• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Behold: Our New American Culture

Started by FightTheFuture, July 06, 2015, 08:54:46 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on August 27, 2015, 08:26:32 AM
Ha. I just wonder about the obsession of foreigners over the US politics, guns, etc. Is it really that bad over there these days? Or really do you people feel so non-important on the world stage? I've haven't visited in a while; I'm sorry it is going so poorly. It is only your fault. Sure you can blame us for that war a long time ago, and trying again, but get over it. Move on. Empire is gone. Your country is gone. Your masters are foreigners. Maybe, culturally and economically, you can blame the US but politically you should be blaming your politicians of the past, and bow to Brussels, Luxembourg, and Strasbourg. So just nod to the Muslims and immigrants and let them take over your streets, shuffle back to your house (or is it just a flat,) and post stuff on the internet. I would pity you but it is funny, sort of. More sad. Had freedom, culture, and influence. Now resort to losing at sports you created and posting on websites about shows not even broadcasted in the England, or the UK! A person from a once proud country desperately trying to claim influence, or even news-worthiness, which, at this point, arguably can only come from The City, maybe, when it comes to LIBOR or a failed bank or inopportune gold sale or something. Or in remake reality and quiz shows- ugh. That is the British cultural export now around the world- besides British people moving elsewhere. Sad, indeed, because I love the food and beer and people there (not the immigrants but the citizens.) No surprise that so many get out to Australia, here, Canada, - or anywhere they can go!

Eh?

paladin1991

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 26, 2015, 09:25:25 PM
  Shocking. Vester Flanagan was upset when told it was inappropriate to wear an Obama pin while covering elections. This guy would have not received the death penalty. His IQ was probably sub-80.

Wait a minute.  I'm confused.  Vester Flanagen.  That's his problem right there.  What Irishman wants to be called 'Vester?'
Can you imagine the 'Uncle Fester' jokes that must have scalded his personal sense of self?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 27, 2015, 09:51:51 AM
Eh?

I raise your 'eh?' and give you a 'what the fuck?'.

Surely it's too early over there to be on the pop at this time?

Quick Karl

Quote from: albrecht on August 27, 2015, 08:26:32 AM
Ha. I just wonder about the obsession of foreigners over the US politics, guns, etc. Is it really that bad over there these days? Or really do you people feel so non-important on the world stage? I've haven't visited in a while; I'm sorry it is going so poorly. It is only your fault. Sure you can blame us for that war a long time ago, and trying again, but get over it. Move on. Empire is gone. Your country is gone. Your masters are foreigners. Maybe, culturally and economically, you can blame the US but politically you should be blaming your politicians of the past, and bow to Brussels, Luxembourg, and Strasbourg. So just nod to the Muslims and immigrants and let them take over your streets, shuffle back to your house (or is it just a flat,) and post stuff on the internet. I would pity you but it is funny, sort of. More sad. Had freedom, culture, and influence. Now resort to losing at sports you created and posting on websites about shows not even broadcasted in the England, or the UK! A person from a once proud country desperately trying to claim influence, or even news-worthiness, which, at this point, arguably can only come from The City, maybe, when it comes to LIBOR or a failed bank or inopportune gold sale or something. Or in remake reality and quiz shows- ugh. That is the British cultural export now around the world- besides British people moving elsewhere. Sad, indeed, because I love the food and beer and people there (not the immigrants but the citizens.) No surprise that so many get out to Australia, here, Canada, - or anywhere they can go!

It is the result of being an absolute nothing in life, and of being so insignificant to everyone around him, that this is his only outlet for human interaction -- notice, only a very few equally repugnant scumbags are a part of his clique of seething envious malcontents.

paladin1991

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 26, 2015, 09:48:38 PM
I asked a black friend of mine that has been whining about black lives for the last 6-months, while ignoring every incidence of black on white crime,

He got mad at me a called me a racist...
Hmmmmm.  I asked a pontificating co-worker if it was just black lives that matter.  Later I was advised by mgmt that my question could be 'deemed to have racial aspects that would reflect negatively on me.'  This ginger serial dater of black men had gone to mgmt to complain that I was racist.  I was further advised that if another complaint 'of this nature' were logged, I could find myself transferred and, or, disciplined.

This is not my kuntry.

paladin1991

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on August 26, 2015, 11:22:34 PM

Four years ago we had a major shooting in Seal Beach where a man went into a nail salon his ex-wife was working at and shot her and eight others.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Seal_Beach_shooting
This one is about a half mile fm my store.

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 27, 2015, 04:25:27 AM

ROFL.. nicely sidestepped to avoid that elephant in the room; background checks? He he.
background checks?  Mandatory here in the US.  Not once but with every purchase IIRC.  It's been a coons age since I purchased a firearm. 
Don't need 'em.  I am the weapon.  Everything else is just a possability.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 27, 2015, 10:17:28 AM
It is the result of being an absolute nothing in life, and of being so insignificant to everyone around him, that this is his only outlet for human interaction -- notice, only a very few equally repugnant scumbags are a part of his clique of seething envious malcontents.

