• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150910 - David Pares - Warp Drive - Live Show Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 10, 2015, 07:37:02 PM

pumaman

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 13, 2015, 08:32:29 PM
You hold a doctorate in physics and you're from Pahrump?  How is it you are not on Art's show?
For what purpose.  I have never invented any impossible new spaceship, never seen a ufo, or bigfoot or travelled in time.  And when i describe my professional activity most normal folks are lost or asleep in minutes.

Wintermute

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on September 11, 2015, 08:13:51 PM
Haven't heard the show yet...are you saying he was not properly vetted and is a kook, a fraurd or just out there way off his gield of knowledge?  Is it worth listening to, or just hold off rltill a rainy day to catch up? Either way, I am sure Art did a good job , so I  always have that to look forward to.

I would definitely say David wasn't vetted very well. But I would also firmly state that very few of Art's guests are. If they were really vetted, he wouldn't have much of a pool to draw guests from. And his show wouldn't have moments of hilarity.

Quote from: pumaman on September 14, 2015, 05:22:58 AM
For what purpose.  I have never invented any impossible new spaceship, never seen a ufo, or bigfoot or travelled in time.  And when i describe my professional activity most normal folks are lost or asleep in minutes.

There is just so much abuse of science by guests who want to push their own particular agenda.  I'd much prefer to listen to a real scientist give the low down on the Alcubierre drive than to have someone mislead me into believing it's going to be the saviour of mankind, or tell me when and where quantum mechanics is applicable rather than hear someone tell me I can use it to manifest my personal wishes.  Perhaps I'm in the minority though.

Then again, I understand if such things are not your particular specialty, you may not feel it is professionally ethical to speak on those subjects.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 14, 2015, 12:52:24 PM
There is just so much abuse of science by guests who want to push their own particular agenda.  I'd much prefer to listen to a real scientist give the low down on the Alcubierre drive than to have someone mislead me into believing it's going to be the saviour of mankind, or tell me when and where quantum mechanics is applicable rather than hear someone tell me I can use it to manifest my personal wishes.  Perhaps I'm in the minority though.

Then again, I understand if such things are not your particular specialty, you may not feel it is professionally ethical to speak on those subjects.

There is just so much abuse of science by guests who want to push their own particular agenda.

Perfectly stated.  Intelligent and direct.  And so true.

pumaman

Dear Georgie for president,

I agree with your philosophy entirely and completely.

But, now to your questions.  Am I comfortable going out of my area?  Short answer, no.  Long answer: My professional and expert analysis  is in Solid state physics, crystal structure, quantum mechanics, electro-magnetism, magnetic materials, optical materials, transmission line theory, Fourier Transform signal analysis, and  antenna design.  But, I have enough physics and math fundamentals to discuss and argue almost any physics problem at least at a laymans level. So in summary, any physics or electrical engineering topic for me is pretty easy.

Second question.  Going on air.  My biggest problems with being a guest on Bell's show are (1)  my own admittedly intense shyness, and, (2) my discomfort at a potentially  controntation with some of his guests, especially vis a vis (3) a potential disruption of Bell's business model. 

Best regards,

Dr. Brinton Corb
Pahrump, Nevada

PS to Mr. Bell (if you are reading this), Your high potential "problem"  on your 5 acre loop is really a natural consequence of your well designed antenna.

I drove down to your place on south of town (I am by 372 btw)  and checked out your antenna system.   I am not surprised that this loop produced 50 plus volts plus and thus burning out all of your preamps and no doubt expensive receiver equipment.

This is actually just Faraday's law in action:

curl E=-dB/dt.

Your loop SHOULD generate a large potential; given the incredible array of radio wave, cosmic radiation, unshielded electric motor, switch mode power supply, generator, or any other radiating EM source,  and especially any synthesized  signal (square or triangle waves)  is going to produce a potential across your loop. 

Ironically, that also includes your own operations.  Your 20 meter will be sucked up into this loop.

I understand from your show, that you have buried an aluminum mesh ground all around and directly underneath the 5 acre loop?   That is a great idea.  The dB response of a loop or dipole is massively increased with a well defined ground plane.  Also, I understand that you tied the mesh it to two 150 foot wells.  That is also a great idea (almost).   The caliche we have here in pahrump is highly resistive.  A proper ground should be down to the water table.  However, you might have created a ground loop.  You only want ONE tie to ONE well.

pumaman

Post script.

Last month, Bell had a show with an unnamed controversial and highly spectacular Flat earth theorist, who was arguing with Professor Dr. Josh Grindlay, of Harvard University.

This was a great model for a live argument on radio.  It seems to me, that when Bell has a show with anybody who is a progenitor of any controversial and spectacular theory, that Bell should also include at least one sound  peer accepted individual to provide critical and scientific analysis to challenge the aforesaid spectacular theory.

inuk2600

Quote from: pumaman on September 14, 2015, 08:44:47 PM

PS to Mr. Bell (if you are reading this), Your high potential "problem"  on your 5 acre loop is really a natural consequence of your well designed antenna.

I drove down to your place on south of town (I am by 372 btw)  and checked out your antenna system.   I am not surprised that this loop produced 50 plus volts plus and thus burning out all of your preamps and no doubt expensive receiver equipment.

This is actually just Faraday's law in action:

curl E=-dB/dt.

Your loop SHOULD generate a large potential; given the incredible array of radio wave, cosmic radiation, unshielded electric motor, switch mode power supply, generator, or any other radiating EM source,  and especially any synthesized  signal (square or triangle waves)  is going to produce a potential across your loop. 

Ironically, that also includes your own operations.  Your 20 meter will be sucked up into this loop.

I understand from your show, that you have buried an aluminum mesh ground all around and directly underneath the 5 acre loop?   That is a great idea.  The dB response of a loop or dipole is massively increased with a well defined ground plane.  Also, I understand that you tied the mesh it to two 150 foot wells.  That is also a great idea (almost).   The caliche we have here in pahrump is highly resistive.  A proper ground should be down to the water table.  However, you might have created a ground loop.  You only want ONE tie to ONE well.

This is great info, you should PM it to Art so he doesn't miss it.