• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Topics you want Art to cover when he comes back in July!

Started by henge0stone, February 23, 2015, 02:49:55 PM

Sean92008

A suggestion would be Bryan Suits, host of "Dark, Secret Place" on KFI 640 Los Angeles.  Bryan replaced C2C on Saturday nights from 10 PM to midnight.

Bryan is really in touch on military intelligence and street smarts in the middle east.

http://www.kfiam640.com/onair/dark-secret-place-56189/?dontcacheme

Juan Cena

Quote from: blitzer850 on June 26, 2015, 12:08:37 AM
I'll check it out.
Didn't that ex White House chef go hiking alone & was found dead or something?  Speaking of weird happenings..

It was ruled an accidental drowning, I believe.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Jackstar on July 05, 2015, 04:51:15 AM

http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/05/obama-birth-certificate-shocker-evidence-deceased-hawaii-health-director-loretta-fuddy-paid/

The absolute last topic I want to hear on Art's new show is more bass-ackward truther-spank talk...unless it's Art telling one of these spanks they need to get their cranial cavity out of their rectal cavity.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Juan Cena on July 05, 2015, 05:20:41 AM
The absolute last topic I want to hear on Art's new show is more bass-ackward truther-spank talk...unless it's Art telling one of these spanks they need to get their cranial cavity out of their rectal cavity.

Art's never gone in for that kind of thing. I'm pretty sure the last person you would hear on the new show would be Alex Jones or someone similar. He doesn't even go halfway with a kind of open-minded approach. It's just a straightforward, 'no, that's bullshit' view, which is refreshing.

Jackstar

Accidental drowning! Move along, nothing to see here!

Underground bases and tunnels, Richard Sauder wrote a book about this and was interviewed by Art once.  Sauder is still around and was a guest on Late Night in the Midlands on DMDN last night.

henge0stone

Quote from: Juan Cena on July 05, 2015, 05:20:41 AM

Seriously. Anything that even sounds like Alex Jones or any truther garbage Art should turn and run the other way.

Once things get swinging I think it would be really cool to have a Prison Stories line and a Whistleblower line.

The Prison Story line would be cool because its tough to imagine real places scarier than prison. Also Art has occasionally had a few excons call in and they have always have extremely fascinating calls. Also I think it would be something unique Art hasn't done before.

Also a Whistleblower line for obvious reasons.

Juan Cena

I suggested this as a Coast topic elsewhere. The idea that consciousness can be defined as a state of matter.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/physics/physicists-say-consciousness-might-be-a-state-of-matter/

I seem to recall Art having a fascination with the idea of a soul that served as part of the impetus for the original Dreamland show.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on July 05, 2015, 03:11:36 PM
This.
v v v

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y8IV70JpJg

That reminds me of Alicia Keys' speech at the Tidal launch for some reason.  :D

Anonymous as a topic would be cool, though.

I'd like to know what he has been doing with his time during his "vacation".

CornyCrow

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 05, 2015, 11:48:03 PM
Once things get swinging I think it would be really cool to have a Prison Stories line and a Whistleblower line.

The Prison Story line would be cool because its tough to imagine real places scarier than prison. Also Art has occasionally had a few excons call in and they have always have extremely fascinating calls. Also I think it would be something unique Art hasn't done before.

Also a Whistleblower line for obvious reasons.
These sound fabulous. 
I am concerned that it will take a while to gather a big enough audience.  The bigger the audience, the higher the probability of callers with interesting stories.  I don't know if I'd do special lines until the audience reached a certain size.  I guess Art will lose the beloved truckers who used to call in.  Is there a method they could use to listen while driving? 
Also, the old C2C people are only used to their radios.  I have purchased an internet radio but have not yet set it up.  I'm hoping that I can get Art on it.  If not, I will have to listen the following day on the computer. 
God, I hope we get a big enough audience.  How many people normally listen to internet radio?  How does it compare to normal AM radio and how fast is it growing? 

Juan Cena

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 06, 2015, 04:24:18 PM

This would make a great show topic.  The Anonymous Line.

Yeah, I've been kind of surprised that Anonymous really hasn't gotten a lot of attention on C2C. I guess Georgie is too scared of those Guy Fawkes Masks to cover it.

