• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

They're here. American 'black sites'

Started by bateman, February 24, 2015, 03:52:12 PM

bateman

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/24/chicago-police-detain-americans-black-site

QuoteThe Chicago police department operates an off-the-books interrogation compound, rendering Americans unable to be found by family or attorneys while locked inside what lawyers say is the domestic equivalent of a CIA black site.

Heather Wade

This is probably going on in other major cities too.  Bone chilling.

bateman

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 24, 2015, 03:59:12 PM
This is probably going on in other major cities too.  Bone chilling.

Has to be. Wonder how much DHS money went into this.

Kelt

Isn't this the kind of tougher policing that the Republicans have been demanding?

A place where libtards and Demoncrats can't treat criminals with kid gloves, and where real interrogative practices can take place away from left wing media bias?

albrecht

Amazing. I've heard of the "American Gitmos" called Communication Management Unit* prisons and theories about the Post Offices** (and, of course, the FEMA Camps.) But that article is pretty scary.
*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communication_Management_Unit
** http://www.prisonplanet.com/u-s-postal-service-expands-construction-of-secret-rooms.html

Chicago huh?

Must be all those right wingers who've been running the place for the past 100 years

I'm sure Obama will out front on this as soon as he comes off the golf course

albrecht

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 24, 2015, 07:49:04 PM
Chicago huh?

Must be all those right wingers who've been running the place for the past 100 years

I'm sure Obama will out front on this as soon as he comes off the golf course
As his friend and mentor has said "the chickens have come home to roost." This was always the danger of the aggrandisement of the Federal government, constant war, and police state. Even if done for "good" purposes initially it only take one fifth columnist to seize power due to political correctness, white-guilt, and media frenzy for the war policies to be turned against us. Even now as Obama's formerly vaunted "rebels" behead and immolate Christians and captives this character Obama has State Dept conferences with the ultra-radical Moslem Brotherhood and has concerns that the biggest threat is returning veterans and "right wing" extremists.

VtaGeezer

Its funny how shooting a grim urban winter scene, and editing in a "Police Only" parking sign from who knows where, becomes Lubianka West/Gitmo North for the paranoid. 

Chaim

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 28, 2015, 01:38:27 PM
Its funny how shooting a grim urban winter scene, and editing in a "Police Only" parking sign from who knows where, becomes Lubianka West/Gitmo North for the paranoid.
I just posted the video because I like the romantic winter landscape.

Juan

I spoke with a friend who spent her career in bulk mail centers.  She says as long ago as the late 70s they were building in small office sized rooms that were completely hidden.  You found not see the doors to the rooms and the latch was also hidden.  She has no idea what these rooms were designed for, but of course they were used for sex between top managers and employees.