• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150804 - Jay Weidner/Stanton Friedman Debate - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 04, 2015, 09:30:52 PM

Alienmojo

Hey guys, I'm confused on this Time Traveller thing. I paid for mine already... but will it automatically come out each month or do I have to manually do it? I don't want to suddenly have to pay the increased amount.

aldousburbank

Quote from: someguy on August 04, 2015, 10:28:35 PM
if we built submarines of course we went to the fucking moon. going to the moon is way easier than making a submarine
I believe all that deep sea stuff is a James Cameron hoax.

trostol

odd...just was able to load the page...any way

anyone see the Deadpool trailer?

Quote from: Alienmojo on August 04, 2015, 10:35:16 PM
Hey guys, I'm confused on this Time Traveller thing. I paid for mine already... but will it automatically come out each month or do I have to manually do it? I don't want to suddenly have to pay the increased amount.
You are locked in at that price.

cljohnston108

Quote from: ShayP on August 04, 2015, 10:21:46 PM
The audio keeps skipping on my end.  I hear repeated dialog.  Anyone else?
Ah, good, so it's not just me!

ShayP

Automatic.  Depending on when you signed up I believe you won't see an increase.

ItsOver

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 04, 2015, 10:31:10 PM
Here's a question for him - if it's a fake, how come the Soviets didn't call bullshit? Oh, wait, they didn't have telescopes.
I think they were busy with what they do best.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: trostol on August 04, 2015, 10:35:41 PM
odd...just was able to load the page...any way

anyone see the Deadpool trailer?

Yeah, it looks like fox has finally done a marvel movie right.

trostol

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 04, 2015, 10:36:49 PM
Yeah, it looks like fox has finally done a marvel movie right.

indeed...looks pretty damn amazing

Robert

So this guy thinks the photos were faked for entirely different reasons than Hoagie thinks.  Amazing how you could come up w 2 converging yet independent crackpot lines of reasoning.

lexy

Er hum, we all know that NASA would never tell us a lie...choke wheez gasp

Why would you send Hitchbot into the hood?

I love love love how focused Dark Matter News is on the Hitchbot story. I've learned more from the last few weeks of DMN than I have from mainstream news in the last year.

Why not just have Buzz Aldrin on and have that Weidner knucklehead tell Buzz that he never walked on the moon. Fire up the cameras and see what happens. THAT would be good entertainment

Sean92008

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 04, 2015, 10:31:44 PM
My exact reaction to the Pro-Kubrick guy

For an expert, he doesn't seem to have a clue how cinematic technology works.

But he's more gooder because he's an expert.

Stanton's been around for ages, this Jay guy, whoever he is, isn't impressing me.  Classic argumentative debate.  He isn't making his own points, just being contrarianistically disagreeable.  Yes, that's not a word.

Noorynoid

Quote from: Sean92008 on August 04, 2015, 10:31:28 PM
Had to quit them after all their throttling of Netflix.

I'm about 3000 feet from the central office in a small town, even Netflix streams without problems. Latency is low. I'm also running a cat5 cable from the router to internet radio as well.

Barrblues

If we did not go there how is it possible to use the Lunar Laser Ranging experiment on the Moon from Earth today?

inuk2600

Quote from: Alienmojo on August 04, 2015, 10:33:33 PM
Wow.. this is gonna be great.  Man, I thought Stanton was dead!

Were you thinking of Dr Roger Leir?

starrmtn001

Quote from: ShayP on August 04, 2015, 10:36:26 PM
Automatic.  Depending on when you signed up I believe you won't see an increase.
I have my account set to recurring so I don't forget to make a payment, should I have a senile moment lol.

ShayP

I would like to see Art Bell in a movie as a hitman...maybe a cameo role.  :D

mortalwombat

that awkward moment when you *were* excited for Art Bell to come back on air, before he actually came back, because he's a good broadcaster, and now that he's back, you're considerably less excited, because he is showing his closed-minded, right-wing colors. for example that Alan Greenspan commercial they play repeatedly. Alan Greenspan was not a very good economist for the little guy, i.e. 99%+ of people. for another example, his repeated hype of Donald Chump.

Hopefully X-Men: Apocalypse will be good. The comic was absolutely amazing in the 1990s.

ManiacMatt

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 04, 2015, 10:26:57 PM

(PS I'm probably the biggest Kubrick fan on the planet)

This explains your response to my post.  I was merely responding to the guests assertion that Kubrick was THE ONLY ONE that understood film making.  I find Kubrick's work to be just a bit over rated.  It's just my opinion.  No need for a lecture on how ground-breaking he was.   :)

maren

Just wish they'd make it clear on Art's site.  I wormhole him and asked, but he didn't address it (because it was the most boring question ever and didn't deserve airtime?  :))  I figure worst that can happen is we'll have to re-up at the newer rate -- which is still a good deal.  We'll see!

cosmic hobo

Anyone heard from Jazz? Been missing from this site for awhile. No GabCast tonight either. 

Stephen

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 04, 2015, 10:33:31 PM
It would've been IMPOSSIBLE to shoot the moon landing in slo mo because there are no film splices in the moon footage and the amount of film it would've taken to film that continuously in slow mo didn't and doesn't exist 
post production editing and crude (at the time) tele-cine could have got her done...