• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

zeebo

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 08, 2015, 02:48:30 AM
Was there ever any douubt?

There's some element of doubt but it's intentionally placed there as part of the "creeping disclosure" paradigm.

AppealPlay

I think Hoagie is afraid of taking calls...or maybe no one has called.  Either way it's unfortunate.

Do they not get that it is the foot print of a cosmonaut on all these pictures?

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 08, 2015, 02:50:47 AM
I think Hoagie is afraid of taking calls...or maybe no one has called.  Either way it's unfortunate.
On nights when I want him to take a call I usually start calling the phone in the last 20 minutes to remind him. I think he forgets what time it is frequently. We have to be his producer.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 08, 2015, 02:51:12 AM
Do they not get that it is the foot print of a cosmonaut on all these pictures?

Yes but he's symbolically trampling his mission underfoot because of NASA's perfidy.  But no, I therapize...

Quote from: alienated on August 08, 2015, 02:49:38 AM
Just confirmed, Alan Bean is telling us there's a sole catcher on the moon.

He's saying aboot alot too.  I didn't think we really said that.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 08, 2015, 02:52:17 AM
On nights when I want him to take a call I usually start calling the phone in the last 20 minutes to remind him. I think he forgets what time it is frequently. We have to be his producer.

He's a doddering old man.  He should keep a sheet of paper with break times and a reminder to take phone calls.

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 08, 2015, 02:52:45 AM
Yes but he's symbolically trampling his mission underfoot because of NASA's perfidy.  But no, I therapize...
Lol. "Art" is the perfect thing for this show. They can always fall back on the "art is subjective" argument as a defense. This has been a fun show though.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 08, 2015, 02:53:55 AM
He's saying aboot alot too.  I didn't think we really said that.

You do but it's adorable when Canadians say things funny.  "What's dis all aboot, eh? Moose on the Moon? Oh, the Prime Minister is gonna hear of dis, eh!"

The hope is they are just gonna surprise us one night with a 3rd hour by not even addressing they are doing it. They will just keep on talking.

I have to get my looney fix with Michael Vara and Late Night in the Midlands tonight...sigh. BRAAPS all!

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 08, 2015, 02:55:08 AM
You do but it's adorable when Canadians say things funny.  "What's dis all aboot, eh? Moose on the Moon? Oh, the Prime Minister is gonna hear of dis, eh!"

Oh he speaks perfect Queen's English.  The Canadian Queen that is.  It's still Queen Elizabeth II, but she speaks differently when she comes here.  Besides, he was just talking about footwear.

AppealPlay

I gotta say, this has been the most entertaining RCH show thus far.  I really enjoyed it tonight, guys.  Braaaps to you all! :)

Textor

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 08, 2015, 02:58:45 AM
I gotta say, this has been the most entertaining RCH show thus far.  I really enjoyed it tonight, guys.  Braaaps to you all! :)
I dunno, Astroguy's call the other night still is on the top of my list of awesome shows.

K_Dubb

First time I've made it to the end song.  Thanks, guys!

zeebo

That was some far out speculation.  Again I'm oddly impressed with Hoagie's ability to connect barely-there fuzzy dots into some kind of secret picture.  Braaps until next time all.

Auslandia

Holy fucking shit RCH's show on the "debate" was probably the best I've heard.  I'm pleasantly surprised.  Good work dude.  I didn't even sweat the phone ringing.  I'm just so baffled sometimes how he can talk about glass moon domes and U.S. Politics equally thoughtfully. 

maureen

Playing the pareidolia game, has anyone noticed the lion that sits on the ridge above the crab?  ;) ;)

bwillard01

Quote from: ShayP on August 08, 2015, 02:07:53 AM
Probably later in the week.  We can't rush it. I need to coordinate this.  I'll send off an email this weekend.  We shall see.  Since you are local, maybe you can make sure there is a pizza joint that can deliver.  Hoagie may not want any part of it.

Count me as enthusiastically in on pizza and/or Miller High Life, fantastic idea!

Soylentblue

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 08, 2015, 02:50:47 AM

I think that it is probably the latter.

I bet that if I spent an afternoon outdoors with Hoagland he no doubt would see signs of ancient civilizations in the clouds. He's like Whitley Streiber, you can only cry wolf so many times before people stop listening.

expat

Quote from: bwillard01 on August 08, 2015, 03:55:53 PM
Count me as enthusiastically in on pizza and/or Miller High Life, fantastic idea!

I don't think The Hoagland is in ABQ actually. He now lives in Deming, having recently undergone a move from Placitas which he said "did not go well." I could be wrong -- maybe he goes to a studio in ABQ to do the show.

expat

DISCLAIMER: I am not gathering information with intent to harass.

Quote from: expat on August 08, 2015, 04:21:09 PM
I don't think The Hoagland is in ABQ actually. He now lives in Deming, having recently undergone a move from Placitas which he said "did not go well." I could be wrong -- maybe he goes to a studio in ABQ to do the show.

This is how I imagine Hoagland's studio:

aldousburbank

Quote from: expat on August 08, 2015, 04:21:09 PM
Wow! How does that hair survive the unceasing wind of Deming?

K_Dubb

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 09, 2015, 11:56:50 AM
Wow! How does that hair survive the unceasing wind of Deming?

With a hat, tied neatly beneath the chin.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: expat on August 09, 2015, 07:51:08 AM
DISCLAIMER: I am not gathering information with intent to harass.

DISCLAIMER: the above picture is a joke.