I can't think who he means. This guy talks in riddles, which is what I find most sexy about him.

Agreed about the scumbags, repugnant bastards every rotten one of them, scumming around in their bags like they think they own the fucking place. Oh, and don't get me started on those envious malcontents too...

It's me and you against the world, big guy. Where are we going moose fucking vacationing this year? Remember, you can't always be the bottom because I have a bad back.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 27, 2015, 09:51:51 AM
Eh?
I'm just curious on the thinking of commenting in so much detail, and apparent concern, about politics or culture of another country and on a forum about a show that never even broadcast in one's own country. Bizarre, and a little sad.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on August 27, 2015, 10:52:35 AM
I'm just curious on the thinking of commenting in so much detail, and apparent concern, about politics or culture of another country and on a forum about a show that never even broadcast in one's own country. Bizarre, and a little sad.

It's called 'not being insular'. Just because something happens in another country doesn't mean it isn't important for everyone else, or of interest. I know this is slightly perplexing for some Americans who have barely heard of other countries, and evince very little interest in them. You can't pull up the drawbridge and pretend the world will go away. How there was even a debate that you should not have got involved in WW2 still perplexes me.

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 27, 2015, 11:01:25 AM
It's called 'not being insular'. Just because something happens in another country doesn't mean it isn't important for everyone else, or of interest. I know this is slightly perplexing for some Americans who have barely heard of other countries, and evince very little interest in them. You can't pull up the drawbridge and pretend the world will go away. How there was even a debate that you should not have got involved in WW2 still perplexes me.
It is not perplexing, just sad. That people need to find interest or problems with other countries since theirs, apparently, doesn't have influence or matter anymore (at least in their mind.)

There is not much debate about WWII, or WWI, though it could be argued, I guess, by some. By initial nature of the country we didn't want to get involved in foreign wars or entanglements (this has changed.) But it is not popular opinion, at least now, saying we shouldn't have gone. I'm sure there are fringe thinkers who would advocate not getting involved at all or picking the other side (like Chamberlain, Mosley, Lindbergh, etc) but, at least now, there aren't many here that would advocate not getting into it. Actually, might be a reason why we continue to try to meddle and get involved in just about any war or conflict we can- to our detriment and criticism from other countries. (Of course, I would rather let others sort their own business out but sometimes that is not possible.)

With regard to the world, it is more about size (some whole countries in Europe etc are not much bigger than several counties in my state, much less compare the size of the state or country to many others) and time; we don't get as much vacation time as Europeans or British, for the most part, and even then it is a pain to travel overseas now: cost/time wise. (Airlines get worse and worse for comfort unless business class, jetlag, the stupid TSA and customs, etc.) So unless you work, go to school, go to war, invest, overseas or take some time off you don't get a chance to see many foreign countries. The other problem is simple economics (pay for a trip abroad or buy something else or go somewhere here, considering the variety of places one can go?) But, heck, all those people are coming here (a guy from Newcastle just moved in two houses down even) so we get our "cultural" experiences forced upon us! Stuff in Spanish (even voting) and Korean radio stations even, not to mention the Mosque and Jewish Community center and the Sikh who runs the gas station by me. We see all the world just going about our business. hahaha

paladin1991

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 27, 2015, 11:01:25 AM

Where are you fm?  Just curious, no arm bending.  If you are afraid to answer because you think you might get beat on, I get it, it can be a little rough in here.
We Americans are bombarded by the soundbites of a very partisan and Amero-centric news industry.   Sometimes I will have my wife translate the Stuttgarter Zeitung for me.  A different viewpoint. 
Here, at BG, I have Yorkie to reach out to for clarity via PM's, on his viewpoint or on what might be the pulse of England, bloody England.
We Americans are very opinionated at times.  I guess just like folks anywhere.

Just trying to lower the drawbridge here.  Wait, I don't think we had castles with drawbridges.  *shrug*

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 27, 2015, 12:57:30 PM
Just trying to lower the drawbridge here.  Wait, I don't think we had castles with drawbridges.  *shrug*

we don't need no stinkin drawbridge!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 27, 2015, 12:57:30 PM
Where are you fm?  Just curious, no arm bending.  If you are afraid to answer because you think you might get beat on, I get it, it can be a little rough in here.

Just outside London, where all the best people live (I can hear his Northern Highness snorting in derision - the truth hurts, that's all  ;) ). Jeez, I thought we had gone back and forth enough times for you to have remembered that. I'm not angry, just a little hurt (sniff!)

