• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bella-Haven is Live

Started by nbirnes, July 01, 2015, 12:44:24 AM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on January 22, 2016, 08:56:27 AM
Well, Ms. C.  Sad to say, in our building, we have 18 floors, 12 apartments on each one.  Two 40 year old elevators that break down regularly, and shut down automatically when the fire alarm goes off, and two cracked and narrow concrete stairwells for fire escapes.  We have people with wheelchairs, walkers, etc, so even cooking is scary in our building.  Our fire alarms are set to go off very easily, even toast can set them off.  We are not supposed to have candles or oil lamps.  we are still allowed to have those plug in wax scenters.  Thats not to say nobody HAS candles or oil lamps, but in this urban high rise, even the thought of people cooking is scary.
But at least the view is nice, right? :)

BellBoy

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 22, 2016, 08:45:05 AM
If my opinion of you wasn't already at rock bottom, I would be ashamed of you for that pitiful bid for attention. Anyway, you left out 'hot'.

Oh! So now Lucas this hypothetical love interest is 'HOT' too?! Ooooooooo! Isn't that the way it always is! I put on a few pounds, maybe forget to change my underpants quite often enough... There's ol' SredniVashtar, off to clubs and on the prowl!

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 22, 2016, 08:57:44 AM
But at least the view is nice, right? :)

OH yeah, I can go to the hall window of any floor, and get a different view of Niagara Falls.  Out my particular end of the building I can sit at my table by the window, and watch my neighbors walking back and fourth from the grocery store, and watch all the fire trucks, police cars, ambulances, and the coroners car pull in and out of the front driveway.  I can hear people  talking ourside, heck, I can even hear when the mail truck is here :D 

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on January 22, 2016, 09:04:21 AM
OH yeah, I can go to the hall window of any floor, and get a different view of Niagara Falls.  Out my particular end of the building I can sit at my table by the window, and watch my neighbors walking back and fourth from the grocery store, and watch all the fire trucks, police cars, ambulances, and the coroners car pull in and out of the front driveway.  I can hear people  talking ourside, heck, I can even hear when the mail truck is here :D
I lived in Detroit, close to downtown for 2 years in a loft that had a train trestle outside of it. It was awesome. We could also see the Fischer building from our window.

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 22, 2016, 09:11:07 AM
I lived in Detroit, close to downtown for 2 years in a loft that had a train trestle outside of it. It was awesome. We could also see the Fischer building from our window.

My favorite thing, is watching the rain storms go by, and the wonderful sunrises and sunsets that I can see from here, some pics of which I have posted here at B-H.
When spring gets here, I will try to get down to the highrise down the other end of main street to take a picture for you. Half way up the building, on the niagara river side, about the 8th floor I suppose, the thruway bridge goes right past their windows, just a few yards away :D

BellBoy

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 22, 2016, 09:11:07 AM

Nice razor wire... taken from inside maximum security, I assume?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: BellBoy on January 22, 2016, 09:19:24 AM
Nice razor wire... taken from inside maximum security, I assume?
No you see, in Detroit, you have razor wire to protect people from stealing your car. We had gated parking. You leave your groceries unattended and they will steal your shit.

Indoor shot. You know this was so long ago, damn five years. I think it was 2009

BellBoy

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 22, 2016, 09:24:03 AM
No you see, in Detroit, you have razor wire to protect people from stealing your car. We had gated parking. You leave your groceries unattended and they will steal your shit.

Indoor shot. You know this was so long ago, damn five years. I think it was 2009

Yeah, I've been. Nice place, Detroit... all warm and fuzzy there  ;)

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 22, 2016, 09:24:03 AM

Speaking of groceries....LOL's
We have a chain of "locally owned" grocery stores here .  Across the street, our store is said to charge more than the other stores.  My daughter reminded me about this the other day when she stopped in mine instead of the other one on her way to pick me up a loaf of bread, some antipasta, and a chicken, and a few things for herself on the way over.  She mentioned to me that our prices were higher than any of the other ones.  I told her I had heard that, and also heard a couple years back that the local poor people that get foodstamps had reported it to the foodstamp people, and that the grocery store was brought in for a hearing.  I guess it was decided that it was ok for them to do that since the grocery store claims that the local  poor people on food stamps steal two or three times as much as they pay for, so they have to keep their prices inflated to cover those losses.  One of my neighbors took some pictures of the food they throw in the dumpster every night, supposedly "outdated", suggesting that perhaps this was where some of their losses came from, not from the poor people on foodstamps.  Interesting times these are i tell you!  Never dull.

