• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

A question for Art about interviews, or those with ideas.

Started by Royal_Tenenbaum, May 21, 2015, 12:36:38 AM

I am just starting up as a staff member on gaming website after grabbing an interview with a developer. I have loads of questions, but I wonder is there any advice any of you can offer for conducting my freshman interview? I know Art will never really read this, but if you have any tips or things you would like to read in an interview please share.

I always wondered how Art grew into his interview style and it seemed like there was no formal training, save learning by doing. He mastered it though and successfully did interviews with subjects that would have driven lesser men mad. The Dallas Thompson interview alone shows how quick he could be on his feet when it came to making something bad, great.

Thanks for your insight all!

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on May 21, 2015, 12:36:38 AM
... is there any advice any of you can offer for conducting my freshman interview?   ... if you have any tips...

Listen to George Noory, then do the opposite

Seriously though, familiarize yourself with the interviewee and subject, have some questions prepared, listen - actually listen - to the responses, follow up on interesting comments, and just have a conversation

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 21, 2015, 08:48:19 AM
Listen to George Noory, then do the opposite

Seriously though, familiarize yourself with the interviewee and subject, have some questions prepared, listen - actually listen - to the responses, follow up on interesting comments, and just have a conversation
Thanks. I should have drank more though! I used to do interviews for my law office, but the vibe is really different. I finally got it done and published. It's amazing how Art can just steer the conversation without any effort in his interviews. He sure kept Hoagie in check.