• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Never apologize

Started by bateman, July 07, 2015, 05:07:02 PM

bateman

Quote from: bateman on July 07, 2015, 05:07:02 PM
You can never win with these maladjusted legbeard SJW's. At this rate, comedy will be extinct inside of a decade.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/07/06/dont-believe-her-defenders-amy-schumers-jokes-are-racist/?tid=pm_opinions_pop_b

Amy Schumer is the second funniest person alive ( Ron White, being first). One of the things that makes her so hilarious is nothing is sacred. She goes after anybody, everything, anywhere at any time. Last time I checked, we called that comedy.

albrecht

The weird thing is even that hit piece on her had links to the actual facts about what she was saying :o and anybody just needs to look in their local newspaper or look at places like borderlandbeat etc to know this.
http://fusion.net/story/17321/is-rape-the-price-to-pay-for-migrant-women-chasing-the-american-dream/

Comedy, like any speech, should have no (or very, very few) limits. Maybe not on public airwaves but adults should be able to joke, or talk, or listen to people joke about whatever they wish.
  Tanner Boyle: Jews, spics, niggers, and now a girl?
Amanda Whurlitzer: Grab a bat, punk!

bateman

Quote from: FightTheFuture on July 07, 2015, 05:15:35 PM
Amy Schumer is the second funniest person alive ( Ron White, being first). One of the things that makes her so hilarious is nothing is sacred. She goes after anybody, everything, anywhere at any time. Last time I checked, we called that comedy.

And she made a big mistake apologizing. Somebody needs to stand up to these people and make them choke on their self-righteous indignation and sanctimony. This will not stop otherwise.

bateman

Quote from: albrecht on July 07, 2015, 05:24:46 PM
The weird thing is even that hit piece on her had links to the actual facts about what she was saying :o and anybody just needs to look in their local newspaper or look at places like borderlandbeat etc to know this.
http://fusion.net/story/17321/is-rape-the-price-to-pay-for-migrant-women-chasing-the-american-dream/

Right? They get mad at her for making a joke about Mexicans raping everyone and then cite an article that Mexicans rape 80% of Central American girls and women crossing their country. These people are idiots.

SaucyRossy

Dude she may be funny but she's totally a SJW. So her apology was par for the course.

Jackstar

I would classify two of the jokes in the clip shown in the linked article as racist. They are also notable in that they are not funny.

I might be on to something here.

bateman

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 07, 2015, 05:32:42 PM
Dude she may be funny but she's totally a SJW. So her apology was par for the course.

Is she? I haven't followed her much, I just came across this frothing-at-the-mouth "article" about relatively benign jokes of hers.

SaucyRossy

Also her cousin is the hack asshole career senator.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: bateman on July 07, 2015, 05:36:43 PM
Is she? I haven't followed her much, I just came across this frothing-at-the-mouth "article" about relatively benign jokes of hers.

She's like the living imbodiement of SJW/Self deprecating comedy. It's also apparent she'll do or say the things she thinks people want her to do to become famous.

albrecht

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 07, 2015, 05:39:09 PM

She's like the living imbodiement of SJW/Self deprecating comedy. It's also apparent she'll do or say the things she thinks people want her to do to become famous.
I never heard of the broad and have no idea what SJW is but isn't self-deprecating comedy one of the standard comedic methods? Rodney Dangerfield, and others, made a whole career out of it. And were hilarious. Racist, sexist, sexual, ethnic, scatological, political, religious, or whatever jokes are all fine by me; if they are funny. As are jokes and routines that involve none of the above, which seem to be lacking in most modern shows and acts.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: albrecht on July 07, 2015, 05:46:30 PM
I never heard of the broad and have no idea what SJW is but isn't self-deprecating comedy one of the standard comedic methods? Rodney Dangerfield, and others, made a whole career out of it. And were hilarious. Racist, sexist, sexual, ethnic, scatological, political, religious, or whatever jokes are all fine by me; if they are funny. As are jokes and routines that involve none of the above, which seem to be lacking in most modern shows and acts.

It is the basis of great comedy but it sucks when the comedian is a fucking hypocrite. SJW stands for social justice warrior.

Eddie Coyle

Imus went on Al Sharpton's show and groveled. Then he apologized repeatedly. And still got canned.

Fuck that. Never apologize, never explain. Deny, deny, accuse.

albrecht

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 07, 2015, 06:02:08 PM

It is the basis of great comedy but it sucks when the comedian is a fucking hypocrite. SJW stands for social justice warrior.
Ah, you and Bateman have explained to me the SJW phenomena. I was aware of it but didn't know the lingo. Personally I like some "SJWs." The gals, if they are in shape, and "reclaim" the word slut with "slutwalks" dressed like hookers and the FEMEN group who protest chauvinism by dressing in lingerie and having topless protests/antics in public.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: albrecht on July 07, 2015, 06:16:43 PM
Ah, you and Bateman have explained to me the SJW phenomena. I was aware of it but didn't know the lingo. Personally I like some "SJWs." The gals, if they are in shape, and "reclaim" the word slut with "slutwalks" dressed like hookers and the FEMEN group who protest chauvinism by dressing in lingerie and having topless protests/antics in public.

