Author Topic: Possible Major Cyber Attack...  (Read 1070 times)

Possible Major Cyber Attack...
« on: July 08, 2015, 11:52:02 AM »
Just saw that the Dow Industrials, United Airlines and the WSJ.com are all down...they have not said it is a cyber attack...but what are the odds?

Re: Possible Major Cyber Attack...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 12:32:38 PM »
Just saw that the Dow Industrials, United Airlines and the WSJ.com are all down...they have not said it is a cyber attack...but what are the odds?

*shrug*

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 12:43:33 PM »
The odds are 100% that They wouldn't tell Us for as long as possible.

I thought the same thing when I saw that the NYSE shut down after seeing that the airline was grounded. I did not know about WSJ.com, but it would seem to me that site would be hammered for news immediately, irregardless of the cause or causes.

Is anything else impacted? I just called all my friend and he didn't pick up, but that doesn't mean much, it's a quarter to eleven in the morning here, he's probably drinking and masturbating.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 12:44:40 PM »

I thought the same thing when I saw that the NYSE shut down after seeing that the airline was grounded. I did not know about WSJ.com, but it would seem to me that site would be hammered for news immediately, irregardless of the cause or causes.

Is anything else impacted? I just called all my friend and he didn't pick up, but that doesn't mean much, it's a quarter to eleven in the morning here, he's probably drinking and masturbating.
where does he work?

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 12:44:59 PM »

you're being inflammatory

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 12:45:20 PM »

That's called multi-tasking, sir.

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 12:51:06 PM »

Use of irregardless even in jest negates the rest of your post. Those are the rules.

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 12:57:24 PM »

Use of irregardless even in jest negates the rest of your post. Those are the rules.
he he...he put that in there because I posted that it is a "Things that Annoy You"...

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 01:02:06 PM »
he he...he put that in there because I posted that it is a "Things that Annoy You"...

which is also why I used inflammatory, hehe

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 01:03:59 PM »
so is bellgab next?

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 01:04:24 PM »
he he

hehe

I'm going to let you two work this one out in The Thunderdome.

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 01:09:53 PM »
so is bellgab next?
oh that's right! I forgot about the hacks a couple of months ago, wr...maybe they were practicing on BG first?

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 01:50:07 PM »
which is also why I used inflammatory, hehe

That's 'flammatory' to you.

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 01:53:17 PM »
It's really quite simple.  The college interns have been released and naturally, today marks the day they all were simultaneously given enough trust and authority to update the software at their respective jobs.  Today there are many interns thinking the same thing:  "was that me?"

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 09:14:11 PM »
N.P.R. was claiming a tech glitch. Now I take that with a grain of salt, but if true I stand corrected on blaming China.

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 11:36:18 AM »
N.P.R. was claiming a tech glitch. Now I take that with a grain of salt, but if true I stand corrected on blaming China.

Next time I forget to make a payment somewhere, I'm going to call up and say it was a "technical glitch."

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 11:39:26 AM »
The mmo I play is currently suffering from a DDOS attack. It's Everquest 2. Previously a Sony Online Entertainment game but there is no SOE anymore, it's Daybreak Games now.