• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Movies inspired by Art Bell Shows

Started by Lunger, March 02, 2015, 04:52:09 PM

Lunger

I don't have any doubt that screenwriters were listening to Art Bell, especially during the 90's.  I can't count the number of times I've recognized a movie plot listening to old Dreamland or Coast shows.

You guys might get a kick out of "Lunopolis" playing on Netflix.  In the first few minutes it totally rips off one of Art's more famous callers.

Kelt

Themroc... weird foreign movie where a dude smashes his apartment to pieces and starts living like a caveman. Then he fucks his daughter and murders and eats the cops who come to find out what's going on.

Not saying this was any specific Art Bell show, but you could definitely see his influences.

As you can see...

http://youtu.be/DnMtbrsJgcs

Wintermute

Ice Twisters, Mega Piranha, Crocosaurus vs Mega Python...

I could go on, but we know Art Bell is a godd@mned genius!

Heather Wade

Safety Not Guaranteed. Tell me that wasn't based on MadMan.
Yes, I have a thing for the MadMan.   ;D  He's a cool dude.

Delphi

Themroc is a 1973 French film by director Claude Faraldo. It was produced by François de Lannurien and Helène Vager and its original music was composed by Harald Maury. Made on a low budget with no intelligible dialog, Themroc tells the story of a French blue collar worker who rebels against modern society, reverting into an urban caveman. The film's scenes of incest and cannibalism earned it adults-only ratings. It was the first film to be shown in the UK's Channel 4's red triangle series of controversial films in 1986.

onan

ABBA the Movie. Yeah, 1977, Mad Man Markham must have helped in some way.

sydtron

The is actually a movie called "The Shadow People" ive seen it.  Late night radio guy investigates shadow people.

I dont remember much more. But I got it from the Library DVD section for the Art Bell factor. 

Kelt

Quote from: Delphi on March 03, 2015, 04:29:41 AM
Themroc is a 1973 French film by director Claude Faraldo. It was produced by François de Lannurien and Helène Vager and its original music was composed by Harald Maury. Made on a low budget with no intelligible dialog, Themroc tells the story of a French blue collar worker who rebels against modern society, reverting into an urban caveman. The film's scenes of incest and cannibalism earned it adults-only ratings. It was the first film to be shown in the UK's Channel 4's red triangle series of controversial films in 1986.

Zactly... screams Art Bell, amiright?

Just watched DARK SKIES last night.
Pretty sure the character Edwin Pollard was Art ..

Gd5150

E.V.P.

Also one must recognize the dozens of crypto TV shows and conspiracy shows.

Eddie Coyle

Cinematic classic which Art appeared in...I Know Who Killed Me.

It's up to 7% on Rotten Tomatoes.

henge0stone

Armageddon, Deep Impact, Independence Day