• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150923 - Tess Gerritsen - CANCELLED - Replay Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 23, 2015, 05:26:43 PM

starrmtn001

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 23, 2015, 10:42:42 PM
Rowland broke in at the beginning of the show, but it was muffled, I only half heard what he said.

I haz a sad.

TigerLily

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 23, 2015, 10:42:42 PM
Rowland broke in at the beginning of the show, but it was muffled, I only half heard what he said.
Maybe Art and Keith have been kidnapped and in Jaz's basement. Maybe all of Paulide's missing people are in Jaz's basement. Something is afoot

AppealPlay

Quote from: TigerLily on September 23, 2015, 10:46:47 PM
Maybe Art and Keith have been kidnapped and in Jaz's basement. Maybe all of Paulide's missing people are in Jaz's basement. Something is afoot

Maybe Art found one of the staircases he was on about.

gabrielle

With MV no doubt

Zenman

Quote from: chefist on September 23, 2015, 10:39:02 PM
I am a positive person by nature...but, this is a huge issue! you launch the XDS feed and almost immediately your show goes black! Come on!

I'm afraid I'm with you, Chef. Doesn't add up well.

Donald Noory

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 23, 2015, 10:46:28 PM
He said something about Art's internet is down, but then said something else that I couldn't make out.

I heard him say "Auntie Em it's a twister!" right before cut-off.

trostol

Quote from: sydtron on September 23, 2015, 10:46:13 PM
Guys, gals.  If the internets out. Its out. Ive had house power before and not had internet.  Big whoop. Art gets a night off. He deserves it.  Play some chess.  Write a song. Drink some beer. Smoke some hash. Mastubate.   He'll be here tomorrow and the day after that. And then Monday. Things happen.  Im watching the new Kieth Richards documentry.  Its FANTASTIC!!  Buck up gabbers!! :D ALL IS NOT LOST!! 

Btw. If you find him on the HAM bands. Let us know. :)

Donald Noory

Art should get Marianne Faithfull on the show to discuss Mars Bars.

Dyna-X

Something like that. Or a big UFO like the Phoenix Lights has gone over Pahrump and knocked out all the power.

Uncle Duke

Of course, we'll always have Jaz to blame.

Do they have "basements" in Oz?

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Sean92008 on September 23, 2015, 10:31:56 PM
It's a little more complex.  Many TV stations use what is called "The Brick," it is a 4G LTE interface with no lag time and two-way streaming so that people can talk to each other without long delays.  I guess Pahrump doesn't have fiber or 4G LTE service there.
What about having a hardwire internet connection with a secondary back up and on top of that a satellite internet service and generators. If it was me, I 'd have redundance over redundancy.  For a guy like Art who is so picky about getting this so perfect, it makes you wonder. I know very little about all this stuff, but I  would certainly get the best in the biz and check and recheck what ever they say to be sure, (just not take their word) it's  all good. Uou think Art is being ill advised, like don't worry that could never happen we got it all covered ? Oh well, very disappointing and seemingly somewhat foolish.
Even if and when the reason comes later the delay is not going to bod well with the fans, the current customers and potential clients. I so hate to say this, but hope in our little world someone, Keith, Redacted...takes what we are saying to heart because we all want only the very best for Art but this does not look good, not professional at all.

TigerLily

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 23, 2015, 10:51:31 PM
Of course, we'll always have Jaz to blame.

Do they have "basements" in Oz?
Ninjas on Art's roof blocking the signal with giant mirrors?

WOTR

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 23, 2015, 10:05:04 PM
I thought Keith said it was an internet outage, not power?

This isn't good for the show at a time when he's shopping it to PDs across America.  They need a backup plan for stuff like this in the future.
Iv'e read a few comments like this.  However, I listen to most talk stations have "the best of".  Sometimes the weekends, sometimes later night.  A replay occasionally is not the end of the world. Not ideal- but my world is still continuing.

Besides, this was a great show.

Dyna-X

Pahrump Live Cam, the town as a whole seems to have power.

Donald Noory

Quote from: norland2424 on September 23, 2015, 10:53:34 PM
just got here, why is there an old show playing?

Art's in hiding because today is the end of the world.

aldousburbank

I have been too busy dangling participles in the waters of alternative realities to listen for a couple of weeks now and you're telling me MITD is MIA? Why universe?

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: gabrielle on September 23, 2015, 10:47:42 PM
With MV no doubt

OK Jazz we know you have something to do with this, just come clean...now! It will be better for you in the end.