Author Topic: What are social justice warriors losing their shit about today?  (Read 217369 times)

Re: What are social justice warriors losing their shit about today?
« Reply #4770 on: April 13, 2019, 12:17:23 PM »
It has finally happened... The SJW's have actually shut down their own pride parade. Edmonton pride has been cancelled because it is not progressive enough. Last year they demanded that police and military members not be allowed to march because they might not feel safe- and it was granted. Oh, and they also banned conservative politicians (a decade back they sued the conservative politicians demanding that they show up and show support for the parade...)

This year, they have resorted to extorting cash from the organizers for events for refugees and people of colour. I think my favourite was a demand for $1500 for a sober dance party to "provide QTIBPOC (WTF?) people a space to move their bodies in ways they may not feel safe doing in everyday life”

A couple of extreme organizations wanted $20,000 each, ongoing funding and more representation on the board. The group who has planned the event annually apparently decided that giving in to terrorists is not a good route to go saying that they want to "host a safe and enjoyable event… however given current events, we do not feel that this is attainable for this year.”

Anyhow, I thought others might get a chuckle out of this. They have finally began to divide themselves so violently that even they can't continue together. Good for them. It is not the right wing "hate" groups who destroy the movement, but the extreme left wing hate groups.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/board-of-directors-cancel-edmonton-pride-festival
A year or so ago there was fights at some "pride" event in London. Apparently some dispute between trannies and lesbian feminists.  Amazing, and funny to watch the left cannibalize themselves over who is the most "exploited" and "victim status." 

QTIBPOC? That sounds like some First Nation tribe name or something. WTF, indeed.

« Reply #4771 on: April 13, 2019, 12:57:41 PM »
Queer, trans, in-bred people of color.
You’re racist for not knowing that.

« Reply #4772 on: April 14, 2019, 12:46:57 AM »
Queer, trans, in-bred people of color.
You’re racist for not knowing that.
You are not too far off... I did look it up. Queer, Trans, Inter-sex, Black (and) People Of Colour.

What if I'm a lesbian? What if I were to point out that black is a complete lack of colour (complete absorption of visible light?) Where white is made up of all of the colours of the rainbow* As such, white people might represent the pinnacle for "people of colour". It is regrettable that they chose that particular phrase when white is described as reflecting polychromatic light. Somewhere there is a scientific based meme that most people simply would not ever understand with "polychromatic person" representing the SJW's "people of colour" requiring special rights and safe spaces...

*Yes, that word both fits and was purposely chosen.

« Reply #4773 on: April 14, 2019, 09:58:48 AM »
I first heard “people of color” bandied about in the early 70s. Folks made exactly your point - White is a mix of all colors. People of color quickly fell out of favor. It’s interesting that it’s back now.

« Reply #4774 on: April 14, 2019, 10:59:22 AM »
It has finally happened... The SJW's have actually shut down their own pride parade. Edmonton pride has been cancelled because it is not progressive enough. Last year they demanded that police and military members not be allowed to march because they might not feel safe- and it was granted. Oh, and they also banned conservative politicians (a decade back they sued the conservative politicians demanding that they show up and show support for the parade...)

This year, they have resorted to extorting cash from the organizers for events for refugees and people of colour. I think my favourite was a demand for $1500 for a sober dance party to "provide QTIBPOC (WTF?) people a space to move their bodies in ways they may not feel safe doing in everyday life”

A couple of extreme organizations wanted $20,000 each, ongoing funding and more representation on the board. The group who has planned the event annually apparently decided that giving in to terrorists is not a good route to go saying that they want to "host a safe and enjoyable event… however given current events, we do not feel that this is attainable for this year.”

Anyhow, I thought others might get a chuckle out of this. They have finally began to divide themselves so violently that even they can't continue together. Good for them. It is not the right wing "hate" groups who destroy the movement, but the extreme left wing hate groups.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/board-of-directors-cancel-edmonton-pride-festival

It looks like they're on their way to identity defining themselves right out of existence. 

« Reply #4775 on: April 15, 2019, 02:26:40 PM »

« Reply #4776 on: April 15, 2019, 02:29:10 PM »
You are not too far off... I did look it up. Queer, Trans, Inter-sex, Black (and) People Of Colour.

What if I'm a lesbian? What if I were to point out that black is a complete lack of colour (complete absorption of visible light?) Where white is made up of all of the colours of the rainbow* As such, white people might represent the pinnacle for "people of colour". It is regrettable that they chose that particular phrase when white is described as reflecting polychromatic light. Somewhere there is a scientific based meme that most people simply would not ever understand with "polychromatic person" representing the SJW's "people of colour" requiring special rights and safe spaces...

*Yes, that word both fits and was purposely chosen.
Well, I AM a lesbian.  And I am offended that I am not represented in that fucked up alphabet soup of special interests and just plain fucked up people. I've been into box lunches since I was in grade school, FFS.

« Reply #4777 on: April 15, 2019, 02:30:05 PM »
It looks like they're on their way to identity defining themselves right out of existence.
There are only 26 letters in the alphabet, so they got a ways to go.

« Reply #4778 on: April 16, 2019, 08:04:54 PM »
There are only 26 letters in the alphabet, so they got a ways to go.

Did I ever tell you the one about the two married male-to-female trans lesbians whose marriage went bad?  It's a straight up no-shiiter. 

http://www.mysuncoast.com/2019/03/21/transgender-woman-admits-shooting-killing-transgender-wife/

« Reply #4779 on: April 17, 2019, 04:58:10 AM »
Did I ever tell you the one about the two married male-to-female trans lesbians whose marriage went bad?  It's a straight up no-shiiter. 

http://www.mysuncoast.com/2019/03/21/transgender-woman-admits-shooting-killing-transgender-wife/
;D