• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150831 - David Darling - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 31, 2015, 09:58:29 PM

jneilschulman

Quote from: coaster on September 03, 2015, 04:12:25 PM
Consider taking your meds. If you have a book that's not about politics, I'd be willing to give it a read.

PDF editions okay? Email me and I'll give you free reviewer links.

jneil [at] pulpless.com

coaster

Btw, there are some great indie films that have very small budgets. Don't blame a budget for a lackluster film.

coaster

Quote from: jneilschulman on September 03, 2015, 04:18:47 PM
PDF editions okay? Email me and I'll give you free reviewer links.

jneil [at] pulpless.com
Done and done.

jneilschulman

Quote from: coaster on September 03, 2015, 04:20:44 PM
Btw, there are some great indie films that have very small budgets. Don't blame a budget for a lackluster film.

El Mariachi
Clerks
Napoleon Dynamite
Rubber
The Man from Earth
Paranormal Activity

Should Alongside Night be on this list?

IMDB External Reviews: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1667061/externalreviews

Chronaut

Quote from: pate on September 03, 2015, 03:32:56 AM
I only read books that have Fabio as the cover model.
Just for you pate ;

Quote from: maureen on September 03, 2015, 01:47:51 PM
Chronaut, it is a joy to read such well-crafted eloquence in your posts! Thank you!
That’s a very kind thing to say, thank you Maureen!

Quote from: coaster on September 03, 2015, 04:20:44 PM
Primer â€" a brilliant and original film (anyone who loves Art Bell’s favorite subject will almost certainly love this one), created for $7K:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/

coaster

I'd be willing to give Alongside Night a view, but of course if I had anything negative to say about it, I'd be labeled an anonymous troll. So whats the point.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: coaster on September 03, 2015, 05:00:56 PM
I'd be willing to give Alongside Night a view, but of course if I had anything negative to say about it, I'd be labeled an anonymous troll. So whats the point.

That and you'd have to (in theory) purchase the film, thereby giving the guy money in order to enter into a debate about his work. So by transacting with him, he already wins. Hucksterism at its best.

nbirnes

Quote from: albrecht on September 03, 2015, 03:54:31 PM
Great, so bitching lost another advertiser. Who cares if the movie was good or bad? Advertisers, and Time Travelers, (I don't know the costs to advertise or the numbers/breakdown) keep the show alive people. If you don't like the products advertised simply don't buy, or in this case watch, them.

Maybe find new advertisers in new markets that might be sympatico, like boingboing.net?  I think Art's independent show would fit right in, somewhere ... somehow. Anyone here any good at boingboing?

Kolchak

Quote from: jneilschulman on September 03, 2015, 04:30:54 PM
El Mariachi
Clerks
Napoleon Dynamite
Rubber
The Man from Earth
Paranormal Activity

Should Alongside Night be on this list?

No.

jneilschulman

Quote from: coaster on September 03, 2015, 05:00:56 PM

I could take care of that, too, once I have an email from you. Physical address needed also if you want the Alongside Night Blu-ray/DVD combo pack shipped to you as a review copy.

Auslandia

Quote from: albrecht on September 03, 2015, 03:54:31 PM
Great, so bitching lost another advertiser. Who cares if the movie was good or bad? Advertisers, and Time Travelers, (I don't know the costs to advertise or the numbers/breakdown) keep the show alive people. If you don't like the products advertised simply don't buy, or in this case watch, them.

I mean, we make fun of Arctic Chaga too but they seem to be plugging right along.

coaster

Quote from: jneilschulman on September 03, 2015, 05:22:01 PM
I could take care of that, too, once I have an email from you. Physical address needed also if you want the Alongside Night Blu-ray/DVD combo pack shipped to you as a review copy.
Get Busey to sign it. Or Sorbo. I'm not picky.

Auslandia

I just clicked on the imdb page for Alongside Night and had fun reading the banter on the message boards.  Looks like this guy actually trolls his critics.  I thought it was a special Bellgab honor but it looks more like a strategy.

pate

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 31, 2015, 11:16:43 PM
I asked RCH about why aliens didn't terraform the Moon. He said its gravity wouldn't allow for an atmosphere. Then I asked why they didn't give the Moon artificial gravity to maintain an atmosphere. He backtracked and said they wouldn't want an atmosphere to interfere with their view of the Earth.

