• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

If jorch didn't have his show what kind of work would he do?

Started by er92, May 25, 2015, 08:53:30 PM

er92

I really wonder what kind of job jorch would hold if he lost his job at premier radio. For some reason I see him in a call center only lasting about one day after talking over callers and cutting them off. Maybe he would go and deal turmeric on the streets or end up in some dead end retail job. I know him losing his job is unlikely but one can still dream right.

aldousburbank

Quote from: er92 on May 25, 2015, 08:53:30 PM
I really wonder what kind of job jorch would hold if he lost his job at premier radio. For some reason I see him in a call center only lasting about one day after talking over callers and cutting them off. Maybe he would go and deal turmeric on the streets or end up in some dead end retail job. I know him losing his job is unlikely but one can still dream right.
Undertaker. He's doing a fine job of burying C2C.

Morgus

His father wanted Noory to be a dentist, but Noory dropped out of pre-med in College and switched to broadcasting instead...

Quote from: Morgus on May 25, 2015, 11:14:50 PM
His father wanted Noory to be a dentist, but Noory dropped out of pre-med in College and switched to broadcasting instead...

With his fascination of bloody/gory stories, I'm sure he would've been a better dentist.  Or undertaker.

Just think, had Noory followed his father's advice, this website might not even be here. ;D

Paradox

Weekend alternative health infomercials or a local celebrity news show.

PChirp

I envision only three possible career options:

1. Barking carny employed by summertime traveling fairs/amusements.
2. Traveling C*A*R*N*I*V*O*R*A salesman.
3. Fluffer in the adult film industry.

albrecht

running a restaurant based on a theme of a British colonel who has come back from Marrakesh or getting some quick cash selling his blood and plasma and/or No-No device informercial hair removal model/spokesman.

Living in his mother's basement wondering how he is going to pay off his alimony and the collection agencies for his bad business investments.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2015, 06:43:33 PM
running a restaurant based on a theme of a British colonel who has come back from Marrakesh or getting some quick cash selling his blood and plasma and/or No-No device informercial hair removal model/spokesman.
I can see Jorch demo'ing the No-No on his back side and it being overwhelmed by the foilage.

LadyFish

Dave answers that himself in the very first sentence of his Contact in the Desert bio:

"George Noory, host of the nationally syndicated program, Coast to Coast AM, says that if he wasn't a national radio talk show host he'd be in politics."

I don't see Dave qualified for any elected position. I do however see him as the slimmy, double talking without any answers, meet & greet, sucking up stereo type candidate. I am guessing Tommy would be his campaign manager.

Quote from: ItsOver on May 26, 2015, 06:50:33 PM
I can see Jorch demo'ing the No-No on his back side and it being overwhelmed by the foilage.

George could be the bad actor in all the infomercial .gifs on the Falkie thread, where the actor can't do the simplest thing without getting overwhelmed and falling down.

CJJames

Graveyard Groundskeeper who greets every visitor with an overly inappropriate "Howdy!" in an attempt to make friends.

Manager at the local Applebee's or Sizler.... Not the owner mind you, but the guy who has to constantly kiss the owners ass

Nick el Ass

Running the register at a McDonald's "How are yeeeeew, can I please take your oder. I mean order." He would still butcher the English language... and still won't correct himself after messing up. Too good for that.

er92

Quote from: Morgus on May 25, 2015, 11:14:50 PM

The thought of jorch behind a dental drill, injecting turmeric instead of lidocaine makes me shudder. Tommy would probably be the hygienist/ office assistant I could only imagine the lawsuits that would come from that practice.

er92

Quote from: albrecht on May 26, 2015, 06:43:33 PM

Yeah I read about NORCOM lol, jorch was big in the 80s and knew a lot of people in the restaurant business.

I think we all know what George would be doing without that magical call from Premiere Radio Networks.

Robert

If I can inject a serious note, we have little reason to believe he would do particularly well or badly in many fields.  Being on air is a very artificial environment that brings out in him all the things we complain about.  It's also pretty clear that, like most people who aren't especially interested in their work or are paid especially well, he does no more work than he needs to to keep the job.  I'm sure there are lots of jobs where he could fit in.

He seems to like very much being widely well thought of, so he'd probably gravitate to work where he'd deal with a good number of people.  I could see him being an instructor, but it might have to be in a setting where he didn't have to answer many questions.  OTOH, if he really had to pay att'n to what people wanted to know, he may very well be very good at it.  He gets away with not paying att'n on his show because it seems that's not what he's paid to do.

Noory is not stupid.  He's just careless, lazy, & self-absorbed.  Because he can be.  In a different environment, I bet most of those tendencies would go away.  Not completely; we can see in the hot pocket episode that he can be careless enough to adversely affect his career.  But at least in most jobs the reinforcement would be different from what he's getting as a radio m.c.

3OctaveFart

Obsequious airline steward, bad nature-show host, or waiter.

If Jorch didn't have his show, he would go on a never-ending lecture circuit, explaining hyper-dimensional torsion-field physics to enthralled audiences the world over.

karios8

He would carry the shit shovel behind a politician's entourage.