• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150807 - Travis Walton, Abductee - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 07, 2015, 09:07:07 PM

Spinner

Quote from: rtz on August 07, 2015, 10:46:38 PM
Why didn't they try and get the movie more accurate?
Because it's Hollywood. Complete accuracy is not allowed.  ;D

sydtron

Quote from: ShayP on August 07, 2015, 10:53:37 PM
Atmosphere is everything.   8)
Might even put on the headphones. so I cant hear the AC... TOTAL IMMERSION!!

ChandlersDad

This is a true story.  Phillip Klass went to Arizona to "investigate" the Travis Walton case. He denounced the case viciously in one of his books.

Now, I know the guy that picked up Klass at the Phoenix airport and drove him up north to Snowflake, Arizona.

The driver stopped the car in Snowflake, then went around to open  the door for Klass. Klass got out of the car, looked around, then got back in the car.

The driver asked where he wanted to go to investigate the matter. Klass said he had seen enough and wanted to get back to Phoenix.

So Klass evidently MADE UP everything in his book denouncing the case. He could truthfully say he went to Snowflake. He stepped out of the limo, then got back in.

Jackstar

Quote from: eddie dean on August 07, 2015, 10:42:32 PM
There is a reason they don't allow LD in the courts.

Yeah, because if you hooked up one of those things to a bailiff, you'd run out of judges in about a fortnight.

starrmtn001

321 people are here, just on this thread alone.  Cool! ;D

This shows the best show so far for me at least. Maps of light? What did he do for water? Did they give him some?

ShayP

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 07, 2015, 10:56:34 PM
321 people are here, just on this thread alone.  Cool! ;D

Possibly more if you consider bi-polar disorder.

Pumamama

Roswells, All.

Saw Walton in Joshua Tree in May. He looked hale, healthy & happy. He's quite something.

RoseGirl

oh god...I love this song....a boom ba....hehehhe

sounds so good too

rtz

Travis does well on the phone which makes the show flow better.  A lot of guests seem to have trouble hearing at the same time they are speaking.  Anyone ever notice that?

Northcoaster

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 07, 2015, 10:58:31 PM
oh god...I love this song....a boom ba....hehehhe

sounds so good too

DO you know what the name of the song is?

zeebo

I still miss the scream.  Thanks, all you scream-killers.   :(

ChandlersDad

Quote from: rtz on August 07, 2015, 10:46:38 PM
Why didn't they try and get the movie more accurate?

Travis signed away the rights to the movie. They could therefore make whatever changes they wanted. When I saw the aliens in the movie, I thought they looked silly, like grouchy Muppet babies.

Pumamama

Quote from: QuantumMystics on August 07, 2015, 10:56:51 PM
This shows the best show so far for me at least. Maps of light? What did he do for water? Did they give him some?

Good question. Gone five days, he'd need water for sure.

ChandlersDad

Quote from: rtz on August 07, 2015, 10:58:47 PM
Travis does well on the phone which makes the show flow better.  A lot of guests seem to have trouble hearing at the same time they are speaking.  Anyone ever notice that?

No. But I have noticed that some of the callers seem to have an IQ of 20.

ChandlersDad

Where did he poop and tinkle? In movies and TV shows, such mundane matters are ignored. But if he was gone 5 days then I assume he had to relieve himself. Did the alien ship have a modern toilet?

starrmtn001

Quote from: ShayP on August 07, 2015, 10:57:48 PM
Possibly more if you consider bi-polar disorder.
Right.  I didn't think of that.  And neither did I.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Pumamama on August 07, 2015, 10:58:29 PM
Roswells, All.

Saw Walton in Joshua Tree in May. He looked hale, healthy & happy. He's quite something.
Pumamama!  Hi there! ;D

Spinner

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 07, 2015, 10:56:23 PM
This is a true story.  Phillip Klass went to Arizona to "investigate" the Travis Walton case. He denounced the case viciously in one of his books.

Now, I know the guy that picked up Klass at the Phoenix airport and drove him up north to Snowflake, Arizona.

The driver stopped the car in Snowflake, then went around to open  the door for Klass. Klass got out of the car, looked around, then got back in the car.

The driver asked where he wanted to go to investigate the matter. Klass said he had seen enough and wanted to get back to Phoenix.

So Klass evidently MADE UP everything in his book denouncing the case. He could truthfully say he went to Snowflake. He stepped out of the limo, then got back in.

Not to mention that he also tried to bribe one of the crew guys to get him to say that it was all a lie.  >:(

MABUSE

ALL freakish sci-fi effects in the 80's had a greenish glow, it was in the rulebook.
From nuclear fuel rods to Herbert West's re-animation fluid.
**M**

nbirnes

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 07, 2015, 11:02:09 PM
Where did he poop and tinkle? In movies and TV shows, such mundane matters are ignored. But if he was gone 5 days then I assume he had to relieve himself. Did the alien ship have a modern toilet?

Catheters. I'll bet aliens invented them.