• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Leonard Nimoy 'Rushed To Hospital'

Started by Kelt, February 23, 2015, 06:00:30 PM

albrecht

Let us hope it is indigestion or some such. Or maybe just a panic attack due to these snows and "arctic blasts?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kGB5MMIAVA

analog kid

I thought he had lung cancer from a lifetime of smoking.

albrecht

Quote from: analog kid on February 23, 2015, 06:20:03 PM
I thought he had lung cancer from a lifetime of smoking.

Health Benefits of Tobacco
Show Audio
Full show audio not available
Highlights
'Man-Dog' Sighting
Windows Player
Secondhand Smoke & Bad Statistics
Windows Player
Smoking Benefits & Fatty Diets
Windows Player
Date:    08-27-05
Host:    Ian Punnett
Guests:    Dr. William Campbell Douglass

Medical maverick Dr. William Campbell Douglass, who himself smokes 3 to 4 cigars a day, discussed the therapeutic effects of moderate smoking and secondhand smoke. Campbell said he did not always view smoking in a positive light, recalling his early days of practicing medicine when he would refuse to treat patients who continued to smoke.

"Smoking in moderation will not harm you," Campbell explained, citing several medical conditions, including cancer, that can be improved by smoking.

Morgus

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/23/leonard-nimoy-hospitalized-chest-pains-rushed-hospital/

Leonard Nimoy
Hospitalized for
Severe Chest Pains
2/23/2015 11:21 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Leonard Nimoy was rushed to the hospital after severe chest pains prompted a 911 call ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources say the legendary "Star Trek" star was transported to UCLA Medical Center last Thursday.

We're told paramedics weren't taking chances with Captain Spock and got him in front of a doctor ASAP. Nimoy's been in and out of hospitals multiple times in the last few months.

Nimoy announced he was suffering from COPD back in 2014, and even though he quit smoking more than 30 years ago ... he blames his illness on decades of lighting up.

We've reached out to Nimoy's rep for comment ... but no word back yet.

jazmunda

Quote from: albrecht on February 23, 2015, 06:34:47 PM
Health Benefits of Tobacco
Show Audio
Full show audio not available
Highlights
'Man-Dog' Sighting
Windows Player
Secondhand Smoke & Bad Statistics
Windows Player
Smoking Benefits & Fatty Diets
Windows Player
Date:    08-27-05
Host:    Ian Punnett
Guests:    Dr. William Campbell Douglass

Medical maverick Dr. William Campbell Douglass, who himself smokes 3 to 4 cigars a day, discussed the therapeutic effects of moderate smoking and secondhand smoke. Campbell said he did not always view smoking in a positive light, recalling his early days of practicing medicine when he would refuse to treat patients who continued to smoke.

"Smoking in moderation will not harm you," Campbell explained, citing several medical conditions, including cancer, that can be improved by smoking.

You do realize that that same show discussed a "Man-Dog" sighting? Just saying. :)

albrecht

Quote from: jazmunda on February 23, 2015, 06:36:28 PM
You do realize that that same show discussed a "Man-Dog" sighting? Just saying. :)
Best part:
According to Campbell, the health benefits of tobacco have been overlooked because of "extremely unreliable" statistics. He pointed out that in Greece and Japan, and other places where smoking is very prevalent, people tend to live longer and healthier lives than in places where smoking is restricted. He also acknowledged the role of diet in overall health and longevity, and recommended a diet rich in animal fat.

Smoke em while you got them and fry up some bacon and you'll live forever.....

Kelt

I was reticent to mention the source, TMZ (essentially a network for shrieking cunts and abject morons), but it has been picked up by other outlets, so may be true.

sydtron

Peace and long life Capitan Spock!    :-\

Quote from: albrecht on February 23, 2015, 06:39:05 PM
Best part:
According to Campbell, the health benefits of tobacco have been overlooked because of "extremely unreliable" statistics. He pointed out that in Greece and Japan, and other places where smoking is very prevalent, people tend to live longer and healthier lives than in places where smoking is restricted. He also acknowledged the role of diet in overall health and longevity, and recommended a diet rich in animal fat.

Smoke em while you got them and fry up some bacon and you'll live forever.....

