• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151001 - Father Michael Maginot - Exorcism - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, October 01, 2015, 08:43:55 PM

pate

Quote from: Zenman on October 01, 2015, 10:47:49 PM
Pate, I distinctly remember Art once saying that the music was a lot better than the movie. I'm thinking it probably helps to be well under 30 to appreciate the movie.

I don't recall exactly how old I was when it came out (early teens?) but I recall making fun of the movie with my friends back then too...

ediot: 11 when it came out, but we must have made fun of it when it was played on OTA television in the next few years.

ChandlersDad

Blah, blah, blah.....tell us that old time religion, since we've only heard it a million times already.

JamesMcDonald

Meh.  The older I get the less I buy into the religious aspects around the concept of evil people and their evil actions.  The fact is we know more about mental health issues now than we probably ever have in history, so there's no excuse for sticking our heads in the religious sand and putting it all down to "demons" and "Satan".

First of all, there are far too many people taking SSRIs and other pharmaceutical drugs to maintain their mental faculties.  In MOST cases of mass shootings, hey, isn't that ironic?  The guy is on SSRIs!  At one point recently I listened to a doctor say that Prozac was being prescribed so often they may as well drop it out of helicopters into the streets.

Lots of money going into the Big Pharma accounts.  That's for sure.

ChandlersDad

Yeah, I am giving it maybe another half hour maximum. This guy has an unpleasant voice and is so tedious that I'd rather listen to the refrigerator hum.  Also, I love how the interview started with this loon saying "yes" to all Art's questions with no embellishment. Poor Art.

RoseGirl

Interesting take on the alien experience....makes sense as a culture myth now, doesn't it?

Weirdoradio

Quote from: ChandlersDad on October 01, 2015, 10:57:46 PM
Yeah, I am giving it maybe another half hour maximum. This guy has an unpleasant voice and is so tedious that I'd rather listen to the refrigerator hum.  Also, I love how the interview started with this loon saying "yes" to all Art's questions with no embellishment. Poor Art.

I'm of the same mindset.

Not a strong first night to start off with for all of those new affiliates to hear. Would have preferred Thursday night's show. Imagine how many more hubrids would hound the lines with the amount of people now listening tonight!

ChandlersDad

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on October 01, 2015, 10:56:16 PM
Meh.  The older I get the less I buy into the religious aspects around the concept of evil people and their evil actions.  The fact is we know more about mental health issues now than we probably ever have in history, so there's no excuse for sticking our heads in the religious sand and putting it all down to "demons" and "Satan".

First of all, there are far too many people taking SSRIs and other pharmaceutical drugs to maintain their mental faculties.  In MOST cases of mass shootings, hey, isn't that ironic?  The guy is on SSRIs!  At one point recently I listened to a doctor say that Prozac was being prescribed so often they may as well drop it out of helicopters into the streets.

Lots of money going into the Big Pharma accounts.  That's for sure.

I read an article recently that said that water filter systems do not take out drugs like Prozac. So every person using that water supply is getting a very mild dose of Prozac.

pate

Well, I find I can pick up the SW on my little portable radio, but only when running on batteries.  With the AC adapter plugged in it picks up something else entirely.

Didn't know the Pan flute music but

"Devil Went Down To Georgia" - Charlie Daniels

Zenman

Quote from: pate on October 01, 2015, 10:55:40 PM
I don't recall exactly how old I was when it came out (early teens?) but I recall making fun of the movie with my friends back then too...

ediot: 11 when it came out, but we must have made fun of it when it was played on OTA television in the next few years.

I know it helped to be Japanese, for some reason. Tom Cruse become like a god over there because of the movie. Half the population bought black flight jackets. Mira Mar Air Station became like a Mecca to Japanese tourists.

RoseGirl

I think much of the 'good evil' thing is just man's ego and inability to see what is really going on

Quote from: pate on October 01, 2015, 10:55:40 PM

Summer, 1986.  I was 17 and in the Canadian armed forces, basic officer's training, hoping to become a fighter pilot myself.  There was another of my section-mates hoping for the same thing, so there was some buzz about Top Gun.  I hadn't been able to see it yet, in fact I hadn't really even known about it, but the vibe reminded me of The Final Countdown from several years earlier which had made me want to become a pilot in the first place.  Well, I got myself out of the forces and watched the movie.  Meh.  I wasn't into all that human drama stuff.  Too much Tom Cruise.  Not enough cruising Tomcats.

ChandlersDad

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 01, 2015, 10:59:05 PM
I'm of the same mindset.

Not a strong first night to start off with for all of those new affiliates to hear. Would have preferred Thursday night's show. Imagine how many more hubrids would hound the lines with the amount of people now listening tonight!

People who never heard of Art Bell probably think he is a religious fanatic. Oh, God. Here goes Art with that old chestnut about John Lear and not going to the light. HOW MANY TIMES DO GUESTS HAVE TO TELL ART TO GO TO THE LIGHT!?!?! 

TigerLily

Gotta admit my master is the master of getting guests to open up. However the vaguely loveable complain when he wasn't talking, but now he's talking too much. Love you guys  :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: ChandlersDad on October 01, 2015, 11:00:38 PM
I read an article recently that said that water filter systems do not take out drugs like Prozac. So every person using that water supply is getting a very mild dose of Prozac.
Or eating freshwater fish

pate

I prefer hyoobrid. 

Reminds me of the Spathi referring to Humans as Hoonams in Star Control II (video game reference)

ChandlersDad

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 01, 2015, 11:01:30 PM
Summer, 1986.  I was 17 and in the Canadian armed forces, basic officer's training, hoping to be a pilot myself.  There was another of my section-mates hoping for the same thing, so there was some buzz about Top Gun.  I hadn't been able to see it yet, in fact I hadn't really even known about it, but the vibe reminded me of The Final Countdown from several years before which had made me want to become a pilot in the first place.  Well, I got myself out of the forces and watched the movie.  Meh.  I wasn't into all that human drama stuff.  Too much Tom Cruise.  Not enough cruising Tomcats.

Hey, I hope I am not bothering all you folks by actually using BellGab to talk about the actual program in progress?!?! >:(

norland2424

Quote from: TigerLily on October 01, 2015, 11:02:23 PM
Gotta admit my master is the master of getting guests to open up. However the vaguely loveable complain when he wasn't talking, but now he's talking too much. Love you guys  :)

satan ?  ;D