• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on April 16, 2017, 06:28:10 PM
rumor is..this is tricky Dick's new opening when he returns

Great song! That works for me. So, do you have details on the where, when and what have yous of his return?  ???

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on April 15, 2017, 07:45:49 PM
AAaahhh...  now we have some context on the pic. ;)
(Good points BTW)
There are some oddities in the image. Zoom the upper left quadrant of the structure and check the shadows that the rim of the outer ring are casting.  (The lighting is coming from the upper left  - which is the default for lighting effects in GIMP.  Coincidence ??? ) They are different than if the upper portion of the rim were smooth, in other words, they indicate a variance in the height of the rim - if the photo is legit.  I don't see any pixel smearing on extremely high magnification of the image (although this can be avoided by an experienced image manipulator )
But, there is also shading where there shouldn't be. Some can be attributed to the possibility of a chasm, but a couple of others imply a double lighting angle or shadows missing where they should be showing.  It's very difficult to tell (and I'm not a forensic image analyst. ;) )
So, what do we have ?
1. The picture has not been manipulated and that is an actual artifact with some anomalies I can't account for; through my lack of knowledge on Martian geology . (Let's rule out lens flare or any other naturally occurring phenomenon - No swamp gas.  ;D )
Or;
2. We are dealing with a highly experienced professional in the area of digital image forensics and image manipulation.
Or maybe something in between ?

Cool pic BTW.    :)

Look again.  :)The lighting is coming from the East South East direction (if the picture is north at the top). Its also quite intense rather than diffuse and the shadows relatively short.

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 16, 2017, 07:09:40 PM
Look again.  :)The lighting is coming from the East South East direction (if the picture is north at the top). Its also quite intense rather than diffuse and the shadows relatively short.
Wait...
Let me check.

NOOooooo, that's not it.  Let's try this... 

;D

Morgus

Hoagie appeared on Dr. Robin Falkov's internet streaming show this morning for an hour interview to talk about the recent NASA news release about possible life on a moon of Saturn that Hoagie claimed he predicted years before...
However Robin announced Hoagie's appearance only a few hours before the show on facebook and twitter, so didn't find out about it until the show was over.  Can't find any free archives for Robin's shows either.

trostol

Quote from: Morgus on April 18, 2017, 04:00:47 PM
Hoagie appeared on Dr. Robin Falkov's internet streaming show this morning for an hour interview to talk about the recent NASA news release about possible life on a moon of Saturn that Hoagie claimed he predicted years before...
However Robin announced Hoagie's appearance only a few hours before the show on facebook and twitter, so didn't find out about it until the show was over.  Can't find any free archives for Robin's shows either.

of course he did  ::)

Lunger

...  Can't find any free archives for Robin's shows either.

Nobody is going to archive what no one cares about.

WOTR

Can't find any free archives for Robin's shows either.
i'm sure he will send it out to the one paying subscriber of club 19.5 that is left. Certainly it is the least he can do to provide the poor sucker some content after all of these months.

Juan Cena

Did Robin let Hoagie back into the house, or did he finally kill her and find another woman he calls Robin, and draped her in the robe made from the flesh of the Robins that came before her?

Juan Cena

Quote from: expat on April 19, 2017, 10:50:24 AM
A repeat of March 26. I covered it.
https://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2017/03/richard-hoagland-comes-up-worse-than.html

As for "I was the first to suggest that Europa's oceans might harbor life"-- believe Prof. Ralph Greenberg.
https://sites.math.washington.edu/~greenber/EuropaHistory.html

Proof Europa does not have intelligent life: Eurovision season is here.

Jackstar

Quote from: Juan Cena on April 19, 2017, 11:20:49 PM
Okay, that's a new one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortress_of_Solitude

Also, they've got this new thing goin' on, it's pretty tight and hot--they're thinking of calling it irony.

trostol

lol FFS

Hoagland Was Right â€" 37 Years Before NASA!

From RCH:

Thirty-seven years ago, in December 1979 (published in January, 1980), I wrote a seminal article in “Star and Sky Magazine” â€" picked up and sent around the world by AP, lauded by Dr. Robert Jastrow (one of the founders of NASA), and Arthur C Clarke and (later) Ted Koppel â€" scientifically PREDICTING, decades BEFORE NASA: “The oceans of Europa [one of the four “Galilean Moons” of Jupiter] are the PERFECT habitat [beyond the Earth] for CURRENT non-terrestrial life!” 37 years later â€" last Thursday afternoon, April 13, 2017, destiny rang…

NASA held a national press briefing in Washington DC, sent around the world via satellite and NASA TV, confirming that I had been right all along!! Here’s the link to the CNN story re: the NASA “Ocean Worlds” Press Briefing last week.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/us/nasa-europa-enceladus-ocean-worlds-announcement-trnd/
NASA: Nearby ocean worlds could be best bet for life beyond Earth â€" By Ashley Strickland, CNN .