{rem:Bless the Bellgabâ,,¢Â® Search(spoonstirred by AddCents®, broughten by Goggleâ,,¢) (&)function,keyword="'terraform"' of all irrelevant returns only Mr. Spock would find this spot to put a citation for the related appendices (duodeca or hexdeca?)...}

Perhaps a new thread about Terraforming is in order? 

Non-specifically, I have a Random thought to be sent to the memory-hole that I stumbl'd upon while weeding the garden yesteryear/day that a hobo thinking out-lawd parked his butt in the lot that abuts in a westerly fashion mine.  If that makes cents.  I digrease.

I was thinking of terraforming Mars and not the Moon, although I breachly touched the Moon idear, but ultimately rejected on the RCH apotheosis(a:greed).

Crabgrass was the nuke-yew-loss of the ide'e , and the hobo stream-of-consciousness only added to the joi de vie in a compleat Lee momentary and reasonablee mental way with the Wild West addition of the Tumbleweed.

To put it short I imagined myself to me a somewhat 'tarded/-traded Martion "colonist"(reed:farmhand) that had to pack a small bag of very specific & non-specific items.  One of which were to be seeds {weight in grams of no more than 5}.  I also threw in the mental challenge that these seeds needs must be of a variety that the planners in their infinite wisdom might have forgotten.

The first dedrater, looking to his livelihood, settles upon crabgrass seeds; as they are ubiquitous.  He always finds tiny seedlings on Earf that he must pluck out and discard, and he knows that the roots are deep like dandelion (dandy-lion, his first choice, seems already to be present in the Martian seed-bank, alas) and the plant itself is strong like bull.  A sort or retard-strength that is readily identifiable to our anti-hero.

The second dredraider (nominally appeller Coleen) is being/has-Ben chosen to go to the Martian paradise to fill in the shoes of a recently vacated minor functionary official-dumb Terror-forming advisory-role who is a member of the social media sub-group fascinated with the original Star Trek telly-tubby vision.  He/she uses the handle "Herbert"/Coleen thinks a Tumbleweed would be an excellent addition to the MaR'train ecology 'speshully since in the many Wild West themed episodes of his/her hobby-horse they were either under-represented or not present, (can't recall or Mandela?).

This dichotomy or retardation may or may not result in severe mental deficiency for any story-tellers or yarn-pullers, yawn...  Where was I?

Oh yeah, there is this great bit at the end of the episode where you hear Captain Kirk verbally kicking ass and talking about retardation(I quote indirectly) in the episode "The Cloud Minders".

I grow weary of the communist-nation, EndTrans

ediot:  this post has been attempted withorwithout the help of the UniTranslatteâ,,¢ device, apogees for misnounverstandigit(sp?)

toWit-iot:  I plum dun(e) FUR goat the quintessential point of the post, um hold on/stnd-b1...

ThreaDiot:  BIOMASS!, urea member'd!

chefist

How did I ever miss this thread? It's like finding an old rock song that's amazing...thank you!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: chefist on February 12, 2019, 09:23:10 PM
How did I ever miss this thread? It's like finding an old rock song that's amazing...thank you!

Who is David Darling? ???

Metron2267

Quote from: chefist on February 12, 2019, 10:28:07 PM
No idea...but jns was posting...ah, fun times

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/A/Area51.html

http://www.daviddarling.info/about.html

I've also run this website, The Worlds of David Darling, since 1999. It's grown now to around 14,000 pages, several million words, and includes the Encyclopedia of Science, the Encyclopedia of Alternative Energy and Sustainable Living, the Encyclopedia of History, the Encyclopedia of Music, and the Children's Encyclopedia of Science. Over the years it has had tens of millions of visitors and contributed some of the original content to the science pages of Wikipedia.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on February 17, 2019, 04:52:07 PM

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/A/Area51.html

http://www.daviddarling.info/about.html

I've also run this website, The Worlds of David Darling, since 1999. It's grown now to around 14,000 pages, several million words, and includes the Encyclopedia of Science, the Encyclopedia of Alternative Energy and Sustainable Living, the Encyclopedia of History, the Encyclopedia of Music, and the Children's Encyclopedia of Science. Over the years it has had tens of millions of visitors and contributed some of the original content to the science pages of Wikipedia.

Such a cut and paste faggot! ::)