• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jabberwocky! The guild is forming, bring your own vorpal sword...

Started by Mordred478, November 18, 2008, 03:42:03 PM

Caruthers612

Yes, fellow phalluses. Oh, and you fallopians, too. I have just purchased a guild charter that I may start the Britcom fan loony WoW guild I once spoke of. Jabberwocky is the name. I need signatures. Come one, come all, but remember: Only the most well-versed will survive. Anyone caught being serious will be...well...pretty severely glared at, I can tell you.

Mordred, in a light cream sauce with a side of mash

Caruthers612

Oops, forgot to mention. My name in WoW is Mahavishnu. Studly hunter, I am. Find me and say: "Hey, it's Gloidhead from GNS.Com!" I'll know what to do.

M

EvB

Okay - I give up. 

Anyone willing to loan me a clue?

Or do I have to buy a vowel?

He's talking about World of Warcraft, Ev. "WoW" is just a common shortening people use.

BTW, I don't play anymore Mordred. Sorry bout that. I used to be an Undead Warlock though. *shows Horde love*

EvB

QuoteHe's talking about World of Warcraft, Ev. "WoW" is just a common shortening people use.

Thank you!

danDNA

in one of the tabloids here the other day they had a thing about WoWwidows. is it true you WoWers sometimes spend up to 16 hours a day on WoW?

Caruthers612

Quote from: danDNA on November 19, 2008, 02:11:04 PM
in one of the tabloids here the other day they had a thing about WoWwidows. is it true you WoWers sometimes spend up to 16 hours a day on WoW?

There was a time when I was that bad. ;-) Then again, in years past, it's been Starcraft or some other game that possessed me like the ghost of cheddar past. At the mo', I'm playing less WoW, though it has more to do with a) my desire to find some cool new games to take over my life and b) WoW being in a weird state of flux due to the transition to Wrath of the Lich King.

M

danDNA

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on November 19, 2008, 08:06:08 PM
*Currently trying to clear all the Wu characters in DW5*

Ghostface killer, Method man, U-God etc? WTF is DW5?

Quote from: danDNA on November 20, 2008, 04:16:58 AM
Ghostface killer, Method man, U-God etc? WTF is DW5?

Dynasty Warriors 5. But I get the Wu-Tang joke.  ;D

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on November 20, 2008, 11:29:37 AM
Dynasty Warriors 5. But I get the Wu-Tang joke.  ;D

I'm so ashamed....... I didn't get it at first. Yes, I'll turn in my props.

Hehe. Well I've been playing Gears of War 2 but mostly mowing down zombies in "Left 4 Dead" on 360. Bought it Tuesday and I'm very satisfied. Considering it's a VALVe game, (for those who don't know, they made Half-Life, Portal, Counter-Strike, ect) there wasn't any doubt it would be epic. Plus XBox finally updated the GUI yesterday with the NXE, so it's like..I'm having one hell of a good gaming week here myself.

The cool thing about being a gamer is, no matter how old you get, late fall and Christmas-time will always be awesome. That's when all the best titles and new systems come out. ;D

EvB

My son always asks for a game, or some game=related gear at Christmas.  I've wached him play, but it's never been anything i understood myself

THIS YEAR, however, his game-ish request is a bit pricey, and one I DO understand.  So, I told him I'd consider it if he'd promise to let me come over and play.

It hurts every time I enter W-Mart, G-Stop, or BestBuy.  Sacrificing a new 360 has been a productive but painful decision.

I checked out the GS review for Left4Dead.  Pretty good, and it looks cool.

Has anyone played Mirrors Edge yet?

danDNA

has there been a thread with Xbox gamer ID's on it before? can we all link up in a virtual game of GTA4 or summink?

mine is: vince quequo

*edit* oh ye i have found the thread with atoms and phans tags i should have looked before doh... ill add you both i thats cool. anyone else???

Caruthers612

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on November 20, 2008, 09:01:43 PM
Has anyone played Mirrors Edge yet?

Dude, that is the game I have been waiting for. I pre-ordered it on Amazon weeks ago. Can't wait. Meanwhile, having just started exploring the new continent of Northrend in Wrath of the Lich King, I have now discovered why the items that used to sell so well for me at the Auction House no longer do. There's just so much better stuff to be got from this shiny new continent. <sigh> Well, it's the law of Nature, ain't it? Adapt or perish.

Mordred, what perishes now and again

Quote from: danDNA on November 21, 2008, 04:32:50 AM
*edit* oh ye i have found the thread with atoms and phans tags i should have looked before doh... ill add you both i thats cool. anyone else???

Got your message, and added.  8)

pate

Quote from: Caruthers612 on November 18, 2008, 03:43:46 PM

Oops, forgot to mention. My name in WoW is Mahavishnu. Studly hunter, I am. Find me and say: "Hey, it's Gloidhead from GNS.Com!" I'll know what to do.

M

Hair,obrt.

Zoom-zoom

Sekrit nuty-hgr, ONIT!

cc:CIVa$ukkerz!

Criterion blu-ray of Jabberwocky comes out this Tuesday.  Buy it at Barnes and Noble where they are selling all of their Criterions at 50% this month which makes it about $20 a pop.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 19, 2017, 01:53:33 AM
Criterion blu-ray of Jabberwocky comes out this Tuesday.  Buy it at Barnes and Noble where they are selling all of their Criterions at 50% this month which makes it about $20 a pop.

That's one Monty Python movie I could never connect with.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 19, 2017, 02:27:18 PM
That's one Monty Python movie I could never connect with.

I'll be honest. It has been decades since I saw it and I can't remember much about it anymore.  I always wished Monty Python had made more movies together but then Graham Chapman died and it is just not the same without him.  None of the other Pythons could play Brits with a stiff upper lip as well as Chapman.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 19, 2017, 02:43:13 PM
I'll be honest. It has been decades since I saw it and I can't remember much about it anymore.  I always wished Monty Python had made more movies together but then Graham Chapman died and it is just not the same without him.  None of the other Pythons could play Brits with a stiff upper lip as well as Chapman.

True but he had range. He was in some of the more bizarre skits too. This is one of my favs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWWg5shNWR4

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 19, 2017, 03:23:20 PM
True but he had range. He was in some of the more bizarre skits too. This is one of my favs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWWg5shNWR4

Oh yeah, he had great range but I always got a big smile on my face when he was playing military commanders. I just loved  him and there could never be a Python reunion without him.  I guess he was probably my favorite of the troupe.