• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

sleep

Started by Robert, July 24, 2015, 01:17:15 AM

Robert

Maybe this is a FAQ here: How do you get to sleep after staying up for this stuff?

With Noory I was satisfied to fall asleep any time w most guests.  With Art Bell I'm napping in advance, then getting up & listening, as I used to, & then...how do I turn back off?  Anybody got any tips?  Don't tell me to turn Noory on after Bell -- might be too great a price.

ksm32

I'm an alcoholic, I sleep very well thank you.

Unless I plan on calling in to the show, I can listen to it the next day.   I work with fast rotating blades that can cut my fingers off in a millisecond. Not fucking around with that. If it's a work night? I value my beauty, and ugly sleep.

I'm sure Art would understand.

ksm32

Quote from: Catsmile on July 24, 2015, 01:20:46 AM

That is the best response to anything I've ever seen in this forum.

HA!!!

Hautex

Quote from: Robert on July 24, 2015, 01:17:15 AM
Maybe this is a FAQ here: How do you get to sleep after staying up for this stuff?

With Noory I was satisfied to fall asleep any time w most guests.  With Art Bell I'm napping in advance, then getting up & listening, as I used to, & then...how do I turn back off?  Anybody got any tips?  Don't tell me to turn Noory on after Bell -- might be too great a price.
Been using isochronic, binaural, and other brain entrainment technology for quite awhile and getting to sleep whenever I need to is no longer a problem. If you try this, be sure you have ear buds rated for very low frequencies. Found Shure-215's really do the best since, being a side sleeper, they are flat inside my ears. The technology stems from frequencies our brains generate in EEG's, and from subsequent research that showed actual brain reaction to certain frequencies. It's said that a couple months of brain entrainment use, equals the efforts of folks who have meditated for 20+ years. All I know for sure is my sleep is deeper, my dream clarity is amazing and I wake up. Selfishly, I hope to improve lucid dreaming, OBE's and eventually locating the locker room of the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders from the comfort of my bed... ;D You want to look 1st into deep theta frequencies because they focus peace, tranquility, and relaxation. Best of luck in your efforts....

NightsAtSea

Quote from: Robert on July 24, 2015, 01:17:15 AM

I'm an insomniac and a very delicate sleeper, but I hear melatonin works for a lot of folks.

ksm32

Quote from: NightsAtSea on July 24, 2015, 02:01:02 PM
I'm an insomniac and a very delicate sleeper, but I hear melatonin works for a lot of folks.

You have the double whammy! I had that for about ten years.

Watch your dosage. Melatonin can backfire big time. It does work, but experiment a little. If you buy it in a capsule, gently pour some out in to a little water. If it's in pill form, just bite off about a third night one.  If you take the usual recommended dosage? You better sleep for about 10-12 hours to sleep it off.    If you don't? You are an angry zombie the next day, and NO! it does not clear up as the hours pass.

Also, if you take it turn the lights out and get mellow for a little while and go to bed within 25 minutes of taking it. If you miss your window? You won't sleep!   You will lO'_'Ok  at the clock every 20-40 minutes dreading sun up.  It's no picnic!