

MARK MY WORDS, FUCKO

Jackstar

Quote from: FearBoysWithBugs on February 28, 2016, 12:39:33 AM
We all wait breathlessly for your next pronouncement.

Dude, you're still waiting for the other one to drop. No one cares.

cosmic hobo

Can we bring back the Ignore feature? I'm not militant about it like Jackie Boy but it would be nice.

Lilith

Bellgabbers want to use the ignore feature?  OH the Irony!  :o

zeebo

In a way it might be a good thing not having it.  Maybe it allows the shock-value posters an outlet so they don't go full bonkers.  They're obviously screaming for attention and maybe it's good we give it to them sometimes even if it's just to express our revulsion.  Bellgab, helping society.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: zeebo on May 04, 2016, 06:30:47 PM
In a way it might be a good thing not having it.  Maybe it allows the shock-value posters an outlet so they don't go full bonkers.  They're obviously screaming for attention and maybe it's good we give it to them sometimes even if it's just to express our revulsion.  Bellgab, helping society.

You two will be the first on my list if it ever gets reinstated.  ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 04, 2016, 06:42:33 PM
You two will be the first on my list if it ever gets reinstated.  ;)

You can have your coat back if you talk MV into it.

Gruntled

There are times I wish I could put myself on my ignore list.

cosmic hobo

Quote from: brig on May 04, 2016, 04:36:35 PM
Bellgabbers want to use the ignore feature?  OH the Irony!  :o

It's more to hide nonsense from posters like bobo than to shield myself from butthurt.

zeebo

Quote from: cosmic hobo on May 06, 2016, 10:34:43 PM
It's more to hide nonsense from posters like bobo than to shield myself from butthurt.

The only reason I ever used it is for those with a weird fetish for posting revolting pics.  I don't care about text, however vile or stupid - I can always blow past that.  But alot of shock-value pics one can't un-see, even if quick-scrolling past it.