pyewacket

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 22, 2016, 07:49:19 AM
I am always looking for an 'instant handy'. I didn't realise you could get one in the supermarket though, but nothing would surprise me about you people!

Why yes SV, you can even get coupons for those.

And for these, too.

Lilith

Well serenity, I enjoyed listening to your station this morning, and the coffee was perfect! Thank You for a lovely morning serenity and bellgabbers!   Its time to go to lunch, so see you all laters!   :-*

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Ms. C on January 22, 2016, 08:44:15 AM
They can limit your use with candles? 

Edit:  lol - that sounds kinda dirty; what I meant was, can they ban you lighting candles to enjoy the light and fragrance?

Now now.. Ms C, my mind didn't go there until your EDIT.

And now it's all about Bella's soaking in bubble baths, surrounded by hundreds of scented candles..

GravitySucks

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 22, 2016, 10:26:17 AM

And now it's all about Bella's soaking in bubble baths, surrounded by hundreds of scented candles..

If anyone needs candles, I still have a couple of cases of Mexican Novella candles left over from my Y2K cache.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 22, 2016, 10:26:17 AM

And see I immediately went to dripping wax on people. LMAO.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: serenity on January 22, 2016, 08:23:46 AM
Thanks WC. The SgtMaj is from Sheboygan and her mother lives there. We might have to make a trip up this August

Please keep us in mind if you come..I'm not far from Sheboygan. Live on a very unusual lake. The water is crystal clear, teal blue, no weeds, no inlet river, spring fed.
It's like a 400 acre swimimg pool. A sight to behold.

The EAA Fly-in this year is July 25 to 31. I'm in town most of summer. Travel right before all the school kids get out of and go back to school. Our guest home is ten minutes away on a smaller lake.

Two of my kids also live on lakes within 10 minute drive.. We all use each others boats and homes. 
Great times here in the summer! If like lakes.. boating, water sports, canoes, kayaks and fish'in.

And Mrs Crow loves to entertain, excellant cook and baker! She gets a lot of joy out of preparing food and feeding people. Sometimes we don't even know who the people are that stop over. Friends of a friend stuff..  lol

Pictures are of our guest house:

SredniVashtar

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 22, 2016, 11:00:49 AM
And Mrs Crow loves to entertain, excellant cook and baker! She gets a lot of joy out of preparing food and feeding people. Sometimes we don't even know who the people are that stop over. Friends of a friend stuff..  lol

It looks like the 'SV 2016 Tour', where I pop in randomly and expect to be entertained by various Bellgabbers, has found its first port of call. Probably my last as well, because once I get my feet under the table it's very hard to dislodge me.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 22, 2016, 11:00:49 AM
Please keep us in mind if you come..I'm not far from Sheboygan. Live on a very unusual lake. The water is crystal clear, teal blue, no weeds, no inlet river, spring fed.
It's like a 400 acre swimimg pool. A sight to behold.

The EAA Fly-in this year is July 25 to 31. I'm in town most of summer. Travel right before all the school kids get out of and go back to school. Our guest home is ten minutes away on a smaller lake.

Two of my kids also live on lakes within 10 minute drive.. We all use each others boats and homes. 
Great times here in the summer! If like lakes.. boating, water sports, canoes, kayaks and fish'in.

Hoodie release party at White Crow's?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 22, 2016, 11:24:41 AM
Hoodie release party at White Crow's?

Now you be talk'in.. Bring your own scented candles, Bellas! lol

"But but but, Mrs Crow, I had no idea, they just showed"

"Yeah right Mr Crow.. All wearing "This is White Crow" Hoodies. Is it a cult?"

