• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Setting the stage for WWIII...Obama as Chamberlain.....Armageddon coming?

Started by 21st Century Man, July 15, 2015, 02:50:00 PM

Jackstar

QuoteCall the skeptics names like "conspiracy theorist," "nut," "ranter," "kook," "crackpot," and of course, "rumor monger." You must then carefully avoid fair and open debate with any of the people you have thus maligned.

Wax indignant. This is also known as the "how dare you?" gambit.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 19, 2015, 01:39:34 PM
Has a psychiatrist ever written a paper on you? They ought to.

I understand that you miss all the attention you received as a child, but I am not your doctor.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 19, 2015, 12:45:51 AM
Your implication being that Christianity isn't a liberal minded philosophy. Jesus was right wing? Okay. I've been to Kenya several times, lovely people who deserve better. But has nothing to do with what religion they subscribe to; it's predominantly Christian because it's a former British colonial outpost, not because they woke up one day and decided on it. One of the most friendly, giving people I met was a Muslim fisherman.

Christianity has conservative traits as well as liberal traits.  To say that it doesn't means you really have not read and absorbed the Gospels. I'm not going to get into a full blown discussion on this thread unless you press me to do so.  I will have you know that my Kenyan friends are Catholics as are many of their fellow tribesmen.  Hardly a result of British colonialism.  If they were truly influenced by the British as much as you think they are, they would be Anglican. To make such an absurd comment that they are Christians  merely because of British influence is a hasty dismissal of other influences that have permeated their culture.

Furthermore, my Kenyan friends are conservatives and they have no love for the Obama presidency. However, we both agree that the Kenyans are a wonderful people.

Claudius

Ok so I've been lurking on this forum for about a year now and just thought I would comment on this thread. To begin with I currently attend one of the most prestigious International Studies masters programs in the U.S., have close ties to the IC, and I specialize in Iran. (I'm not saying this to brag or something like that I'm only mentioning it because I want to establish some base as to where my opinions come from)

I'm not here to proselytize about the deal, or as to what I think was right or wrong, and I understand that this topic makes some people... emotional.  ;D But what I want to know from those of you who think the deal was bad is, what should have been done instead? There are really only three different paths this could have gone down:

A) The U.S. and the EU continue their sanctions of Iran and do little to meaningfully prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon.
B) The U.S. and the EU reach a deal with Iran in order to prevent a rapid breakout of Iran's nuclear program, and hopefully integrate Iran into the international community.
C) Military strikes against Iranian facilities (which would most definitely be done by Israel).   

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 25, 2015, 03:05:35 PM
   Christianity has conservative traits as well as liberal traits.  To say that it doesn't means you really have not read and absorbed the Gospels. I'm not going to get into a full blown discussion on this thread unless you press me to do so.  I will have you know that my Kenyan friends are Catholics as are many of their fellow tribesmen.  Hardly a result of British colonialism.  If they were truly influenced by the British as much as you think they are, they would be Anglican. To make such an absurd comment that they are Christians  merely because of British influence is a hasty dismissal of other influences that have permeated their culture.

Which other country had such influence on Kenya if not GB? Of course there are Catholic and Anglican, Muslim with a small Hindi and Sikh influence. Catholics came via missionaries. Lots of missionaries carved through the 'Dark Continent'.
GB built the railways across the country from Nairobi to Mombassa.

Furthermore, my Kenyan friends are conservatives and they have no love for the Obama presidency. However, we both agree that the Kenyans are a wonderful people.

I think you'll find whoever the US president is, they won't find much love in Africa, irrespective of country from Egypt down to SA. From Ivory Coast across to Tanzania. Kenyan's aren't over keen on Germans or French either.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 28, 2015, 12:22:21 PM

I think you'll find whoever the US president is, they won't find much love in Africa, irrespective of country from Egypt down to SA. From Ivory Coast across to Tanzania. Kenyan's aren't over keen on Germans or French either.
Oddly, the younger Bush is/was fairly well liked in Africa (about the only place he is.) Even your left-wing rag The Guardian and the typical 'limousine liberal' Bono (flees Ireland to avoid taxes) have good things to say about Bush policies and programs in Africa.

One question that I never saw come up during the Iran nuke debate is what about earthquakes? Iran is one of the most seismically active regions on the globe. Leaving aside the politics or weaponization or Obama: what about the threat of earthquakes? These facilities they have build and are going to build secured, have enough water (even if earthquakes), built to withstand earthquakes, etc?

Claudius

Quote from: albrecht on July 28, 2015, 02:49:57 PM
Oddly, the younger Bush is/was fairly well liked in Africa (about the only place he is.) Even your left-wing rag The Guardian and the typical 'limousine liberal' Bono (flees Ireland to avoid taxes) have good things to say about Bush policies and programs in Africa.

One question that I never saw come up during the Iran nuke debate is what about earthquakes? Iran is one of the most seismically active regions on the globe. Leaving aside the politics or weaponization or Obama: what about the threat of earthquakes? These facilities they have build and are going to build secured, have enough water (even if earthquakes), built to withstand earthquakes, etc?

Well I don't work for NNSA  :-X so I can't really give you an answer, but my guess would be that Iranian engineers would consider that before building one of these facilities. Obviously because they don't want a meltdown, but also because if they don't build a secure facility they will be the laughingstock of the world.

Jackstar

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33819032

QuoteAll four men killed were on a list of 84 "atheist bloggers" drawn up by Islamic groups in 2013 and widely circulated.

It was originally submitted to the government with the aim of having the bloggers arrested and tried for blasphemy. The groups which wanted bloggers arrested told us they have no knowledge of who is behind the killings.

There is also a more complex backdrop to the killings. Islamic groups label all these bloggers "atheists" - and many did indeed use the internet to criticise those who believe in God.

But in fact, not all the bloggers were atheists. What they did have in common was they were part of a wider, secular movement that took to the streets in protest in 2013.

So Iran is going to inspect itself according to the UN.  This is the secret deal.  Good job, Barry and Mr. Reporting For Duty.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on August 19, 2015, 12:11:25 PM
So Iran is going to inspect itself according to the UN.  This is the secret deal.  Good job, Barry and Mr. Reporting For Duty.
Wouldn't it be nice if Obama and his agencies and government treated us as he does other countries and their people? Imagine a world in which the IRS lets you "self inspect" and takes your word with whatever audit you found during that self-inspection. I think things like a "lost hard-drive," "bump on the head," "my private server was wiped," and "self-inspection" should be valid responses to any IRS audit, requests to documents, or bank account. What is good for the goose should be good for the gander.

Not to mention the free healthcare, housing, education, legal advice, food, and in some cases even EBT cards given to illegals but if you are a citizen, or even a veteran?