My article only dealt with the specifics of Europa’s habitability, but it foreshadowed the existence of an entirely new CLASS of habitable worlds, DECADES before scientists or NASA missions had discovered them â€" “Ice-covered moons … housing ‘world oceans’ … protected by a tens-of-miles-thick covering of ice!” Here’s the original “Star & Sky” article where I laid all this out, in 1979: The Enterprise Mission â€" Europa

Club 19.5 Members will also receive two graphics which recount what both Arthur Clarke and Ted Koppel said at the time â€" Arthur in “Odyssey Two” and Ted Koppel live â€" on “Nightline.”

If I was scientifically ahead of NASA on this, why could I not be right about Mars, the Moon and everything else I have been saying in the ~ 40 years since …!? These latest updates and, well, vindications that are hitting the mainstream news outlets are just a foreshadowing of what’s coming NEXT from NASA… Join Club 19.5 and never miss a development with our OTHER scientific predictions re Mars … the Moon … and when ALL this will “hit the fan” â€" later THIS YEAR. Go to the upper left on the site menu and click on “Join Club 19.5”. Enjoy!

GravitySucks

Quote from: trostol on April 21, 2017, 05:04:47 PM
lol FFS

From RCH:

Thirty-seven years ago, in December 1979 (published in January, 1980), I wrote a seminal article in “Star and Sky Magazine” â€" picked up and sent around the world by AP, lauded by Dr. Robert Jastrow (one of the founders of NASA), and Arthur C Clarke and (later) Ted Koppel â€" scientifically PREDICTING, decades BEFORE NASA: “The oceans of Europa [one of the four “Galilean Moons” of Jupiter] are the PERFECT habitat [beyond the Earth] for CURRENT non-terrestrial life!” 37 years later â€" last Thursday afternoon, April 13, 2017, destiny rang…

NASA held a national press briefing in Washington DC, sent around the world via satellite and NASA TV, confirming that I had been right all along!! Here’s the link to the CNN story re: the NASA “Ocean Worlds” Press Briefing last week.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/us/nasa-europa-enceladus-ocean-worlds-announcement-trnd/
NASA: Nearby ocean worlds could be best bet for life beyond Earth â€" By Ashley Strickland, CNN .

My article only dealt with the specifics of Europa’s habitability, but it foreshadowed the existence of an entirely new CLASS of habitable worlds, DECADES before scientists or NASA missions had discovered them â€" “Ice-covered moons … housing ‘world oceans’ … protected by a tens-of-miles-thick covering of ice!” Here’s the original “Star & Sky” article where I laid all this out, in 1979: The Enterprise Mission â€" Europa

Club 19.5 Members will also receive two graphics which recount what both Arthur Clarke and Ted Koppel said at the time â€" Arthur in “Odyssey Two” and Ted Koppel live â€" on “Nightline.”

If I was scientifically ahead of NASA on this, why could I not be right about Mars, the Moon and everything else I have been saying in the ~ 40 years since …!? These latest updates and, well, vindications that are hitting the mainstream news outlets are just a foreshadowing of what’s coming NEXT from NASA… Join Club 19.5 and never miss a development with our OTHER scientific predictions re Mars … the Moon … and when ALL this will “hit the fan” â€" later THIS YEAR. Go to the upper left on the site menu and click on “Join Club 19.5”. Enjoy!

I am sick and tired of debunking RCH on this. I have posted stuff about this last year when Darren or whatever his name was made similar claims and if I remember right, expat debunked this as well.

astroguy

Quote from: trostol on April 21, 2017, 05:04:47 PM
lol FFS

From RCH:

Incidentally, today M¡ch@el Hr0n also posted on his blog today that scientists yet again confirmed B¡lly Mâ,¬ir'$ "prophetic" material made decades ago.  Both these guys are fraudsters, and it's impressive (to me) to see the exact same kind of language and tactics.

albrecht

Quote from: astroguy on April 21, 2017, 06:07:48 PM
Incidentally, today M¡ch@el Hr0n also posted on his blog today that scientists yet again confirmed B¡lly Mâ,¬ir'$ "prophetic" material made decades ago.  Both these guys are fraudsters, and it's impressive (to me) to see the exact same kind of language and tactics.
Don't speak too soon about some of the classic C2C etc guests.  ;)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/04/21/ancient-stone-carvings-confirm-comet-struck-earth-10950bc-wiping/

"when engineers studied animal carvings made on a pillar â€" known as the vulture stone â€" at Gobekli Tepe they discovered that the creatures were actually astronomical symbols which represented constellations and the comet.

The idea had been originally put forward by author Graham Hancock in his book Magicians of the Gods. "

trostol

i would really like a history lesson some time on how all these..frauds got started in all this..false BS

GravitySucks

Quote from: trostol on April 21, 2017, 06:27:00 PM
i would really like a history lesson some time on how all these..frauds got started in all this..false BS

LSD, pot and the Brits (if you don't want to give Rodenberry credit)

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0063962/

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 21, 2017, 06:33:06 PM
LSD, pot and the Brits (if you don't want to give Rodenberry credit)

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0063962/

Groovy, man! And it had one of the grooviest theme songs too. Dig it, babies!  8)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5pRmy2NktRc

P. S. Note that the head guy is American though.  ;)