• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Evelyn "the witch" Paglini

Started by Pirate King Atomsk, November 16, 2008, 07:53:28 PM

Do you think Evelyn Paglini is...

A self-absorbed fake moron
34 (31.8%)
Somewhat interesting, but generally annoying and totally fake.
18 (16.8%)
Truly interesting, but probably fake.
23 (21.5%)
She isn't fake. She's for real, and a good guest!
21 (19.6%)
A demonic witch. Don't listen to her shows or you might turn into a gremlin.
11 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 106

EvB

There is a special icing on the Paglini Cake for me.  Evelyn, while not an obscure name, isn't all that common either. Hearing this person with MY NAME (yes, "Ev" is short for Evelyn, like you had not figured that out) being such a -- oh lord, I dunno - just HER - adds just that little extra layer to my annoyance.

zeph

I think this is her:

(source)

Honestly, Evelyn Paglini is a really dull guest for C2C. She seems like a typical modern poser/'witch' who does it for the sake of hobby and not spirituality. And taking a look it her website...it's just an online store where she probably makes a good amount through after her appearances on Coast to Coast AM. That's why she's a "wiccan" in my opinion.

Marc.Knight

I always envisioned her to be an 85 year old woman.  Probably the voice and demeanor on air.

b_dubb

b_dubb

Quote from: zeph on September 28, 2010, 05:12:14 PM
I think this is her:

(source)

Honestly, Evelyn Paglini is a really dull guest for C2C. She seems like a typical modern poser/'witch' who does it for the sake of hobby and not spirituality. And taking a look it her website...it's just an online store where she probably makes a good amount through after her appearances on Coast to Coast AM. That's why she's a "wiccan" in my opinion.

first impression ... one of the many nutjobs that parade up and down Venice Beach trying to be as eccentric as possible and coast by without ever having to do any real work.  hence the witch bs.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on September 29, 2010, 12:32:07 AM
Quote from: zeph on September 28, 2010, 05:12:14 PM
I think this is her:

(source)

first impression ... one of the many nutjobs that parade up and down Venice Beach trying to be as eccentric as possible and coast by without ever having to do any real work.  hence the witch bs.
#13 on the list.

Quote from: EvB on September 28, 2010, 03:10:35 PM

There is a special icing on the Paglini Cake for me.  Evelyn, while not an obscure name, isn't all that common either. Hearing this person with MY NAME (yes, "Ev" is short for Evelyn, like you had not figured that out) being such a -- oh lord, I dunno - just HER - adds just that little extra layer to my annoyance.

Would your last name happen to be Baglini?  :)

EvB

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on October 07, 2010, 10:52:48 AM
Quote from: EvB on September 28, 2010, 03:10:35 PM

Would your last name happen to be Baglini?  :)

hahaha -

No, you have the first two letters right, but it ends there. ;-)

Brenda

I enjoy listening to Eyelyn Paglini.  Her predictions are pretty good.  I too looked for a picture of her on the web and found an actual video of her from decades ago when she was being interviewed by a local t.v. station.  I forgot where I found this, maybe onutube.  She did open a satanic church in Illinois decades ago if that helps.  Apparently her grandfather passed down his knowledge of wicca to her from a very early age.  Just thought you would want to know. 

WOTR

Finally cast my vote.  No doubt she is fake- but I always enjoy listening.  I love the fact that her voice makes her sound like a regular visitor to hell who has inhaled a little to much sulfurous smoke.  She goes into the "dark" magics and is a fine listen after 1:00 AM when you are on some back road in the Midwest with nobody around (only twice did she keep me company in the dead of night on a deserted back road.)  I also used to like listening late night in the mine with nobody around.

She spins a pretty good piece of fiction.

analog kid

She sounds like Sylvia Browne, who makes me stabby.

Quote from: analog kid on October 24, 2011, 08:13:30 AM
She sounds like Sylvia Browne, who makes me stabby.

