• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I finally cut the cord....

Started by ShayP, July 06, 2015, 11:55:54 PM

ShayP

After 8 years of being a Coast Insider I finally did it.  I canceled my subscription.

I've considered it for a few years now but I figured "Hey, what the heck.  I can still hear George Knapp and give these other hosts a shot."  Nope.

Not good enough.  I don't hear enough Knapp to warrant my sacrifice, and as much as I tried to force myself to like the other hosts...*sigh*...It's like dating someone out of pity or being in a loveless marriage.  Trust me, I've been on the wrong end of both.

No.  It's not worth it.

I made any excuse to keep downloading these podcasts onto my hard drive only to delete most of them.  I have tried to listen only to fast forward through nearly every segment.

This was a difficult decision.  C2C was something I really liked at one time.  At least (even though I was late to the party) I learned about Art Bell.  That being said....I also have listened to every Somewhere in Time with Art Bell that is available on C2C more times than I can recall.  Nonetheless......Art is back and until he is live with the new program, I have been filling my ears with the channels that are already on TuneIn.

Anyhoo BellGabbers....I'm sure I have your support in my decision.  I fear I may go through withdrawals.  Force of habit...ya know?  I'll try to be strong. 

zeebo

Quote from: ShayP on July 06, 2015, 11:55:54 PM
After 8 years of being a Coast Insider I finally did it.  I canceled my subscription.

I've considered it for a few years now but I figured "Hey, what the heck.  I can still hear George Knapp and give these other hosts a shot."  Nope.

Not good enough. ...

Well done Shay.  I'm sure many here agree with your assessment.

nicholas322

I just did last night, I quit!. There was a gentleman on from "the electric universe" explaining how the universe is electric etc. and Nori said to him after his explanation "I guess we will never know how the universe works"
The guy just explained it to you! What don't you understand? I finally realized that he is not even listening. I used to think he just does not care and it's just a check to him but now I truly believe he is malicious. He does not care about the guests or the subjects. Of course I am waiting for Art just like everyone who has a brain.
Thank god, the aliens and everyone who is helping Art come back. But I have an idea. What ever happened to Michael Jacksons Chimp? He should fill in for Nori a couple of days a week and we should pick who is better.

NightsAtSea

I am trying to gather the willpower to cut ties as well. I think I've been clinging to the lame excuse that I can't find that type of content elsewhere, but it's time to get realistic; between Darkness Radio and Art's new show I'm more than covered.

zeebo

Quote from: NightsAtSea on July 16, 2015, 03:43:53 PM
I am trying to gather the willpower to cut ties as well. I think I've been clinging to the lame excuse that I can't find that type of content elsewhere, but it's time to get realistic; between Darkness Radio and Art's new show I'm more than covered.

I've never been a Coast Insider but have listened to Coast for years.  I've recently weaned myself off of it, realizing it was just something I was just doing out of habit.  Now I just occasionally tune in for laughs.

It just makes sense as these days Coast continues to slide while other options like Dark City, The Unexplained, Big Picture Science and of course MITD offer much better fare.  (I still tune in to Knapp shows though.)

Oswald

I cancelled about a year ago. And with this new push for that occult dating service, I really have lost interest in the show most of the time. Art couldn't be coming back at a better time as far as I'm concerned.

eben

I listen to coast everyday while working, I loved that you could hear last nights show the next day.

With that being said, there was a time when I actually listen to the show. These days I put my headphone and it's like background noise. Most the time I don't even know what the heck they are talking about. When Knapp is on, I tend to actually listen more. I can't wait till Art's show comes on. I may cancel my Coast insiders too if Art's show is going to allow next day streaming. I don't know what it is about Noory, because I didn't mind too much when he took over.... After all Art can't do the show forever...but over the years Noory just seem to be going through the motions and not doing a good job interview the guess.

It's almost like the guess is talking and Noory is like uh-huh, yeah, uh-huh....like not pay attention and bored himself.

Also the guess themselves seem to be boring.... the other day there was show about Witches Wands.....hour and haft about wands....Really....it's a f--king stick??? Another time I kinda zoned out and the show became background noise.

As crazy (and let me put that in caps CRAZY) as RCH was, he was at  lease he was entertaining.  Now he's off the show. I actually liked George Noory and thought he was a good replacement for Art. I hope C2C get's there act together and George Noory comes back to life while on the air, and I hope Art's show goes well too. 

Why...because two good shows is better than one.

eben

Oh one other thing that just gets under my skin with coast lately...

The fact they must be taking money from advertiser for air time,  it's only reason I can think of they keep letting Benjamin Fuchs on the air . This moron sells a "miracle" pill that cures all, like grandmas tonic. This dude is so full crap it's ridiculous....every  time he comes on, I skip those hours. Then think wow, what a new low for the show.  Criticalhealthnews.com is the dumbest site.
Benjamin thinks his "tang" supplements cures cancer. For coast to go on air and endorse this moron once a month.....well it's just sad. If they cared about the listener that would let people like this on the air.

Quote from: eben on July 16, 2015, 09:21:58 PM
Oh one other thing that just gets under my skin with coast lately...

The fact they must be taking money from advertiser for air time,  it's only reason I can think of they keep letting Benjamin Fuchs on the air . This moron sells a "miracle" pill that cures all, like grandmas tonic. This dude is so full crap it's ridiculous....every  time he comes on, I skip those hours. Then think wow, what a new low for the show.  Criticalhealthnews.com is the dumbest site.
Benjamin thinks his "tang" supplements cures cancer. For coast to go on air and endorse this moron once a month.....well it's just sad. If they cared about the listener that would let people like this on the air.

Fuch that guy

Howdareu

Also you can find full time streams of old art bell shows by searching "art bell" on tunein.com

henge0stone

If Noory has a guest who is good and you basically have no good questions for them I might give it a listen. I can't stand the obvious questions not being asked, and Noory repeating questions that were answered already, and he does this A LOT to the point where you really have to wonder if he is listening or not.

eben

Quote from: henge0stone on July 18, 2015, 07:54:56 AM
If Noory has a guest who is good and you basically have no good questions for them I might give it a listen. I can't stand the obvious questions not being asked, and Noory repeating questions that were answered already, and he does this A LOT to the point where you really have to wonder if he is listening or not.

Funny you say that, I went back and listen to the last show RCH did. I was only haft-ass listen but remember RCH talking about this 19.5 angle alignment like 5 times. Later he was talking about some other alignments and ask Noory to guess the angle...what alignments, I don't remember because I was only haft listening, but with me just 1/2 listening I knew the answer was 19.5.....When RCH asked Noory he was like "hummmm...33?" I am not even paying attention and I knew the answer.

I think maybe Noory has one too many of those Medical Marijuana shows.