"Not yet, Mrs Crow"

https://youtu.be/ZP61ZxzLEkw

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 22, 2016, 10:56:49 AM
And see I immediately went to dripping wax on people. LMAO.

We weren't discussing hot wax on the nipples just yet darling.

GravitySucks

I don't know if any of you make it to the Random Stupid Things... thread, but this was so funny I had to post it here. 

Quote from: Little Hater on January 22, 2016, 12:02:13 PM
Staged, maybe, but he's my hero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zsPRw82QENI

starrmtn001

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 22, 2016, 07:55:31 AM
We even have a chain of stores here called the "Handy Dandy" where they keep some dandy instant handy.
Does your store carry plug-in models?  This store only carries battery operated models.  Sometimes the batteries start dying at a really inopportune moment.

GravitySucks

Quote from: starrmtn001 on January 22, 2016, 12:18:06 PM
Does your store carry plug-in models?  This store only carries battery operated models.  Sometimes the batteries start dying at a really inopportune moment.

Ahem... I am pretty sure I was still talking about coffee. Don't get randy or you will get no candy.

starrmtn001

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 22, 2016, 08:26:58 AM
I hate instant coffee. I had to live on it for a few months at work as they took the main coffee pot away because people weren't cleaning up after themselves. So I had instant until I read about making your own single brew satchels from tea bags. I was rolling my own coffee on the weekends. LOL. But seriously 'F' instant coffee.
Hey there PBS!

I had a dream, the other night, that I was on a archaeological site in our South West, or in South America.  The group I was with were largely people from Bella Haven.  You were the one responsible for getting supplies in or taking people and findings back to headquarters.  That's right PBS, you were the bush pilot. ::) ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: brig on January 22, 2016, 08:56:27 AM
Well, Ms. C.  Sad to say, in our building, we have 18 floors, 12 apartments on each one.  Two 40 year old elevators that break down regularly, and shut down automatically when the fire alarm goes off, and two cracked and narrow concrete stairwells for fire escapes.  We have people with wheelchairs, walkers, etc, so even cooking is scary in our building.  Our fire alarms are set to go off very easily, even toast can set them off.  We are not supposed to have candles or oil lamps.  we are still allowed to have those plug in wax scenters.  Thats not to say nobody HAS candles or oil lamps, but in this urban high rise, even the thought of people cooking is scary.
Brig.  How feasible is it for you to move to a more accommodating facility?  I'm serious.  I don't mean to be a buttinsky, but that set up you live in just bothers me now.  I hope you look into finding a place with better conditions.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 22, 2016, 11:23:02 AM
It looks like the 'SV 2016 Tour', where I pop in randomly and expect to be entertained by various Bellgabbers, has found its first port of call. Probably my last as well, because once I get my feet under the table it's very hard to dislodge me.

Be careful there Bella-Haven Boy. You may end up in my cult.. when start "feeling a little peculiar"  watch out!

https://youtu.be/6NXnxTNIWkc

starrmtn001

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 22, 2016, 11:43:22 AM
We weren't discussing hot wax on the nipples just yet darling.
Maybe she meant bikini wax? :o

Lilith

Quote from: starrmtn001 on January 22, 2016, 12:35:58 PM
Brig.  How feasible is it for you to move to a more accommodating facility?  I'm serious.  I don't mean to be a buttinsky, but that set up you live in just bothers me now.  I hope you look into finding a place with better conditions.

