Author Image posting options  (Read 751 times)

Image posting options
« on: July 15, 2015, 12:31:16 PM »
I recently noticed that when I want to post an image, I don't see the full-sized image option that used to be there.  All I can do is post thumbnails.   Did something change, or is that just another instance of new technology leaving my antiquated computing machine in the dust?  Thanks!

Re: Image posting options
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 12:36:07 PM »
I recently noticed that when I want to post an image, I don't see the full-sized image option that used to be there.  All I can do is post thumbnails.   Did something change, or is that just another instance of new technology leaving my antiquated computing machine in the dust?  Thanks!

that feature had a problem which was causing repeated entries in the forum's error log, so it had to be removed.  there will probably be a reimplementation at some point.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 12:43:48 PM »

that feature had a problem which was causing repeated entries in the forum's error log, so it had to be removed.  there will probably be a reimplementation at some point.

Thanks, MV!  I was just wondering because it looks like some people are still able to post full-sized images.

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 02:00:59 PM »
Thanks, MV!  I was just wondering because it looks like some people are still able to post full-sized images.

the best way to do images is to use the img tags around an image URL.  like this:

Code: [Select]
[img]i.ytimg.com/vi/3v5Q_dPQUYo/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 02:05:12 PM »

the best way to do images is to use the img tags around an image URL.  like this:

Code: [Select]
[img]i.ytimg.com/vi/3v5Q_dPQUYo/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]

Thanks!