I got no problem with people using their first amendment rights but don't take away others because you disagree with them.

SJW aren't just women, it's men to. And it isn't always about women's issues. Though they all are practically fascists.

albrecht

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 07, 2015, 06:20:35 PM

I got no problem with people using their first amendment rights but don't take away others because you disagree with them.

SJW aren't just women, it's men to. And it isn't always about women's issues. Though they all are practically fascists.
Oh I know, if anything the political correctness is at the point it is at is because a large silent majority goes along with the insanity and either don't want confrontation or bought into the "white guilt" and how Western Civilization and culture is the worst thing ever.

I'm just saying the SJWs I like were those chicks. I also like the antics of whatever the name of that group in the UK is about father's rights. Some crazy guys dressing up like spiderman and scaling buildings, disrupting royal events, etc. Pretty funny stuff.

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 07, 2015, 06:20:35 PMI got no problem with people using their first amendment rights but don't take away others because you disagree with them.

they don't get that part. If you disagree with then you're the problem.

SaucyRossy

And it's funny because I'm pretty liberal when it comes to most issues but I just hate hypocrites no matter the ideology.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on July 07, 2015, 05:15:35 PM

Sounds wayyyy too much like Joan Rivers...and that bitch was no comedian except in her own mind. A true comedian doesn't have to use others to draw a laugh. Schumer couldn't rank even a third rate comedian in my book. Her and that Tina Fey, have nothing nice to say about either so I will just stop now before I piss people off.

Roswells, Art

Somebody should tell this audience to stop laughing. And hurry! Think of the children!

https://youtu.be/X4cBeYAa33I

bateman

Quote from: Roswells, Art on July 07, 2015, 07:36:26 PM
Somebody should tell this audience to stop laughing. And hurry! Think of the children!

https://youtu.be/X4cBeYAa33I

They are ALL contributing to racism, sexism, misogyny, homophobia, blah blah blah akljdshla;we;a zzzzzzzzzzzz

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on July 07, 2015, 06:16:43 PM
Agree 100%

Quote from: bateman on July 07, 2015, 05:25:16 PM
And she made a big mistake apologizing. Somebody needs to stand up to these people and make them choke on their self-righteous indignation and sanctimony. This will not stop otherwise.

I agree completely. But, Amy is relatively young and new to the scene. She's experiencing some real fame and fortune now after many years of hard work. I think she made a safe career choice, albeit probably the wrong choice, in my opinion.

This reminds me of the Gary Oldman story from a year ago.
He apologized and I think the subject was dropped.

From the article:
"Gary Oldman has apologised for offending Jewish people after a US campaign group accused the Oscar-nominated British actor of peddling antisemitic stereotypes in a conversation about the disgraced star Mel Gibson. Oldman said that he was "deeply remorseful" that comments made in a recent interview with Playboy magazine had caused distress. His apology came after the Anti-Defamation League issued a statement on Tuesday rebuking the actor for stating: "Mel Gibson is in a town that's run by Jews, and he said the wrong thing because he's actually bitten the hand that I guess has fed him."
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jun/25/gary-oldman-apologises-in-antisemitism-row-mel-gibson

ItsOver

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 07, 2015, 06:15:15 PM

Imus went on Al Sharpton's show and groveled. Then he apologized repeatedly. And still got canned.

Fuck that. Never apologize, never explain. Deny, deny, accuse.
Absolutely.  It's all one big game to this ilk, anyway.

Quote from: ItsOver on July 07, 2015, 10:16:23 PM
Absolutely.  It's all one big game to this ilk, anyway.
Fat Al Sharpton was a bigtime snitch & operative for the Feds back in the day. Anyone who thinks he hasn't moved on up to higher level gov't operations is fooling themselves. The fucker looks like he has aids or something nowadays.
Edited to add:
http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/investigation/al-sharpton-764312
Check him out looking all thug O.G. and shit. Cracks me up.

Quick Karl

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 07, 2015, 10:22:24 PM
Fat Al Sharpton was a bigtime snitch & operative for the Feds back in the day. Anyone who thinks he hasn't moved on up to higher level gov't operations is fooling themselves. The fucker looks like he has aids or something nowadays.
Edited to add:
http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/investigation/al-sharpton-764312
Check him out looking all thug O.G. and shit. Cracks me up.

50-years of liberal mantra is exploding in America's face.

Quote from: Quick Karl on July 07, 2015, 10:34:23 PM
50-years of liberal mantra is exploding in America's face.
Liberal/Conservative....they are equally both to blame. The F.B.I. would be difficult to label as liberal back in those days. Tis nothing more than a one party system with two factions. They both support the same common objectives. Bought & paid for, the rest is just lip service. Granted there are a few exceptions but they rarely serve more than one term.