I hear ya dear friend.  Here in the Falls, if you are at a time in your life where you need to be withing walking distance of grocery stores, pharmacies, etc, well, these places are all the same.  Some people have moved out of one of these buildings, into nearby houses converted into small apartments, only to find they are in even worse shape.  I have a couple old friends moved into the house next door, and while the city is fighting to condem it, the residence are fighting to keep it, because its their home.  I have a feeling it is not only here.  I think there use to be landlord responsibility laws, and building occupancy safety regulations, that I suspect no longer exist.  The fire department comes around regularly each year to the buildings, to explain to us what we are to do in the event of a fire or an emergency.  They tell us we are to make sure we have three days of food and water, stay in our appartments, and wait for the firemen to come and rescue us.  (As tho we are stupid enough to believe there are enough firemen and equiptment to manage such a feat.)  Sadly, most people in these buildings do believe the firemen will manage to rescue all of us in some miraculous way.  I even argued this out with a social worker here in the building that I dearly love and respect.  I tolld him, I would be heading for the stairwell with my walker, and pre packed bag of important things.  He told me that was very selfish of me.  I told him he is welcome to think that of me.  A few days later, he caught me in the hallway, he had tears in his eyes as he appologised to me for what he had said about me being selfish for plainning to head down the fire stairwell to safety.  He said.......I'm sorry, I called you selfish brig, I had a dream last night, and it reminded me that I had already forgotten what I saw on 9/11.   I can only hope that this new initiative to channel populations into urban highrises, that they know they cannot rescue people from, will become a political issue sometime soon.  I guess I better stop before I end up writing a novel.  Love you Starr, always will.   :-*

starrmtn001

Quote from: brig on January 22, 2016, 12:53:02 PM
I hear ya dear friend.  Here in the Falls, if you are at a time in your life where you need to be withing walking distance of grocery stores, pharmacies, etc, well, these places are all the same.  Some people have moved out of one of these buildings, into nearby houses converted into small apartments, only to find they are in even worse shape.  I have a couple old friends moved into the house next door, and while the city is fighting to condem it, the residence are fighting to keep it, because its their home.  I have a feeling it is not only here.  I think there use to be landlord responsibility laws, and building occupancy safety regulations, that I suspect no longer exist.  The fire department comes around regularly each year to the buildings, to explain to us what we are to do in the event of a fire or an emergency.  They tell us we are to make sure we have three days of food and water, stay in our appartments, and wait for the firemen to come and rescue us.  (As tho we are stupid enough to believe there are enough firemen and equiptment to manage such a feat.)  Sadly, most people in these buildings do believe the firemen will manage to rescue all of us in some miraculous way.  I even argued this out with a social worker here in the building that I dearly love and respect.  I tolld him, I would be heading for the stairwell with my walker, and pre packed bag of important things.  He told me that was very selfish of me.  I told him he is welcome to think that of me.  A few days later, he caught me in the hallway, he had tears in his eyes as he appologised to me for what he had said about me being selfish for plainning to head down the fire stairwell to safety.  He said.......I'm sorry, I called you selfish brig, I had a dream last night, and it reminded me that I had already forgotten what I saw on 9/11.   I can only hope that this new initiative to channel populations into urban highrises, that they know they cannot rescue people from, will become a political issue sometime soon.  I guess I better stop before I end up writing a novel.  Love you Starr, always will.   :-*
No, don't stop.  Damn good idea for you to write that novel!

Lilith

Quote from: starrmtn001 on January 22, 2016, 12:59:17 PM
No, don't stop.  Damn good idea for you to write that novel!

Well, I would be thrilled if someone with exceptional writing skills, someone like ShredmeVashtar, would take what I have revealed and turn it into a novel. Anyone with the skills has my permission to turn my story into a novel.  I wish I had the skills to do so, but I don't.  I think its probably one of the most important issues of our times, and people don't even see it is not only coming, but is all ready well set into place. IMO.

More that that, I would love it if people who have heard me, and understand what I am sharing here, use their speaking skills to bring this up at town halls, conventions, political meetings, whatever avenues of discussion they have at their disposal.

I don't even ask you to take my word for it. I encourage everyone who is able and interested, to check out the highrises in their area, and learn about the emergency plans they have set in place for the safety of the residence, and the care that is taken of the elevators, the electic lines, the water boilers etc.  I have a feeling that social class has nothing to do with it.  Upon reflection, it seems obvious to me, That even in the very affluent, center of living and working, that the world trade center buildings did NOT have adequate safety evacuation plans in place.

I would go even farther and suggest that the builders KNOW that there is NO way that the people in highrises are able to be rescued, even as they build the buildings.

morgana213

Hey Bella Peeps!  As always you all have brightened up my day.  I appreciate you all.  Have a wonderful Friday and a safe weekend!