• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150818 - Father Jack Ashcraft - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 18, 2015, 08:07:34 PM

albrecht

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 18, 2015, 10:30:11 PM
That's Eastern Catholicism which use the Orthodox/Byzantine rite. This guy is a member of the Byzantine Catholic Church, which is not in communion with Rome or the Orthodoxy. In fact, for all I know, he may be the only member.
There is an interesting show there, actually. Recall the "priests" convicted of stealing ancient books. The Eastern Catholic, and Byzantine, churches, especially during/after communism, Islam, etc are fairly bizarre and lend themselves to, sometimes, exploitation and "new" churches. Though, look at all the art and wealth and power gained by the "true" line of the Popes! haha.

Herbn-Legend

Wat iz christianity the 4th or 5th most followd religion. So i say FAHK HU CAREZ WAT A CHRISTIAN THINKZ OR WANTZ. U R A MINORITY ON THIS PLANET!!!!😀

ChandlersDad

I wish this guy would say something I hadn't already heard a thousand times already.

pate

Wish I could recall the book/movie with the "they were sinning most vigorously..." line.

As I recall it was in reference to fornication...

Uncle Duke

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 18, 2015, 10:51:41 PM
That would be crazy, since neither is authorized by a bishop to perform one.

If crazy=entertaining, I'm with you.

AppealPlay

I don't think you guys are realizing what Art is getting at.  He's thinking that even though she and the other LaVey Satanists claim they don't believe in a real being called Satan that they do in fact worship him regardless of whether they realize it or not (and I think he believes Blanche actually does believe in a living Satan).  It leads to the same place.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: Kolchak on August 18, 2015, 10:52:08 PM
Same. She's being demonized (pun intended) for no reason. Satanists are just atheists who also believe in some extra woo woo (magic). She was personable and forthcoming.

Not sure why people feel the need to pretend she's trying to lure people to a devil she doesn't believe in.

I've known a few Satanists. Really nice people and I know they're different from idiot metal heads who stumble around drunk in cemeteries . . . .

Nice avatar, by the way . . . .

AppealPlay

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on August 18, 2015, 10:54:50 PM
I've known a few Satanists. Really nice people and I know they're different from idiot metal heads who stumble around drunk in cemeteries . . . .

I've no doubt Satan is a great guy to share a beer with.  He's probably great at conversation.  Still evil, you know.

I knew she was pulling the used car salesman routine from the get-go, not to mention openly attacking the church every chance she got.

albrecht

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 18, 2015, 10:51:41 PM
That would be crazy, since neither is authorized by a bishop to perform one.
I think "officially" you shouldn't. Though like much stuff en extremis it probably would be allowed by the Roman Church? Last Rites etc can be done even my others, or so I'm told. I don't know the level of the Rites but in a circumstance when nobody else is around?

trostol

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on August 18, 2015, 10:54:50 PM

thats usually goths in the cemetery's...they are mostly harmless if left alone

cosman

Quote from: pate on August 18, 2015, 10:53:32 PM
Wish I could recall the book/movie with the "they were sinning most vigorously..." line.

As I recall it was in reference to fornication...
Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice (1993)

Herbn-Legend

Christianz SELF IMPORTANT 😒 y are all the other religionz soooooo humble but christianz r the me me me idiotz. Christianz cant live with them AN WER NOT ALLOWED TO FEED UM TO THE LIONZz ANYMORE😝

trostol

Quote from: Johnny from PA on August 18, 2015, 10:55:32 PM
I knew she was pulling the used car salesman routine from the get-go, not to mention openly attacking the church every chance she got.

thats pretty much what they are about..they are sort of the anti religion ..

ChandlersDad

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 18, 2015, 10:54:05 PM
I don't think you guys are realizing what Art is getting at.  He's thinking that even though she and the other LaVey Satanists claim they don't believe in a real being called Satan that they do in fact worship him regardless of whether they realize it or not (and I think he believes Blanche actually does believe in a living Satan).  It leads to the same place.

Yes, dear. We get it. We just don't all agree.

norland2424

i rather have animals in heaven then most people..

RoseGirl

Of course they have souls....all animals do, even insects.

AppealPlay

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 18, 2015, 10:56:40 PM
Yes, dear. We get it. We just don't all agree.

Oh, okay.  It seemed like you folks were confused about it.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: albrecht on August 18, 2015, 10:55:48 PM
I think "officially" you shouldn't. Though like much stuff en extremis it probably would be allowed by the Roman Church? Last Rites etc can be done even my others, or so I'm told. I don't know the level of the Rites but in a circumstance when nobody else is around?

It would seem to me to be inherently spiritually dangerous to perform one.

Maybe not fair, but he kind of reminds me of this character....maybe less of a jerk though obviously.

albrecht

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 18, 2015, 10:54:05 PM
She even quoted Milton, at some point, and I definitely heard her quote CS Lewis, for her purposes and out of context of his whole writings, that night and no one, even Art called her on that :o? Screwtape Letters, maybe? Obvious. I know she, HE, was laughing.  ;) Not saying true but has scholarship or reading gotten to the point that basics are forgotten?