• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

expat

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 10, 2017, 01:59:02 PM
We had some strange ducks working in training when I was there but looking at his current pictures he doesn't look tamiliar. I wonder who we worked for in the "early shuttle program". I started in 82 on STS-4 and I dont remember him.

I think that's a slip-up on Oberg's part. I don't see anything in Johnston's bio to support it.

zeebo

Quote from: expat on March 10, 2017, 01:15:28 PM
From the rational wikipedia article on Ken:

As a qualified avionics technician, Johnston was hired by Grumman Aircraft, principal contractor for the Apollo Lunar Module, to assist with cockpit and instrument development and training, in Houston. He has described his status at that time as a "civilian astronaut consultant pilot."

Not only is he a Q.A.T./C.A.C.P. but also apparently an S.S.A. ("Solar System Ambassador").

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 09, 2017, 02:06:12 AM
... I wish somebody would do a documentary on him...

Agreed, but I would love to see a Werner Herzog documentary on Hoagie.  Herzog seeks out quirky and interesting subjects--Grizzly Man, God's Angry Man (about the fabulous Dr. Gene Scott)--and who is more quirky and interesting than our own 19.5 man himself?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Étouffée on March 10, 2017, 04:21:26 PM
Agreed, but I would love to see a Werner Herzog documentary on Hoagie.  Herzog seeks out quirky and interesting subjects--Grizzly Man, God's Angry Man (about the fabulous Dr. Gene Scott)--and who is more quirky and interesting than our own 19.5 man himself?

Genius level idea! :)

expat

Quote from: zeebo on March 10, 2017, 03:19:23 PM
Not only is he a Q.A.T./C.A.C.P. but also apparently an S.S.A. ("Solar System Ambassador").

Not any more. He was kicked out of that (purely voluntary) outfit after JPL rumbled him. Hence was born the myth among the anti-NASA crowd, including Hoagland, that he was fired by NASA for revealing things they wanted kept secret. He was never at any time a NASA employee.

Oberg says Johnston did some tile repair test work on the Shuttle around 1978.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 10, 2017, 04:29:05 PM
Genius level idea! :)
Thankee!  It seems a natural match.  I also think a ghost-assisted autobiography or memoir would be quite readable, even for the non-science or non-woo audience, but Hoagie probably couldn't sit still for that.  I mean, for a man who hasn't exactly achieved much, he seems to have had a fun and fulfilling time on this planet.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Étouffée on March 10, 2017, 04:21:26 PM

This. I would love to see Herzog take on Hoagland as a subject. He won't just document Hoagland, he'll get him all worked up and have him hoisting a boat over a mountain before it's all over.

Dyna-X

Quote from: expat on March 10, 2017, 05:30:37 PM
Not any more. He was kicked out of that (purely voluntary) outfit after JPL rumbled him. Hence was born the myth among the anti-NASA crowd, including Hoagland, that he was fired by NASA for revealing things they wanted kept secret. He was never at any time a NASA employee.

Oberg says Johnston did some tile repair test work on the Shuttle around 1978.
Johnston's original fish story had something to do with seeing moon base footage from one of the Apollo "J" missions' Lunar Mapping Cameras.  I tried to peg him on the specific mission and his squirming and slithering responses without any technical protocol convinced me that he was making it up. So I looked up his doctorate and it was some out of business mail-order metaphysical degree.
What he has fabricated in the couple years since makes me want to vomit.

starrmtn001

Here are the St. Pat avatars I told you about, Zeebo. 

starrmtn001

Here are some St. Pat's Cthulhu avatars for you too, Trostol. ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 13, 2017, 09:15:16 PM

And here are a couple for just kickin' back. ;D

trostol

you are a gem good lady

paladin1991

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 10, 2017, 01:59:02 PM
We had some strange ducks working in training when I was there but looking at his current pictures he doesn't look tamiliar. I wonder who we worked for in the "early shuttle program". I started in 82 on STS-4 and I dont remember him.

Think hard.   Was he the guy serving sandwiches and coffee?

boxman

Quote from: HumanBeing on March 21, 2017, 03:10:15 PM

Maybe he should have thought about that before going into contract with a new radio show??
He is so fucking selfish and thinks of no one but himself.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 21, 2017, 04:29:51 PM
Why is he using a throwaway yahoo email when he has at least two websites?
Some of us are trending toward George Knapp.  That's right!  We're going from Braaapsters to Knappsters.

Sure, he's on only on Sundays, as a rule, but you can depend on Knapp to SHOW UP. ;) ;D

Ciardelo

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 21, 2017, 04:39:17 PM
Some of us are trending toward George Knapp.  That's right!  We're going from Braaapsters to Knappsters.

Sure, he's on only on Sundays, as a rule, but you can depend on Knapp to SHOW UP. ;) ;D

Braaapsters to Knappsters

Nice! I'm already there, I hear you listen well in bed Starr ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 21, 2017, 04:59:13 PM
Braaapsters to Knappsters

Nice! I'm already there, I hear you listen well in bed Starr ;)
Not so well when I'm in bed with the flu. :(

Ciardelo

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 21, 2017, 05:05:40 PM
Not so well when I'm in bed with the flu. :(

Awe...I'm sorry you don't feel well Starr.  :( I'm gald you're vaping now at least, it's not ideal, but its better than that nasty smoking.

JesusJuice

Quote from: HumanBeing on March 21, 2017, 03:10:15 PM

So he's finally coming back then? And sooner rather than later. He'll start up his show again and Norland, Trostol and Empress will return and we will all continue like nothing bad happened.

Ciardelo

Quote from: JesusJuice💯👌👏 on March 21, 2017, 05:28:16 PM

So he's finally coming back then? And sooner rather than later. He'll start up his show again and Norland, Trostol and Empress will return and we will all continue like nothing bad happened.

Braaaps

starrmtn001

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 21, 2017, 05:19:11 PM
Awe...I'm sorry you don't feel well Starr.  :( I'm glad you're vaping now at least, it's not ideal, but it's better than that nasty smoking.
I'm on the mend, but my energy level is still low and I get slightly queasy occasionally.  But this, too, shall pass. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 21, 2017, 05:55:33 PM
I'm on the mend, but my energy level is still low and I get slightly queasy occasionally.  But this, too, shall pass. ;)

Complementary prescription.  ;) ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjlSiASsUIs

Ciardelo

Can I just say Youtube ads are fucking up my sexual healing? Can I just share that with you people? You know BellGab is my SafeSpace, so I hope my "rant" is accepted here.

Praise Annulusâ,,¢

ItsOver

Quote from: JesusJuice💯👌👏 on March 21, 2017, 05:28:16 PM
So he's finally coming back then? And sooner rather than later...
Yep.  So is Art.  And the Easter Bunny will be here soon, too.

Dyna-X

Quote from: ItsOver on March 21, 2017, 06:43:52 PM
Yep.  So is Art.  And the Easter Bunny will be here soon, too.
Right after Disclosure with a capital "D"