• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150719 - Art Bell Open Lines Test Show - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 19, 2015, 12:33:56 PM

Quick Karl

Quote from: Gassy Man on July 20, 2015, 03:53:57 PM
Redacted is obviously intelligent and articulate and is not a professional broadcaster.  To jump up and down on her for doing the best she could is silly.  It's one thing to react to the notion of a sidekick, which I agree Art does not need.  That's too 1980s morning drive show.  Art does fine on his own -- many of us tune in just to listen to him, after all.  But beating up Redacted for not being a seasoned professional is unfair.  If people didn't care for her, that's fine.  Just say so.  And Art got the message about that.  Trashing Redacted accomplishes little except kick someone while they are down.

I'm not jumping in out of some misguided sense of paternalism or because she strikes me as someone who may need someone to defend her.  But fair is fair.

I am sure that 99% of the people jumping on her, are just jealous of her good fortune.

Sabu2K

Quote from: Quick Karl on July 20, 2015, 06:34:56 PM
I am sure that 99% of the people jumping on her, are just jealous of her good fortune.

I guess i'm part of the 1% cause i don't want any co-hosting ever. I LOVE George Knapp. Art is 1a..Knapp is 1b for me. If Art announced Knapp was gonna co-host open lines i'd hate it. I want Art Bell one on one with guest and callers.

Quote from: PathoJen on July 20, 2015, 05:10:36 PM
"The other place"....All of the posters were calling us that.

:D

Like a bad "Lost" episode, eh??

DanTSX

Maybe 80%, but I think you are generally correct.

Suggest we forgo the redacted talk in tonight's Hancock thread. There are multiple threads for that already. I just want to hear/talk about Hancock.

onan

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 20, 2015, 07:29:21 PM
Suggest we forgo the redacted talk in tonight's Hancock thread. There are multiple threads for that already. I just want to hear/talk about Hancock.

Wise words indeed

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 20, 2015, 07:29:21 PM

Yep, but I just wanted to tell Karl that at last, we have found mutual ground, praise be!  ;D

Catsmile

Quote from: seanp2500 on July 20, 2015, 04:28:15 PM
So happy this man has returned to radio.  Slightly confused though.  Is there no chat "room"?  Only a thread?  Thanks to anyone who can advise...

No.
Yes.

dan7800

Just listening to the 1st show now. I only made it through ~20 minutes last night.

What a great show. So glad Art is back.

dan7800

I just heard Jazz calling in. I cannot believe he had the guts to call in after he caused Art to quit last time.

ItsOver

Quote from: PathoJen on July 20, 2015, 04:11:16 PM
I checked it out.., it was tame., nothing nasty or disrespectful at all...just opinions that are different from Who's opinion. NBD. I'm more offended by the fact that they refer to BellGab as "The other place" Wtf.
Wait.  I thought they were "the other place."

Upgreyed

Two years later, I'm back.  Can't wait for tonight. 

Knine

I am so excited about Art being back! I started with c2c back in the early 90's. :)

Knine

Gassy Man

:)

Gassy Man

Art is in good form tonight.  Sounds like himself.  This is like listening to that other show before what's his face took over.

CornyCrow

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 20, 2015, 05:54:33 PM
Quoted for truth!

How anyone could make any discerning judgement from her brief appearance is beyond me. At least most people are being honest and saying it wouldn't matter who the co-host for open lines would be, that they just don't like change.

Well, it's not 1998 anymore people, try something new. You might find out you like it.
Well, I am also being honest in saying that I embrace change, but GOOD change. 
She was not a good fit for the show.  Art must have seen that, too.
That's not to say that she may be a wonderful person, but we cannot be all things to all people, nor can we be good at everything we attempt.
Art, if he is to have a co-host, needs someone who approaches his caliber, not a newbie.  Maybe he was unfair in giving her that 'chance' which made her go in over her head.
Again, there are people to whom Art responds with an immediate enthusiasm, like that guy from NBC on the trial show.  You can hear it in his voice.  You want THAT sort of rapport between people running a show.  You see that sometimes in couples, almost as though they are sharing the same mind for a bit. 

Redacted is fine.  I hope she has a good life.  She just sounds like the opposite of Art - that's not a bad thing, just reality. 

PremRatHater

Quote from: CornyCrow on July 21, 2015, 09:36:05 AM
Well, I am also being honest in saying that I embrace change, but GOOD change. 
She was not a good fit for the show.  Art must have seen that, too.
That's not to say that she may be a wonderful person, but we cannot be all things to all people, nor can we be good at everything we attempt.
Art, if he is to have a co-host, needs someone who approaches his caliber, not a newbie.  Maybe he was unfair in giving her that 'chance' which made her go in over her head.
Again, there are people to whom Art responds with an immediate enthusiasm, like that guy from NBC on the trial show.  You can hear it in his voice.  You want THAT sort of rapport between people running a show.  You see that sometimes in couples, almost as though they are sharing the same mind for a bit. 

Redacted is fine.  I hope she has a good life.  She just sounds like the opposite of Art - that's not a bad thing, just reality.

Meh.

EET

No "sit-in" or "co-host" needed or desired. I would rather Mr. Bell just use replays during nights off or only use Richard C. Hoagland. I remember when Mr. Bell helped the C2C owners to choose Snoory. Mr. Bell use to say "He gets it." in reference to Snoory. That didn't work out so well because they were trying to capitalize on Art and there is only one Art Bell. Since this is Art's Show when he retires from doing it then I for one will no longer subscribe to it or listen to it. The same goes for Richard's show! Any wannabe who wants to have their own show should organize it on their own and not attempt to piggy-back their desires on someone who is famous and successful.

Jackstar

Quote from: EET on July 25, 2015, 10:37:03 AM
I would rather Mr. Bell just use replays during nights off or only use Richard C. Hoagland.

I don't think you're taking this show seriously.

James_Smith

Quote from: WOTR on July 19, 2015, 10:25:24 PM
HAHA... James wins the first international caller. :P

Hi, I'm James.. The very first international caller from Australia.. Sorry I trumped you there Jaz!

I must say, a little surprised to see me talked about in the third person on a forum I've never been on before. Oh well, long live the Bell!

PremRatHater

Quote from: James_Smith on July 28, 2015, 10:25:02 PM
Hi, I'm James.. The very first international caller from Australia.. Sorry I trumped you there Jaz!

I must say, a little surprised to see me talked about in the third person on a forum I've never been on before. Oh well, long live the Bell!

Welcome! It seems that around here, if your not being talked about... your unloved. (Personal observation, I could be wron... nah!)