I'd love to see Art cover Anonymous.

Conversely, I'd love to hear Art interview Alan Moore, who wrote the V for Vendetta, the graphic novel  that helped turn the Guy Fawkes mask into a symbol of rebellion against the establishment. It was and is one billion times better than the movie, and is one of the most beautiful graphic novels I've ever read.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned him already, but I found Art's interview with Bart Kosko on AI and fuzzy logic utterly fascinating.

A lot has changed in AI and computer technology in the last 10 years, it would be really interesting to listen to someone with a very deep understanding of the subject.

zeebo

Quote from: carpoolgänger on July 07, 2015, 06:46:04 AM
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned him already, but I found Art's interview with Bart Kosko on AI and fuzzy logic utterly fascinating.

A lot has changed in AI and computer technology in the last 10 years, it would be really interesting to listen to someone with a very deep understanding of the subject.

I totally agree and made the same suggestion somewhere.  As I recall he also touched on nanotech and transhumanist ideas too.  Great guest and topics. 

zeebo

Remember when Art had the P.I. on who talked about how to disappear (or track down someone trying to do same)?  Would be an interesting topic to update.  Must be a lot harder these days to fly below the radar with all the modern tech surrounding us - digital/electronic records, smartphones, GPS, social networks, traffic cameras, drones, etc.

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 06, 2015, 04:24:18 PM

This would make a great show topic.  The Anonymous Line.

I dont know about that. Anonymous can be fun until they feel its time to shut down his site for pure lulz.

I could see Art getting pissed with thousands of Sloth memes sent to his email too.

Heather Wade

Quote from: NW Kro͞oˈsādər on July 07, 2015, 11:19:10 AM
I dont know about that. Anonymous can be fun until they feel its time to shut down his site for pure lulz.

I could see Art getting pissed with thousands of Sloth memes sent to his email too.

Always a possibility with Anonymous.

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on July 07, 2015, 11:12:27 AM
Remember when Art had the P.I. on who talked about how to disappear (or track down someone trying to do same)?  Would be an interesting topic to update.  Must be a lot harder these days to fly below the radar with all the modern tech surrounding us - digital/electronic records, smartphones, GPS, social networks, traffic cameras, drones, etc.
Ed Pankau, RIP. It was an interesting show and he was an interesting guy.
http://www.nytimes.com/1992/02/20/business/a-new-breed-of-sam-spade-trails-crooks-hidden-assets.html

That topic would be a good one to reprise and update with a good guest. Besides the way to "disappear" modern day P.I.'s would be an interesting show. I'm trying to recall a colorful P.I. that also ran sort of a spyshop in El Paso who might have been a guest?
edit- found him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_J._Armes

What I want Art to look into and possibly do a show on is this.......prep yourself, it's deep. The Dyatlov Pass Incident-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVHFHIP9eWk

Also please read this detailed work regarding the mystery.

https://thecloakedhedgehog.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/the-dyatlov-pass-incident-part-1/

Another good read on the subject. I hope you guys dig it as much as it intrigues me.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130827111447/http://ermaktravel.com/Europe/Russia/Cholat-%20Syachil/Kholat%20Syakhl.htm

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: NW Kro͞oˈsādər on July 07, 2015, 11:19:10 AM

Anonymous are hacktivists, not simple-minded trolls.  Art Bell would not even be on their radar.  Their main objective seems to be doling out payback to societal miscreants. 

Lt.Uhura

Last night on U7 was a show from April 16, 2001 with Harold Ort, editor of the now defunct Popular Communications Magazine.  What a great show!  Too bad I missed it when it first aired.  Mr. Ort was incredibly knowledgeable and articulate about all things radio: Terrestrial, Ham, FCC, etc.  He and Art also had a wonderful rapport. 

Among other thoughts on the future of radio, Ort outlined how Internet streaming would likely impact terrestrial radio (this was 2001), and now in 2015 his outlook was spot-on.  Sadly though, his own magazine seems to have fallen to the Internet. 

It would be great to have him back with Art again!

Quote from: zeebo on July 07, 2015, 11:12:27 AM
I loved that interview! Definitely remember that one man.