• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150910 - David Pares - Warp Drive - Live Show Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 10, 2015, 07:37:02 PM

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 10, 2015, 11:37:11 PM
Yeah, I liked it early on, but it sort of ran into the same problems that the Simpson's did. It eventually went stale and wasn't as good.

Haha, I was just quoting Fry who said that about Hypnotoad.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 10, 2015, 11:37:36 PM
I don't know but I want this guest on Art NOW. That sounds like it'd be absolutely hilarious off the wall show!

lol

true, that

norland2424

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 10, 2015, 11:36:58 PM
Is that the Sat. view of the Middle East dust storm?

its  from 2001 so i guess it is a common site from space

Tnfoil4brains

Quote from: sydtron on September 10, 2015, 11:21:11 PM
https://youtu.be/9c9wc3viswc

LOL at 7:35
I like pretty colours and text boxy looking things. I threw up a little bit in my mouth reading it. Walt Disney vomit.

Sean92008

This is the type of show that I wish I had a geek-chick wannabe who enjoys science pillow talk...  or a dim girl that likes to cuddle.

Roswells, Art

Wow, Fractal Technology?! Is that a thing? I hope that's a thing.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 10, 2015, 11:37:49 PM
Haha, I was just quoting Fry who said that about Hypnotoad.

Well that too. I believe there is a 10 hour video on youtube of the hypnotoad. After about 3 hours, I start yawning.

ShayP

Quote from: Sean92008 on September 10, 2015, 11:42:06 PM
This is the type of show that I wish I had a geek-chick wannabe who enjoys science pillow talk...  or a dim girl that likes to cuddle.

You and me both!

albrecht

Quote from: Pixel Ghost on September 10, 2015, 11:37:16 PM
He's no Einstein.

And I worked for 22 years with PhDs in research labs and who were tenure track, full professors, not contract teachers.

And none of them were "morons".  That's reserved for drunk & stoned forum posters.
True, though a hell of a lot of them use "students" and "post-grads" to do their research to get their chairs, grants, etc. And consulting with companies who, wow how did that happen, fund them or when emeritus get some school, scholarships, or building after them. I'm not saying it is corrupt totally but there is way too much pressure in legitimate programs. (I won't go into why certain schools even exist much less get public funding but in legit stuff, there still is lots of politics, aside from usual system stuff but for grants, programs, research, etc.)

norland2424

Quote from: Sean92008 on September 10, 2015, 11:42:06 PM

id settle for a high end hooker

Juan Cena

I think Dave would have gone to open lines or called Lionel up to tell him bedtime stories by this point of the interview.

It always helps when the interviewer is technologically curious like Art.

trostol

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 10, 2015, 11:52:33 PM
I think Dave would have gone to open lines or called Lionel up to tell him bedtime stories by this point of the interview.

It always helps when the interviewer is technologically curious like Art.

i think Dave's lil brain would have melted by now

Lots of different names for tech that seems about to break out, lots of competition it seems and variables, lots of groups vying to get there first.

QuoteDiametric drive
Pitch drive & bias drive
Disjunction drive
Alcubierre drive (a form of warp drive)
Differential sail
Wormholes â€" theoretically possible, but unachieveable in practice with current technology
Woodward effect
Reactionless drives â€" breaks the law of conservation of momentum; theoretically impossible
Photon rocket
Bussard ramjet
A "hyperspace" drive based upon Heim theory
Micronewton electromagnetic thruster - Linear momentum loss has been claimed for an electromagnetically powered thruster[2

Art

Hey, what are those eggheads at Princeton & Harvard doing while this adjunct professor at the nation's 158th best college is creating warp drive engines in his very limited spare time?

Quote from: Art Crow on September 11, 2015, 12:00:21 AM
Hey, what are those eggheads at Princeton & Harvard doing while this adjunct professor at the nation's 158th best college is creating warp drive engines in his very limited spare time?

They maybe busy creating "safe spaces"  ;D ;D ;D ;D

pate

Late to the party as usual, I think I heard before the commercial break that there was some amazing breakthrough last week?  AND further that these breakthroughs frequently happen on this weekly basis?

If I heard correctly is there a sort of codicil or parallel to Moore's Law going on with the Warp Techonology?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore%27s_law

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzRBtToSarE