• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How the next Republican debate will go

Started by 136 or 142, September 01, 2015, 06:18:18 AM

136 or 142

Sorry Albrecht, I still haven't gotten around to the list of Republican candidate corruption I promised. I haven't forgotten and I will do it , but at this point, I'm not really sure there's much point. Trump - winning!

Anyway, this is how I think the Republican debate would go if they were asked if they wanted to kill the Taliban.  I first wrote this on IRC, hence the comment style.

<Taliban Ted> I want to kill the people who I agree with on everything!

<Dr. Carson> I don't want to kill them, I just want to make sure they are tithing at the proper amount!

<Rick Perry> I forget who the Taliban are.  Oops.

<Scott Walker> We don't need to kill them, we just need to put up a wall between us and them!

<Jeb Bush> We can't allow them to die. Their husband is lying that they are in a persistent vegetative state!
<Jeb Bush> Of course, if the Taliban don't have their own private insurance, but rely on Obamacare, then they should die quickly!

<Mike Huckabee> Since they're not Chistians, I want to kill them, but first I want them to buy my products. Of course, if they convert to Christianty, I'll immediately pardon them even if they don't renounce killing.

<Carly Failureina> I want them all dead. They were the real reason I was fired from H.P.  I was actually the best CEO of all time! It's all the Taliban's fault, and Hillary's!

<The Donald> Kill the Taliban? That's too easy.  I could kill all of them personally with my own bare hands!

<Marco Rubio> I was against killing the Taliban before I was for it!

<Bobby Jindal>
Oh wait, nobody cares what Bobby Jindal has to say.

albrecht

Personally I enjoyed Walker, usually a more rational guy, trying to "up" the anti-illegal immigrant campaign and gain headlines by clamoring for a "wall" with Canada. Desperation to stay in the headlines. It is quite amusing to see how Trump is shaking things up.

136 or 142

I think his comments on the wall with Canada were more based on the false belief that some of the September 11 terrorists came into the United States from Canada than anything to do with stopping illegal immigration from Canada to the U.S.

As often as Walker has made stupid comments, I highly doubt he's that stupid.  Of course, I realize there is a theoretical possibility for people to fly into Canada and then cross the still somewhat 'longest undefended border in the world' to the United States.

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 01, 2015, 08:00:48 AM
I think his comments on the wall with Canada were more based on the false belief that some of the September 11 terrorists came into the United States from Canada than anything to do with stopping illegal immigration from Canada to the U.S.

As often as Walker has made stupid comments, I highly doubt he's that stupid.  Of course, I realize there is a theoretical possibility for people to fly into Canada and then cross the still somewhat 'longest undefended border in the world' to the United States.
There is always a threat of something. I assume, I could be wrong, that Canada checks incoming people on planes, especially from certain countries and countries in which a VISA is needed. I haven't been and the last time I went the only questions I got driving in was if I had cigarettes or tobacco products and don't recall any check coming back into the US except cursory check my DL but now I think you need a passport. The southern border is the one, at least currently, where the hordes are coming over from all kinds of countries and is the problem.

Well, we do get boatloads of Asian refuges showing up on Canadian shores, who are then trafficked in tunnels under the border in exchange for free and easy American guns and drugs being brought up from Mexico.  Canada is the gateway to North America.  Everyone coming from Europe or the Asia Pacific has to pass by its borders.  I say turn America into an armed camp!  Put up a wall all the way around, lock the gate, and throw away the key.  After all, a simple border wall could be easily defeated by smuggling via boat through the islands of the Salish Sea and into rural areas along the Puget Sound.  And what about the tunnels?  We need a mined no-man's land, a quarter mile each side.  That'll keep America safe.  And bonus, it should help when it's time to collect everyone into FEMA camps as well.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 01, 2015, 11:54:28 AM
Well, we do get boatloads of Asian refuges showing up on Canadian shores, who are then trafficked in tunnels under the border in exchange for free and easy American guns and drugs being brought up from Mexico.  Canada is the gateway to North America.  Everyone coming from Europe or the Asia Pacific has to pass by its borders.  I say turn America into an armed camp!  Put up a wall all the way around, lock the gate, and throw away the key.  After all, a simple border wall could be easily defeated by smuggling via boat through the islands of the Salish Sea and into rural areas along the Puget Sound.  And what about the tunnels?  We need a mined no-man's land, a quarter mile each side.  That'll keep America safe.  And bonus, it should help when it's time to collect everyone into FEMA camps as well.
I'm all for Fortress America, or even better strategically, Fortress North America and include Canada in the plan, actually, instead of using our troops to defend other border and fight other people's wars, or wars for shipping lanes and private companies- let them use private contractors or hire out foreign troops. Use our troops to defend our ports, borders, fishing and shipping lanes, our Arctic resources, or fight any enemy who attacks us here (though the deterrence of nukes should prohibit a national actor doing that.) Walls are expensive and can be breached. A much easier, and cheaper, option are land-mines. Proven very effective in battle and in defending borders in other areas. With modern technology they could even be "smart" so as to limit damage to wildlife and even move around on occasion. And be linked into our system where we could monitor, turn off, (or turn on) based on imaging and other data if illegals, foreign troops, or other criminals are near and so "clear paths" wouldn't be harder to identify. Money, of course, would be spent on an advertising campaign and signage in several languages (and universal symbolic stick-figures) to avoid honest people, desperate migrants, ranchers, hunters, etc from stumbling into the mine-field.) There would still be collateral damage but probably not to the level of death already seen in the illegal human trafficking and narcotics trade. As for tunnels we have sensitive seismic equipment used in oil fields, monitoring earthquakes, etc that could be deployed to identify digging.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 01, 2015, 12:12:34 PM
One up'd again   :'(.
;)
Really I think the solution to a part of the problem is on the domestic side (severe civil and criminal penalties for businesses, individuals, government institutions, or charities hiring, harboring, or helping an illegal alien) and a legal immigration (and temporary work VISA) policy with the country's, not the illegal's or a business's per se, needs as first priority. And, somehow, encouraging those countries to "get their act together" so people don't want to flee. But these measures would not help in the even more criminal aspect (cartels, gangs, foreign actors, terrorists, or really desperate refugees. That's where landmines would be effective (again "smart" mines and big campaign to lessen deaths and damage to wildlife as much as possible.)

Quote from: albrecht on September 01, 2015, 12:21:46 PM
;)
Really I think the solution to a part of the problem is on the domestic side (severe civil and criminal penalties for businesses, individuals, government institutions, or charities hiring, harboring, or helping an illegal alien) and a legal immigration (and temporary work VISA) policy with the country's, not the illegal's or a business's per se, needs as first priority. And, somehow, encouraging those countries to "get their act together" so people don't want to flee. But these measures would not help in the even more criminal aspect (cartels, gangs, foreign actors, terrorists, or really desperate refugees. That's where landmines would be effective (again "smart" mines and big campaign to lessen deaths and damage to wildlife as much as possible.)

I actually do agree with the first part.  Deterrents have to be significant and consistent in order to prevent businesses and individuals from taking advantage of the situation.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 01, 2015, 11:54:28 AM

It would also help if you Canadians weren't so gosh darned friendly and polite, GFP.  Instead of letting just about anyone in and treating them to first rate hospitality, you really need to be a little more selective when it comes to the type of riffraff you allow across your porous border.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 01, 2015, 12:59:34 PM
It would also help if you Canadians weren't so gosh darned friendly and polite, GFP.  Instead of letting just about anyone in and treating them to first rate hospitality, you really need to be a little more selective when it comes to the type of riffraff you allow across your porous border.

Once you get to know the riffraff they're a great bunch of guys and girls though.  Sometimes Canada even gets a free lunch out of it  :D.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 01, 2015, 01:13:30 PM
Once you get to know the riffraff they're a great bunch of guys and girls though.  Sometimes Canada even gets a free lunch out of it  :D.

Free lunches are just a way to get your trust so we can drain your vast underground pools of maple syrup while your guard is down. After that, the Plebeians are going to move in and steal all your pine cones.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 01, 2015, 01:49:40 PM
Free lunches are just a way to get your trust so we can drain your vast underground pools of maple syrup while your guard is down. After that, the Plebeians are going to move in and steal all your pine cones.

I never did trust that Billy Meier.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 01, 2015, 05:35:00 PM
I never did trust that Billy Meier.
What you Canadians need to be worried about is the ‛Ndrangheta etc or, worse the Chinese, making knock-off Maple Syrup and fake Canadian timber. I already have some meth-heads back in my woods creating some fake tar-sand oil using busted up pieces of tarmac from an old airport and their meth cookers. You have problems soon my friend!

Quote from: albrecht on September 01, 2015, 05:39:30 PM
What you Canadians need to be worried about is the ‛Ndrangheta etc or, worse the Chinese, making knock-off Maple Syrup and fake Canadian timber. I already have some meth-heads back in my woods creating some fake tar-sand oil using busted up pieces of tarmac from an old airport and their meth cookers. You have problems soon my friend!

Sounds pretty miserable.  Sorry to hear that.

albrecht

Drinking game: Take a drink every time you hear the name Reagan. Hell, even the commercial by the illegal alien advocacy group cited Reagan and the debate hasn't started! Fortunately for me I have some baseball to watch instead.

Quote from: albrecht on September 16, 2015, 06:19:44 PM
Drinking game: Take a drink every time you hear the name Reagan. Hell, even the commercial by the illegal alien advocacy group cited Reagan and the debate hasn't started! Fortunately for me I have some baseball to watch instead.

;D ;D ;D ;D I tuned in for about 90 seconds and I heard "Reagan" three times.

I came away with four conclusions from watching for 90 seconds.

1. Mike Huckabee might be genuinely retarded. This isn't a joke but a real concern.

2. Republicans are completely pussy whipped. Every joke was about how the male candidates had no dick and it belongs to their wife. Disgusting.

3. I hope the Republicans run Ben Carson. He's complete poison but it would be hilarious to reveal just how racist liberals really are. He will be labeled an Uncle Tom and vilified bringing out the real racial bullshit the left thrives on.

4. The Trump shine has about warn off. He didn't have that awesome invincibility he had for the first few months.

bateman

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 16, 2015, 09:13:13 PM
3. I hope the Republicans run Ben Carson. He's complete poison but it would be hilarious to reveal just how racist liberals really are. He will be labeled an Uncle Tom and vilified bringing out the real racial bullshit the left thrives on.

This is delicious. Yes.

Eddie Coyle

I wouldn't be shocked if Romney jumps in by year's end.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 16, 2015, 09:24:51 PM
    I wouldn't be shocked if Romney jumps in by year's end.

Yikes, it seems ever since Clinton got a blowjob the Republicans have turned into the Simpsons' parody of themselves.

chefist

Honestly there are just too many of them....it made for a diluted exchange of policies...hopefully more will bow out very soon...

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 16, 2015, 09:34:42 PM
Yikes, it seems ever since Clinton got a blowjob the Republicans have turned into the Simpsons' parody of themselves.

Predictive Programming at work, I can see several in that Simpsons- at first glance, besides the obvious members of the cabal: Carson and Cheney stand out. One of my favorite episodes though. In defense, though I no longer register as such, at least the Republicans have debates! Democrats won't even do so and their media doesn't even seem to mind. Bizarre. And, to their detriment, the Republicans can actual diversity (of people also but, more importantly, of opinion and voting blocs) and won't just back a single candidate in lock-step. (This is not a good strategy to win national elections however.)

The thing that blew my mind is just how weak the candidates were coming across as. They were coming across like confused liberals with how they were kowtowing to liberal talking points yet they don't bring the benefits of modern liberalism.

I like this Carly chick. I thought she sounded like the only sane one on stage. If I was Mr. Burns, I would run Ben Carson this election to troll liberals and completely divide them on race issues while illustrating how fucking crazy the left has become. Then in four years, I would run Carly to win it.

I still seriously doubt this country could handle a female president though. For all it's feminist bullshit, there just aren't enough white guilt ridden beta males to push a woman into the Presidency.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 16, 2015, 09:53:29 PM
The thing that blew my mind is just how weak the candidates were coming across as. They were coming across like confused liberals with how they were kowtowing to liberal talking points yet they don't bring the benefits of modern liberalism.

I like this Carly chick. I thought she sounded like the only sane one on stage. If I was Mr. Burns, I would run Ben Carson this election to troll liberals and completely divide them on race issues while illustrating how fucking crazy the left has become. Then in four years, I would run Carly to win it.

I still seriously doubt this country could handle a female president though. For all it's feminist bullshit, there just aren't enough white guilt ridden beta males to push a woman into the Presidency.

I love conservatives wading in with " liberals are the real racists" bullshit.  Wholly unfounded and one of the weakest obfuscation in the porous bag of crap conservatives call their "philosophy".
Dr. Carson did a good job keeping what no one else did tonight: his composure.
The wags are trying to give this to Fiorina but she needs to gain some of Dr Carson' s composure because self righteous rage quickly turns self serving. See: Huckabee,  Mike.

onan

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 16, 2015, 10:18:11 PM

http://poorrichardsnews.com/post/45564804140/tolerant-liberals-dr-ben-carson-is-a-stupid

I used to be a liberal until I realized they're just as stupid and even more hypocritical than conservatives. Now I think everyone is crazy.

Although, I too have been known to paste several links to bolster my point, I have learned that very few click on all of them.

I only clicked the last one, the one I didn't delete while quoting you.

This is this kind of "if it's on the internet, it must be true" stuff that is the equivalent of throwing shit on the wall. No matter how wrong it is, the stink never really goes away.

The only people that believe MLK was a conservative are his "wanna be a celebrity" crazy niece Alveda and "gotta be right. no matter the facts" zealots.

MLK chose not to side with Democrats or Republicans.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/213435/7-big-lies-conservatives-want-you-to-believe-about-martin-luther-king-jr/

Choosing an ideology and then being disappointed because it became dogma isn't just a liberal experience.

Trump is untouchable. I have never seen anything like it. This is new territory. It doesn`t matter a bit what Trump says or does, he just keeps rising in the polls. Fascinating!

P.S. I`m still a Carly fan...as well as Doc Carson.

onan

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 17, 2015, 08:18:04 AM
Trump is untouchable. I have never seen anything like it. This is new territory. It doesn`t matter a bit what Trump says or does, he just keeps rising in the polls. Fascinating!

I agree, it is funny as hell to see everything being lobbed at him and he just seems to not be there when the stuff lands.

I could consider Carson, but as I have posted before, he is going to have to change his position on guns and city living. I actually like his thoughts on that subject but the NRA will eat his lunch.

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 16, 2015, 10:18:11 PM

I used to be a liberal until I realized they're just as stupid and even more hypocritical than conservatives. Now I think everyone is crazy.

BINGO! LOL

Also, I'm going to analyse the questions that CNN throws at the Dems as compared to the Reps...and, will they have the "fact checking" tab next to their streaming media at the Dem debate...

CNN's first Hillary question, "Why are you so wonderful?"... ;D

SredniVashtar

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 17, 2015, 08:18:04 AM

I have more chance of becoming President than Trump. It's one thing enjoying it as a circus act, but people have a tendency to change their minds when they actually have to vote on something. That's why opinion polls are so useless; they give the TV people something to witter on about but it actually means nothing. It's Lombard Street to a china orange that he'll back out before any serious decision is taken anyway. The man's about as much use a chocolate fireguard, and he knows it.