Sbow me a wild chimp smoking in its native environment, and then maybe I'll believe.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Morgus on February 23, 2015, 06:35:44 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/23/leonard-nimoy-hospitalized-chest-pains-rushed-hospital/

Leonard Nimoy
Hospitalized for
Severe Chest Pains
2/23/2015 11:21 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Leonard Nimoy was rushed to the hospital after severe chest pains prompted a 911 call ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources say the legendary "Star Trek" star was transported to UCLA Medical Center last Thursday.

We're told paramedics weren't taking chances with Captain Spock and got him in front of a doctor ASAP. Nimoy's been in and out of hospitals multiple times in the last few months.

Nimoy announced he was suffering from COPD back in 2014, and even though he quit smoking more than 30 years ago ... he blames his illness on decades of lighting up.

We've reached out to Nimoy's rep for comment ... but no word back yet.

Why would law enforcement officers be involved? Chest pains against the law? He's an old man who smoked. Clue.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 24, 2015, 12:35:34 AM
Why would law enforcement officers be involved? Chest pains against the law? He's an old man who smoked. Clue.

Hey there Yorkshire Pud, out here in 'Murica when one calls the 911, one gets the cops, ambulance, and fire department.  Cops were probably there when the ambulance 'transported' (snicker, can't help it, to a trekkie, that's hilarious) him to UCLA & told the paparazzi stalkers press.

As a few other intertube commenters have said, "Where's Bones when you need him?"

I just hope they make sure his brain is ok.

Nick el Ass

Nooooo. Leonard must live longer, and prosper more. I just recently found the show in which he was on with Art... and that man is a truly great one.

WOTR

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 24, 2015, 12:45:03 AM
...Cops were probably there when the ambulance 'transported' (snicker, can't help it, to a trekkie, that's hilarious)
That is funny no matter who you are...

COPD is one ugly disease.  I may not agree with the "good" doctor that you should smoke and eat bacon- but I do light up a cigar (or more often a pipe) once a week.  For the amount of stress that it releases I would think it is healthy and I take my chances.  However- the doctor smokes 3 or 4 a day and thinks it is a good idea?  That would amount to smoking for several hours a day- so why not just light up a pack a day and be done with it?

That doctor seems like he ought to be on a Noory "health" show.  Take your Tuermeric, Caranova, cigars and high fat diet while flushing your prescription meds for a long and healthy life. ::)

onan

God, times have changed. In my early twenties, Dr Rausch smoked while doing a physical exam.

Quote from: onan on February 24, 2015, 06:53:40 AM
God, times have changed. In my early twenties, Dr Rausch smoked while doing a physical exam.

I can remember, back in the 50's, our family doctor making a house call and sitting at the kitchen table afterward discussing who had what and what treatment was required over a cup of coffee and a cigarette.

WAIT A MINUTE!  Did I say 50's??  That was a memory from something my grandmother said.... :P

Get well soon, Mr. Spock.

pate

Not Sure why this particular video was made, but I use it to illustrate that apparently as it once was (the 1950s) so it shall be again (perhaps an alternated future timeline, but who can tell?)

(Doc Cottle was a smoker, and yeah it was supposedly longer ago than the 1950s but we all know our Illuminati masters do not want us to know that they control time masheens so they employ this fiction that BSG was the "past" to opiate the masses...):

Cottle MusicVid Under pressure

I hope Leonard Nimoy's 'chest pain' incident is as minor as the one my pa had a few weeks ago.  My pa smoked a pipe for many years, mainly because us kids kept buying him new pipes and pipe tobacco for Christmas, he was somewhat difficult to shop for, but he quit at least 20-25 years ago as well.  Pa went to the hospital for a minor minor minor heart attack/stroke.  Barely slowed my pa down.  They kept him cooped up in the hospital for less than a week running tests and diagnostic stuff.  Virtually zero bad effects btw.  He's playing golf and going to re-hab sessions mainly to get his heart-rate above a certain BPM.  Was working on the lawn last time I stopped by my parents house saw him after waking up in the basement, hungover with open nudie magazines, Cheetos and orange hands...

Seriously, I hope whatever it was Mr. Nimoy experienced it is/was minor like my dear pa-pa's incident.

Live long and prosper, sir!

analog kid

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 24, 2015, 12:35:34 AM

Lt.Uhura

Searching for my copy of this, which was very popular the year Nimoy supported the Great American Smokeout.

[attachimg=1]

ksm32

His death makes you feel just a little bit older.. Slowly the things of childhood go away.  I'm gonna go watch "Spocks Brain"  (original series) like anyone wouldn't know.

Art, don't you go trying this death thing...