• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150730 - John Dvorak - Life Beyond Earth - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 30, 2015, 09:57:29 PM

Hautex

Quote from: Hautex on July 30, 2015, 10:51:18 PM
Anyone here have the Charlotte King effect?
People predicting quakes due to sensitivity of magnetic field shift
http://www.viser.net/~charking/

Engineer55

Quote from: trostol on July 30, 2015, 10:43:23 PM
think you are more likely to get a huge hurricane then a big earthquake
They already did that - Sandy.  The killer will be the mega-sunami when half that mountain in/near the Azores falls into the Atlantic.

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 30, 2015, 10:54:04 PM
Yeah, let's talk about Yellowstone, it scares the hell out of me.

Why? Yogi bear lives there.

ChandlersDad

I've been to Hawaii many times, but live there? All you have to do is look at it on a globe. It is a tiny teensy weensy blob of land above the waves in the middle of nowhere. Everything has to be brought in by cargo ship. As a white person, you really are on "foreign" land as far as the locals are concerned. The more people who move there, the more of the beauty is destroyed to build tract houses.

I'm too close for it to scare me. I carry around a smores kit hoping I'll have time to have a bite before I perform my best magic impression.

saucerlike

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on July 30, 2015, 10:36:36 PM
Strange fact. Wen the 7.2 hit here i had plants in the ground. Turnz out my crop produced MORE an waz more potent medicine😯💨💨💨
Nothing like mother nature breakin out the rototiller.  That's cool though.

wenck

Quote from: coaster on July 30, 2015, 10:50:55 PM
I've been chasing tornados for years.

I was listening to his show with Warren Fadley the other night. It'd be great if Art had another storm chaser on.

SaucyRossy

I really like this guest, he's fun, interesting, entertaining, knowledgable, and has a great flow with art.

AL5J

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 30, 2015, 10:51:23 PM
Chasing tornados in a Volkswagen!! Haha awesome

One of the things ham radio operators do. Look for a "Skywarn class" taught by the National Weather Service in your area to learn more.

Pumamama

Quote from: zeebo on July 30, 2015, 10:53:46 PM
Yeah I had my old mini-radio and listened to it as I walked home.  But all I could get was national news and the way they were reporting it you'd have thought SF had just sunk into the sea.  Only later did I realize that there were several pockets of heavy damage, which consumed all the nat'l news, but large swaths of the city were unscathed, including my 85-yr. old creaky Victorian apt.

For Loma Prieta, I was down south. (Long Beach.) The news suggested the entire city of SF was on fire and the Bay Bridge was in the bay. Thus learned how MSM misrepresents.

PathoJen

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 30, 2015, 10:57:16 PM
I really like this guest, he's fun, interesting, entertaining, knowledgable, and has a great flow with art.
Agree. I'm really happy with this guest.

Noorynoid

Yeah I had my old mini-radio and listened to it as I walked home.  But all I could get was national news and the way they were reporting it you'd have thought SF had just sunk into the sea.  Only later did I realize that there were several pockets of heavy damage, which consumed all the nat'l news, but large swaths of the city were unscathed, including my 85-yr. old creaky Victorian apt.

We were shocked when we got home and saw the freeway destruction, kept thinking about all those squished people in their cars, I still remember it clearly, it was a shocker.

PrairieGhost

I agree, it's like a ticking time bomb!

trostol

tonight just keeps making me think of the following lines

Some say a comet will fall from the sky
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still

munbeam666

I was in Berkeley at the time. Our house was fine, but you could see the Marina District burning from the upstairs bedroom. Scary
Two days before the quake my neighbors dog ran away, She never did that; this was the only time she ever ran away. My neighbor found her, the next day, running along the railroad tracks in Albany, about 5 miles north of there

Sean92008

Quote from: PathoJen on July 30, 2015, 10:58:00 PM
Agree. I'm really happy with this guest.
+1

Intelligence personified.

Art's great, no matter what.  This is like the ace pitcher who gets a 10-run lead in the first inning.  Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.  Art isn't going to have to work so hard!

Noorynoid

Quote from: PrairieGhost on July 30, 2015, 10:59:03 PM
I agree, it's like a ticking time bomb!

No! I don't want to have anymore nightmares about Yellowstone blowing up, that's some really scary chit!

chefist

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 30, 2015, 10:57:16 PM

absolutely!

Steven.G

This may be my favorite show so far.  The flow,  information,  questions thus far have been excellent.

ChandlersDad

I'd love to have this guest debate Stan Deyo, who proclaims that he can predict earthquakes (but doesn't publicly do so because the "guvmint" will come down on him).

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: ChandlersDad on July 30, 2015, 10:56:16 PM
I've been to Hawaii many times, but live there? All you have to do is look at it on a globe. It is a tiny teensy weensy blob of land above the waves in the middle of nowhere. Everything has to be brought in by cargo ship. As a white person, you really are on "foreign" land as far as the locals are concerned. The more people who move there, the more of the beauty is destroyed to build tract houses.
never had a problem but i dont walk around in life thinking IM A WHITE MAN that attitude get u killd an fed to sharks. But as a human who duznt judge others I THRIVE IN HAWAII @ 19.5°😯💨💨💨

PathoJen

Quote from: ChandlersDad on July 30, 2015, 10:41:50 PM
Psychologists call this magical thinking. It is common in children, but tends to go away for most people.
Thank you for enlightening me on this. I googled it and it is me to a tea. I'm amazed my picture isn't on the definition page.

ItsOver

Wow.  A discussion about Hawaii and volcanoes but no escalator. 

Steve Quayle should tell the guest when God will send the big one to destroy all the sinners.