I think I can handle myself among you big rough boys, thanks!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on August 27, 2015, 11:20:12 AM
(a guy from Newcastle just moved in two houses down even)

;D

Good luck understanding the Geordie accent. Even we have trouble with it when they get excited.

I hope you don't get him excited  ;)

RickySsan

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 27, 2015, 10:10:52 AM
Surely it's too early over there to be on the pop at this time?

Never to early, or too late.

paladin1991

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 28, 2015, 07:02:41 AM
Just outside London, where all the best people live (I can hear his Northern Highness snorting in derision - the truth hurts, that's all  ;) ). Jeez, I thought we had gone back and forth enough times for you to have remembered that. I'm not angry, just a little hurt (sniff!)

Sorry if I don't remember details.  It's a TBI. Sometimes I just can't make connections.  I'm lucky though, I'm not fucked up.  I can still function without physical assistance, drive a car, scratch my balls, etc. 

Eddie Coyle

What Roanoke shootings have made clear:

That if you kill media members, the media will not hesitate to report on that killer's unwashed dildoes(sic? very) and tons of pictures of himself in his cat feces-strewn abode.

BellBoy

Just outside London, where all the best people live

Inside or outside the M25? (Enquiring minds want to know!)

Yorkshire pud

Just outside London, where all the best people live

Slurry? My bruv lives near Reading in a posh village. So I can't be too disparaging..

(I can hear his Northern Highness snorting in derision

Moi? Oh you've got me all wrong. Is it the flat beer that makes you say that?

- the truth hurts, that's all  ;) ). Jeez, I thought we had gone back and forth enough times for you to have remembered that. I'm not angry, just a little hurt (sniff!)

He he..Southerners eh? Bless em.

albrecht

"There are a lot of people whose lives have been adversely affected by the unrestricted flow of urine on the streets of San Francisco."
http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-0828-abcarian-sf-urine-20150828-column.html
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/City-lamp-post-falls-and-urine-was-a-factor-6424634.php
"I watched a group of small schoolchildren ushered across the street like ducklings by their teachers, who steered them around an unconscious man on the sidewalk and warned them to avoid stepping in two separate piles of excrement that I assumed were canine in origin.
"You sure about that?" asked Nuru's spokeswoman, Rachel Gordon."

SredniVashtar

Quote from: BellBoy on August 28, 2015, 01:26:06 PM
Inside or outside the M25? (Enquiring minds want to know!)

Inside. Not too far from Hampton Court.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 28, 2015, 01:35:06 PM

He he..Southerners eh? Bless em.

I've tried venturing north but I just can't handle all the injections, and if I go much further than Watford I start to get nosebleeds.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 28, 2015, 12:20:04 PM
I'm lucky though, I'm not fucked up.  I can still function without physical assistance, drive a car, scratch my balls, etc.

I am afraid that your list of attributes is unlikely to win you a medal at the annual Falkie Awards for most fucked-up human parasite.

You share a common interest in ball-scratching though, which I think we can consider George's life's work.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 29, 2015, 05:17:20 AM
I've tried venturing north but I just can't handle all the injections, and if I go much further than Watford I start to get nosebleeds.

It's  trait that seems common with the southern Nancy boys. The M1 doesn't go to Scotlandshire either.

I'm from Yorkshire me. I am.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2015, 06:07:47 AM
It's  trait that seems common with the southern Nancy boys. The M1 doesn't go to Scotlandshire either.

I'm from Yorkshire me. I am.

I am not going to descend to crude North-South stereotypes, you flat-cap-wearing, ferret-fucking, tightwad BASTARD!!!

I shall just let Rodders speak for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 29, 2015, 06:21:04 AM
I am not going to descend to crude North-South stereotypes, you flat-cap wearing, ferret-fucking, tightwad BASTARD!!!

I shall just let Rodders speak for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

Typical below the belt southern sorry tactic! Get em all teary....double bastard. I've got snot all up t'sleeve of t'smock now.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2015, 06:24:26 AM
Typical below the belt southern sorry tactic! Get em all teary....double bastard. I've got snot all up t'sleeve of t'smock now.

Oh, a smock! How lah-dee-dah! I didn't realise you were so affluent. I have to wear something made out of leaves.

Really, these pansified rich bastards with their fancy clothes make me puke!!

albrecht

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 29, 2015, 08:48:35 AM
Well, at least black lives still matter.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_DEPUTY_SHOT_HOUSTON?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-08-29-06-33-34
Sad. This will increase as diversity and rhetoric from the President and pressure groups keep on. But as Obama likely said, he was just a "typical white person" who cares? I'll wager the "dark-complected male" -as described in some articles but not in most articles- which is odd if they are trying to get the public's help to find him. Although, I guess most just assume these days?- is of the typical Obama core-constituency and so not much media attention, and certainly Obama and his minions won't be pushing "hate" investigations, lowering flags, having incendiary press conferences, etc.