• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

expat

Thanks a lot mate. His dishonesty over that 16 july repeat takes the breath clean away....

GravitySucks

Quote from: expat on October 12, 2017, 08:05:42 AM
Thanks a lot mate. His dishonesty over that 16 july repeat takes the breath clean away....
Comments in this thread say they are looking for another network again.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1722954034652353/permalink/1980786748869079/

Nobody

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 08, 2017, 11:06:34 PM
He is trying to use blogtalkradio. He can’t figure it out.

QuoteHoward Kurtz, in his "Media Notes" column in The Washington Post, wrote about BlogTalkRadio that, "The process is nearly idiot-proof."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlogTalkRadio

(Well they did say "nearly.")  :(

Considering Hoagland was unaware of the bog standard USB port until Keith Rowland informed him of its existence in 2015, I don't find it at all surprising that Hoagland allegedly couldn't get BTR to work.  However, it appears that Hoagland was also unable either to sweet talk or simply dragoon some hapless third party into getting it to work for him.

That I find surprising.  Could it be possible that Hoagland is just as rude, overbearing, and generally insufferable in real life as he is when he's hosting his chat show?   :o

expat

Quote from: Nobody on October 14, 2017, 02:14:28 AM
Could it be possible that Hoagland is just as rude, overbearing, and generally insufferable in real life as he is when he's hosting his chat show?   :o

I think Rossy would give you an opinion on that.

expat

Oh FFS, he's announcing a show about the Las Vegas massacre featuring the one person who knows least about it, Robert AM*.

http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2017/10/robert-morningstar-gets-las-vegas.html

Jackstar

Quote from: expat on October 14, 2017, 02:54:46 PM
the one person who knows least about it

I don't find this hyperbole to be all that accurate, honestly.

"not knowing anything" is distinct from "intentionally shitting out false information," n'est-ce pas?

hi-res of above image

Jackstar

QuoteThe authorities are the management of the hotels.

When the corporate oligarchs who control the nerve center of institutionalized gambling worldwide are considered "authorities," one has to wonder who you think the criminals are.

Nobody

Thanks a lot mate.

You are welcome.  :)

Looking at the list you compiled, when I divide 7 (the number of no-shows) by 26 (the number of scheduled broadcasts), I come up with .269.  Which appears to indicate that anyone tuning in hoping to hear Hoagland live is likely to be disappointed one time in every four.

That doesn't strike me as much of a success rate for a chap who has five days a week to work on his suntan.

His dishonesty over that 16 july repeat takes the breath clean away....

Hoagland's flagrant dishonesty has been a subject of fascination for me for some time.  It isn't often one comes across dishonesty featuring such impressive depth coupled with near-painful transparency.

If there is a gene for self-awareness, it seems to be entirely absent in Hoagland.

Nobody

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 12, 2017, 10:31:37 AM
Comments in this thread say they are looking for another network again.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1722954034652353/permalink/1980786748869079/

I'm afraid I'm in the ever-shrinking minority that still refuses to visit Facebook unless at gunpoint, so I'll take your word for whatever is going on in Facebookistan.

However, a glimpse at Hoagland's head-shakingly bad website reveals that any mention of either WBCQ or KIYQ has been expunged; a listen to KIYQ earlier today gave me music rather than the usual Hoagland repeat. So it appears that Hoagland is now an ex-radio guy and that BlogTalkRadio is his new "network," seeing as that's the only way to listen to the programme being offered.

I think it's safe to say that this latest signature abrupt departure from the world of radio marks the end of his third incarnation and the beginning of his fourth.  Which I suppose makes Hoagland kind of like Dr. Who, but without any of the charm.

trostol

people do not seem too thrilled over on his FB page about tonights topic

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on October 14, 2017, 06:52:56 PM
people do not seem too thrilled over on his FB page about tonights topic

People are idiots...especially on Facebook!  ;)

Queenie

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 14, 2017, 08:18:34 PM
I hope so...but you never know with him.  ;)

At times I wonder if Richard perhaps does a bit of embellishing his importance as Walter Cronkite's science advisor?

If Richard is on tonight a link to his show would be greatly appreciated.

Dr. MD MD

Hoagie really needs to learn how to do separate headphone mixes that aren't sent to his main feed.  ::)

Dyna-X

Hoagie is doing his own engineering, its Braaptacular!!

Morgus

Hoagie tried tonight but too many technical problems, echo issues with the guest.
We got the first half hour live, but he is going to a replay now.
Hoagie Trainwreck Radio!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Morgus on October 14, 2017, 10:31:22 PM
Hoagie tried tonight but too many technical problems, echo issues with the guest.
We got the first half hour live, but he is going to a replay now.
Hoagie Trainwreck Radio!

I can almost guarantee it's because the idiot has his guests coming over a speaker rather than headphones and then they're going back into his mic again.  ::)

Nobody

Quote from: Morgus on October 14, 2017, 10:31:22 PM

Did the guest get a chance to discuss her topic at all?  Or did Hoagland only get as far as introducing the guest before he decided to pull the ripcord?

(I'm guessing Falkov talked for at least 20 minutes.  Do I miss my guess?)  :)

expat

Quote from: Jackstar on October 14, 2017, 03:02:41 PM
"not knowing anything" is distinct from "intentionally shitting out false information," n'est-ce pas?

I guess you've got a point. I was thinking of "So ignorant of the topic that cannot even get the name of the perp right."

Scruffy

Quote from: Nobody on October 15, 2017, 07:03:02 AM
Did the guest get a chance to discuss her topic at all?  Or did Hoagland only get as far as introducing the guest before he decided to pull the ripcord?

(I'm guessing Falkov talked for at least 20 minutes.  Do I miss my guess?)  :)

Winner Winner chicken dinner.

Falkov rambled for about 20 minutes barely audible and when Hoagie talked, the volume blared in comparison. The guest comes on for a minute and Hoagland tries to go to break.

Turns into a total disaster where it doesn't cut away and Hoagie wants to talk to Keith and the guest is totally confused. Best 5 minutes of chaos ever before he bails. 

Classic Hoagie.

PaulAtreides

What a total clusterfuck.  Plus Falkov is a useless guest.  I wonder what the excuse will be tonight. 

Jackstar

Quote from: expat on October 15, 2017, 07:57:17 AM
"So ignorant of the topic that cannot even get the name of the perp right."

You don't even know he's the perp. He's still a suspect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_7:5

Dyna-X

I just hope if the show is on for tonight we do not get a repeat of Robin as opening guest. She has her own show to annoy people with.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dyna-X on October 15, 2017, 01:16:43 PM
I just hope if the show is on for tonight we do not get a repeat of Robin as opening guest. She has her own show to annoy people with.

I wish I could go to Walgreens and get a vaccine against her.  Though the side effects would no doubt include anal leakage and a form of Tourette's which causes one to repeat, "hang on, hang on, hang on."