• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150817 - Joe Rogan - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 17, 2015, 09:35:06 PM

AppealPlay

I know nothing about the UFC so this conversation has me confused.

bateman

Quote from: ShayP on August 17, 2015, 10:48:15 PM
Hoagland should NEVER get one of those.  >:(

Would it be plugged into something called a usb port?

aldousburbank

Quote from: herzogxyu on August 17, 2015, 10:47:08 PM
you guys are being a bit rough on joe rogan. i think he is a very good podcaster with interesting ideals and experiences. frankly, some of them i don't agree with, but i appreciate his perspective.  maybe a lot of the bashing of him is coming from an older generation? i don't know. i'm happy at the caliber of guest tonight.
I'm old as sasquatch but I enjoy Joe's podcasts much.

kingotnw

Quote from: coaster on August 17, 2015, 10:44:56 PM
Odd question, but Art isn't familiar with the ufc. Noory isn't familiar with anything. If I were art, I'd take Joe up on his offer in a heart beat.

Art probably couldn't figure out a way to work it into the interview. It's a big part of Joe's life, getting it in there at all was sort of amazing. Art gets all of the proper plugs in, one way or another.

trostol

Quote from: ShayP on August 17, 2015, 10:46:56 PM
Gone down hill, I know.  :( ;)  No seriously...you remember the first championship?  Some construction worker beat this 400+ lb guy.  And you had to fight 3 matches that night. Brutal.  Anyhoo.....

yup..thems the good old days lol

Herbn-Legend

Shyt dumb auto correct ?banana? U want UFC fitez go to the beach in hawaii EVRY1 iz traind in mix martial artz here

ShayP

Quote from: bateman on August 17, 2015, 10:48:53 PM
Would it be plugged into something called a usb port?

We shouldn't worry then.  :D  ;)

coaster

Rousey is going to retire. No one in the ufc can beat her, so retire while your undefeated.

aldousburbank

Quote from: QuantumMystics on August 17, 2015, 10:48:58 PM
nice artwork on the covers...

Good book. I really enjoyed Lilly's autobiography "The Scientist"

doctor weird

man, Art just has no clue about UFC or MMA. Too bad, I was hoping to hear his views on it, especially in regards to Women fighters.

Faustina

I'm sort of getting the feeling that Joe Rogan is a bit of a Dude.

trostol

but i am sure you still watch it Joe lol

ItsOver

At least he's not telling me the Earth is flat or was wandering around Gettysburg in the 1860's.

zeebo

Quote from: doctor weird on August 17, 2015, 10:50:30 PM
man, Art just has no clue about UFC or MMA. Too bad, I was hoping to hear his views on it, especially in regards to Women fighters.

Is GLOW still around?

trostol

Quote from: Faustina on August 17, 2015, 10:50:54 PM

he is a dude bro

AL5J

Quote from: nbirnes on August 17, 2015, 10:46:37 PM
Wise.

A Cuba libre and a Cuban cigar is my speed...I'll just sit back and video you DMT chrononauts.

Jocko Johnson

Naked and Afraid, a few peeps had to be airlifted out sick/injured.

Quote from: Faustina on August 17, 2015, 10:50:54 PM

You mean like dudebro?  Yeah, he is like quintessential dudebro.

kingotnw

Quote from: coaster on August 17, 2015, 10:48:09 PM
What happened? Did art cut him off? I missed it.

He went into a Dave Chappell bit. My wife was going to explain the bit and why he was cut off, but intold her I would take her word for it that it was not appropriate for Art's show.

trostol

Quote from: ItsOver on August 17, 2015, 10:51:16 PM
At least he's not telling me the Earth is flat or was wandering around Gettysburg in the 1860's.

flat earth Gettysburg..i wanna go lol

Quote from: kingotnw on August 17, 2015, 10:52:02 PM
He went into a Dave Chappell bit. My wife was going to explain the bit and why he was cut off, but intold her I would take her word for it that it was not appropriate for Art's show.

Faustina

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on August 17, 2015, 10:51:53 PM
Naked and Afraid, a few peeps had to be airlifted out sick/injured.

I'm curious to watch this now.

Kevin Sorbo

Quote from: NefariousBanana on August 17, 2015, 10:37:32 PM
I feel the same when it comes to that first part about getting too much credit for being intelligent.

Yeah. I'm not saying he's stupid at all -- that's clearly not the case. He's a relatively sharp guy, but I think that's different than being individually intelligent. I think he has a lot of good positions that he's reached over the course of his life and is good at regurgitating why he holds those positions to others. So many of his listeners (I am a regular JRE listener) act like he's the first or only person in the world saying the things that he says. He might have the biggest platform, but nothing coming out of his mouth is original. That's not a knock on him whatsoever, I really like the guy. He's genuine and admits when he's wrong which is an amazing trait that is almost unique to Joe in the world of highly successful podcasts.