• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Weekly Art Bell Wrap Up Show?

Started by chefist, August 11, 2015, 08:48:28 AM

chefist

Good Morning All!

I am just taking the pulse on a weekly wrap up show. If you think it is a bad idea, let me know! If you think it would be something fun to do, let me know!

1. It would only be a hobby level program, it is not intended for anything else! i'm not a broadcast professional nor do I want to be one!
2. It would be on mixlr.com, I think some folks might not like to login to mixlr, but it works for the purposes of the format. I wanted to keep it simple and not have to bug the experts on BellGab on how to set up a call in, amazingly small internet show that has very few people listening in.
3. I would never want to in anyway infringe, disrespect or distract from MV, BellGab or any other program...more than likely it would only have a few folks listening...
4. The content will focus on the guests and topics Art covered the previous week...as well has topics and guests that the fans may want to hear...
5. There will be a live stream, open lines, live/archivable chat, and a recorded podcast...

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Chefist

SredniVashtar

Is there really a lot to say about the average programme? Sometimes (like the Flat Earth thing) you get a bizarre idea (plus an incredibly annoying guest) that is worth going into a bit more, but often it ends up being a discussion about whether it was a good show or not and that is about it. Until Art finds some guests who are truly unusual and tell us something we have never heard before then I don't see what you are going to talk about. That's true about most Art Bell shows for me, great to listen to, but rarely providing much food for thought outside of the show itself.

But, that's just me. Perhaps you have lots of ideas that I haven't thought of - in which case, more power to you. You might be better off just doing a paranormal style show yourself and finding your own guests. I'm sure they're out there and - perhaps someone who isn't on the radar could use your show as possibly a route to appearing with the great man himself.

Anyway, just my opinion. Good luck.

chefist

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 11, 2015, 09:02:44 AM

Anyway, just my opinion. Good luck.

Thanks a lot, SV...You do bring up valid points.  I would want to bring a scientific filter to the program, as I am a chemist by trade.  Therefore, in that aspect I don't know how much time I would want to devote talking about a topic like a flat Earth! LOL

That's why I thought once a week would be more than enough! Also, having an interesting guest (probably from BG) would be great fun and entertainment.

Art's show for me is story telling at a very high level! That is why I listen!

There will be a lot of callers, due to the fact that even though I may be outgoing and verbose, talking ad nauseum for extended periods of time is a gift that I do not have...on our test show we got some BG regulars to call in that have not called in anywhere before! That is a good thing!

I'm good at risk management as well, so if there are strong "don't do it" arguments, I will take them into serious consideration...

SredniVashtar

Quote from: chefist on August 11, 2015, 09:10:20 AM
Thanks a lot, SV...You do bring up valid points.  I would want to bring a scientific filter to the program, as I am a chemist by trade.  Therefore, in that aspect I don't know how much time I would want to devote talking about a topic like a flat Earth! LOL

That's why I thought once a week would be more than enough! Also, having an interesting guest (probably from BG) would be great fun and entertainment.

Art's show for me is story telling at a very high level! That is why I listen!

There will be a lot of callers, due to the fact that even though I may be outgoing and verbose, talking ad nauseum for extended periods of time is a gift that I do not have...on our test show we got some BG regulars to call in that have not called in anywhere before! That is a good thing!

Well, that's different. It sounds like you'd bring a slant to it that might be interesting. Don't be too hard on the Flat Earth show though. I think most people hearing that, hopefully  ;), would have come away thinking that John was an arrogant dick and the prof had some interesting points that could be looked into more deeply. That's one of the things that you come away with from the religion v science debates - how much more interesting the world is when it is explained, not mystified.

I'm all for people doing shows and expressing their enthusiasm. I felt that Bella-Haven was a nice idea that didn't work, so perhaps you will be able to succeed and learn from their mistakes.

henge0stone

Quote from: chefist on August 11, 2015, 08:48:28 AM
Good Morning All!

I am just taking the pulse on a weekly wrap up show. If you think it is a bad idea, let me know! If you think it would be something fun to do, let me know!

1. It would only be a hobby level program, it is not intended for anything else! i'm not a broadcast professional nor do I want to be one!
2. It would be on mixlr.com, I think some folks might not like to login to mixlr, but it works for the purposes of the format. I wanted to keep it simple and not have to bug the experts on BellGab on how to set up a call in, amazingly small internet show that has very few people listening in.
3. I would never want to in anyway infringe, disrespect or distract from MV, BellGab or any other program...more than likely it would only have a few folks listening...
4. The content will focus on the guests and topics Art covered the previous week...as well has topics and guests that the fans may want to hear...
5. There will be a live stream, open lines, live/archivable chat, and a recorded podcast...

Thanks a lot!

Chefist

I would personally not be interested in an after show. I don't really like them, all they do is rehash and analyze the crap out of everything. Talking Dead (after walking dead), The Wrap up show (after howard stern) are both incredibly boring shows. Having shows about other shows is just pointless in my mind. But that's just my opinion. I think Gabcast already is a wrap up show of sorts so it would be extra redundant.

But again that's just me.

chefist

Quote from: henge0stone on August 11, 2015, 05:01:35 PM
I would personally not be interested in an after show. I don't really like them, all they do is rehash and analyze the crap out of everything. Talking Dead (after walking dead), The Wrap up show (after howard stern) are both incredibly boring shows. Having shows about other shows is just pointless in my mind. But that's just my opinion. I think Gabcast already is a wrap up show of sorts so it would be extra redundant.

But again that's just me.

Thanks a lot for the input...I"ve pretty much decided the same thing...it will be fun listening to TrainWreck and the NFL show! Count me in as a listener!

onan

Quote from: chefist on August 11, 2015, 05:12:02 PM
Thanks a lot for the input...I"ve pretty much decided the same thing...it will be fun listening to TrainWreck and the NFL show! Count me in as a listener!

Gabcast... a distant third, I see. *sigh*

wr250

Quote from: onan on August 11, 2015, 05:13:35 PM
MITD 1st (duh no brainer)
gabcast
everything else
noory to noory am (tie for last)
television (tie for last)

onan

Quote from: wr250 on August 11, 2015, 05:15:54 PM
MITD 1st (duh no brainer)
gabcast
everything else
noory to noory am
television

I have a fondness for Scratchin to the Oldies.

chefist

GabCast is a given! It's like watching "Sightings" before the "X-Files" back in the day...you just have to do it!

henge0stone

I've actually never listened to Gabcast, I assume its better than talking dead and the wrap up show.

onan

Quote from: henge0stone on August 12, 2015, 01:18:38 AM
I've actually never listened to Gabcast, I assume its better than talking dead and the wrap up show.

Never assume anything.

Tarbaby

Quote from: chefist on August 11, 2015, 08:48:28 AM
Good Morning All!

Thanks a lot!

Chefist
I think the idea certainly has potential. If you get it going and it has an RSS feed let us know and I will put it in my podcast aggregator.