She is neither. Come on people, let's face it. Witches are supposed to be evil and most importantly Satanic.  Don't get me started on that poser "Patty" the Satanic closet Christian either.

zeph

Here's an old video (from 1980) of Evelyn Paglini:

http://www.fuzzymemories.tv/#videoclip-2876

WLS Channel 7 - Eyewitness News - "The Curse Of The Evil Devil Stone" (1980)

Ben Shockley

Pardon me going off-topic for a minute:

Quote from: b_dubb on September 29, 2010, 12:32:07 AM
...one of the many nutjobs that parade up and down Venice Beach trying to be as eccentric as possible and coast by without ever having to do any real work...
Amazing how that describes "Hulk Hogan's" "wrestling" origin and career.

sleeplessinca

I used to really enjoy her and the creepy voice just made her better.

analog kid

She believes the Necronomicon is legitimate and that Abdul Alhazred is a real person...

Ben Shockley

Quote from: analog kid on April 09, 2012, 04:06:17 AM
She believes the Necronomicon is legitimate and that Abdul Alhazred is a real person...
You just went over 90% of heads in here.   Don't even get into Yuggoth and the Eltdown Shards....

analog kid

Embarrassing how some of the mythos bled into the new age in the 80s.

Ben Shockley

I thought you were joking, Analog.    What--?  did Paglini actually  make reference to Abdul and the Necronomicon??     If so~~  what a moron!!    Either to believe it, OR to think that EVERY listener was dumber than her and would believe it.
I guess she didn't mention the "Pnakotic Manuscripts" only because the "Pn" is tough to do via audio.

analog kid

No, she discussed the Necronomicon with a caller and credited Abdul like they were absolutely legitimate. That about sums up this woman's veracity.

Sardondi

She serves a purpose: anyone listening to that chain saw of a voice knows what you sound like when drink a fifth of bourbon and smoke 4 packs of cigarettes every day for 60 years. God, uh, I mean "Gaia", I cringe to hear her...

EvB

Over two years late - but i actually think this is her:

coaster

Quote from: EvB on June 30, 2012, 11:00:30 PM

Is that really her? Not bad at all. She needs to lay off the Pall Malls.

EvB

Quote from: coaster on June 30, 2012, 11:04:34 PM
Is that really her? Not bad at all. She needs to lay off the Pall Malls.

FWIW - the title of the jpg is evelynpaglinidr2011

Morgus

Quote from: EvB on June 30, 2012, 11:00:30 PM

Maybe but that photo is at least 30 years old...

EvB

Quote from: Morgus on June 30, 2012, 11:17:17 PM
Maybe but that photo is at least 30 years old...

Oh, that could well be!  But somehow the face matches the voice for me.

coaster

shes covering her throat in the picture. Im sure shes older, but I bet shes got something wrong with her throat. a theory from a drunk guy, but who knows.

ziznak

Cmon now that pic is in B&W and look at what she's wearing.  She's actually covering up her trach-hole... thats where the pall malls go.

Juan

The photo appears to be the same person as in the video - at about the same age as the person in the video.  So, the photo is about 30-years old.

HorrorRetro

I happened to catch Pags' first appearance on C2C with AB on the Fine Art stream the other night.  I believe it was June of '97. 

What's interesting is she was not a guest -- she was a caller.  Art had put in a request for "real witches" to call in.  She was but one of several others who called in.  He kept the other callers on for a few minutes each.  When she got through, she was her usual pompous self, and I guess that came across as being self-confident and legitimate to Art.  He kept her on longer than the rest and then asked her to stay on and take some calls with him.

He was hinting at the fact that he wanted a witch to do some work with him on a family situation.  I believe that was the situation involving his son.  The various attacks on him back in the '90s are starting to blur together in my head, so I'm not positive.  But, judging by his questions, he wanted someone who would do some work on someone who was attacking his family.  Pags insisted she was the girl for the job.   He eventually told her he'd like to have her on the show in the future.

Anyway, it was interesting to see the genesis of the relationship, from her being a caller to her being a frequent guest.  Oh, and during the call, Art asked her age, and she said she was in her 40s.

Gina