• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150831 - David Darling - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 31, 2015, 09:58:29 PM

Juan Cena

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on August 31, 2015, 11:11:44 PM
Bill Walton woud b a great guest, he waz just at the grateful dead chicago 50th anniversary showz. Mickey Hart woud b a better guest talkn about conciousness an how sound iz related

Bill's new book is gonna apparently going to focus a lot on his recovery from a spinal collapse that pretty much forced him to lay on the floor for three years. Considering Art's back issues, he's probably see a lot of things he has in common with Bill.

aldousburbank

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 31, 2015, 11:22:01 PM
How long do you guys think Art will stick with the Skype experiment?
Until humans set foot on Mars.

Crapphazzard

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on August 31, 2015, 11:13:27 PM
Nothing concrete.  There are certain launch windows to Mars based on closing distances.

Here they are, dude  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploration_of_Mars#Launch_windows

But did you see the NASA competition link I posted?  They are trying to come up with super fast deep-space engines to get their QUICK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3021521/Could-Mars-39-DAYS-Nasa-selects-companies-develop-super-fast-deep-space-engine.html
dam!!....i had no clue any of that was going on lol. but seriously thank you lots for that!!. now i know and it seems like it can happen a lot sooner than i could have fathomed. i do agree with you zeebo...learning as much as we can and letting our technology mature more seems like the way to go in my opinion. you gabbers are freaking smart and awesome  8)

starrmtn001

Belligerent Aliens.  Think I've met a couple. ;D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: zeebo on August 31, 2015, 11:23:32 PM
Look if it was in an old Flash Gordon episode, it's plausible science.  Glass domes n' ray guns dude, still legit.

Into the sarlacc with you for contradicting me. Too nakma noya Zeebo. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Why he calls us higher seems beyond me.....in some sense we maybe just bacterial support systems.

AppealPlay

Oh, yeah, population control.  Alex Jones, baby!

How do you propose to bring about population control with the Jewish, Black and lower class communities? That should be amusing to watch. People are having nervous breakdowns about politicians saying they think we should enforce our immigration laws.

norland2424

next time a hooker stabs me i wont bleed out nice !!  ;D

Juan Cena

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 31, 2015, 11:07:45 PM
The Bill and Aldous have had their interactions. Interesting cat. Smart. Nice.

Bill's color commentary on ESPN's PAC-12 basketball coverage is amazing. He turns it into a history lesson, a music appreciation class, a philosophy class, a meditation on culture, and an acid trip all rolled into one.

SciFiAuthor

This show reminds me of when Dr. Dvorak was on. Blowing by, riveting. Will be a classic Art Bell science interview 20 years from now.

AppealPlay

Speaking of the future of medicine, I'm in between doctors at the moment and can't get into my new doctor for several weeks.  In the meantime a prescription I take daily was out of refills and I didn't want to go back to my old doctor.  So instead of missing several doses I discovered telemedicine.  I downloaded an app on my iPad and filled out a couple of forms and within a couple of minutes I was video chatting with a licensed doctor who was able to write me a prescription refill to bridge me to my doctor's appointment.  He sent it electronically to my pharmacy and I picked up the next day.  It felt like Star Trek.

Hey WDC remember that number.....keep calling....don't want to get hassled by creditors....

Dyna-X

We're gonna continue to go out into space, and yes humans will walk on Mars. Why wouldnt we go?

Juan Cena

Quote from: norland2424 on August 31, 2015, 11:32:14 PM
next time a hooker stabs me i wont bleed out nice !!  ;D

"Just stab her back!"
- Craig James

Sean92008

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 31, 2015, 11:24:25 PM
Bill's new book is gonna apparently going to focus a lot on his recovery from a spinal collapse that pretty much forced him to lay on the floor for three years. Considering Art's back issues, he's probably see a lot of things he has in common with Bill.

Wow...  Bill is a local guy and he does a lot of ads for everybody, including an ad for a hospital system where he was talking about his "life being saved."  I totally thought "what a drama queen."

Thanks for your insight!