• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Topics you want Art to cover when he comes back in July!

Started by henge0stone, February 23, 2015, 02:49:55 PM

Heather Wade

Quote from: NW Kro͞oˈsādər on May 23, 2015, 12:34:12 PM
Ive tried that and the response was a email failure unfortunately.

???

Your email server may be grey listed:  http://artbell.com/contact-us/

aldousburbank

I would love to listen to Art interview Rush drummer and lyric writer, Neal Peart. I enjoyed his book (Ghost Rider) about riding his BMW moto to heal his soul.

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 24, 2015, 11:14:13 PM
I would love to listen to Art interview Rush drummer and lyric writer, Neal Peart. I enjoyed his book (Ghost Rider) about riding his BMW moto to heal his soul.

Che Guevara comes to mind.:P

Also this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SuFO4y8eFI

SciFiAuthor

Some suggestions for science themed shows. Michio Kaku goes without saying. But here are some more:

I would like to hear Art interview Robert Zubrin not because of his Mars work but a specific interview about his ideas on anti-humanism and how it kills our drive to explore space or do anything great anymore as a species. He wrote a great book on it, Merchants of Despair, but it flew under the radar. It's true, real conspiracy fact from an eminent aerospace engineer and Mars advocate that's been around the interview circuit for years.

Other suggestions:

Bjorn Lomborg. The climate scientists tried to crucify this guy conspiracy-style for suggesting that we might not be doomed from Climate Change. Watch the Documentary "Cool it" on Netflix for a peek.

Nick Bostrum: an Oxford professor that suggests that we almost certainly live in a computer simulation and backs it up with a hard-to-dispute theorem.

Ray Kurzweil: an old guest, but we're now much closer to the Singularity than when Art last interviewed him.

gabrielle

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 24, 2015, 11:31:36 PM
Some suggestions for science themed shows. Michio Kaku goes without saying. But here are some more:

I would like to hear Art interview Robert Zubrin not because of his Mars work but a specific interview about his ideas on anti-humanism and how it kills our drive to explore space or do anything great anymore as a species. He wrote a great book on it, Merchants of Despair, but it flew under the radar. It's true, real conspiracy fact from an eminent aerospace engineer and Mars advocate that's been around the interview circuit for years.

Other suggestions:

Bjorn Lomborg. The climate scientists tried to crucify this guy conspiracy-style for suggesting that we might not be doomed from Climate Change. Watch the Documentary "Cool it" on Netflix for a peek.

Nick Bostrum: an Oxford professor that suggests that we almost certainly live in a computer simulation and backs it up with a hard-to-dispute theorem.

Ray Kurzweil: an old guest, but we're now much closer to the Singularity than when Art last interviewed him.

All great suggestions.  Can't wait.

46blitz

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 24, 2015, 11:31:36 PM

Other suggestions:

2nd this

SciFiAuthor

Another suggestion. Find someone from Lockheed Martin to discuss this:

http://www.eweek.com/news/lockheed-martin-claims-sustainable-fusion-is-within-its-grasp.html

It's a very real possibility that both the energy and carbon dioxide emissions problems we think we face could be entirely solved within ten years bringing us to abundant, cheap, entirely green energy and few will see it coming until it happens, possibly as a result of a ramp up to Kurzweil's Singularity. And it's not coming from from some start-up company, it's Lockheed Martin's Skunkworks.

Another idea is to have someone from Google come on and explain the specifics of why Google is so interested in dramatically extending the human lifespan to the point of headhunting the Chairman of Apple to run their initiative.

http://mashable.com/2013/09/18/google-calico-human-life/

Worth noting, Art's old guest Ray Kurzweil, the "crazy futurist inventor" that talked about a coming technological singularity, now works for Google. There used to be millions of people that listened to Art in the good old days in the 90's. Now, some of us are here in Bellgab, but others run megacorporations now.

Paradox

Got this from an old show, but it sounds interesting, feral humans.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Paradox on May 26, 2015, 05:58:33 AM
Got this from an old show, but it sounds interesting, feral humans.
I'm available.

BillSchafer

I'm hoping for a show that is not locked into Saving the Earth. That show is out there already, in spades. I long for the late night talk about Mel's Hole, inventing a time machine (and taking it for a spin), finding a phone booth in the middle of nowhere and making it a major tourist stop for months. And, yes UFOs.
To me, that's the Art Bell I want and hope to find in July.
Bill S

Juan Cena

I suggested a show on the Ghost Dance movement among Native American tribes during the late 1800s over in the Topics You Wish C2C Covered thread. I would love to hear Art do a show on this.

er92

There was a guest I think in the late 90s (didn't listen to og broadcast) who had stolen electrical transformers and attempted to build a time machine. Never heard about him again some follow up would be awesome. I read online about a phenomena of people dressed as clowns in the early 80s in the Boston area following children near schools. http://newenglandfolklore.blogspot.ca/2013/04/evil-phantom-clowns.html

Art, if your reading this make me  a promise NO number's lady please dear God NO!

Nick el Ass

Quote from: er92 on May 28, 2015, 01:39:05 AM
There was a guest I think in the late 90s (didn't listen to og broadcast) who had stolen electrical transformers and attempted to build a time machine. Never heard about him again some follow up would be awesome. I read online about a phenomena of people dressed as clowns in the early 80s in the Boston area following children near schools. http://newenglandfolklore.blogspot.ca/2013/04/evil-phantom-clowns.html

Art, if your reading this make me  a promise NO number's lady please dear God NO!

Madman Marcum is his name, and I thought he was one of the best guests ever.

aldousburbank

Judyth Vary Baker and her relationship with Oswald, whose true role was inside man  for JFK, not his assassin.

http://meandlee.com/

The General

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 28, 2015, 02:16:59 PM
Judyth Vary Baker and her relationship with Oswald, whose true role was inside man  for JFK, not his assassin.

That's a wild tale and while not one that I personally believe, it would make for a good show.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 28, 2015, 02:16:59 PM

She was on with Dave Schrader in 2014, and boy was it an embarrassing interview on her part. She claimed she met Oswald on a bus when he walked by someone, and coughed all over them to make them get up to sit by her. Then she tried to pass off her own poetry which was in her new book as being written by Lee Harvey Oswald himself. The whole thing is bs from top to bottom.

Catops

Quote from: Juan Cena on May 27, 2015, 10:45:27 PM
I suggested a show on the Ghost Dance movement among Native American tribes during the late 1800s over in the Topics You Wish C2C Covered thread. I would love to hear Art do a show on this.

The Ghost Dance movement would be great.  You've got vivid historical circumstances, the birth of a new social movement complete with a leader, strange rituals and beliefs sweeping across the indigenous population of the West.  However I don't know of any popular book/author out there who could come on and talk about it.  Russell Thornton is the big scholar on the Ghost Dance but his work focused heavily on demographics which isn't exactly the fodder of late night radio.  (I took a course from him in grad school).  On the other hand, he's taught the material enough I bet he could talk about it in his sleep, so maybe the hour wouldn't matter.

I've got another nomination: Get Robert Schneck on to talk about Mrs. Wakeman vs. the Antichrist, a collection of weird true tales from American history that came out last October.  I came across the book by accident doing local history research then remembered that Schneck had been on Binnall of America or some other podcast with his prior book and had been an excellent guest with really interesting material.  There's a long excerpt from the current book out on the web which makes a great read.

Juan Cena

Rachael Maddow had a story on tonight about the strong of un solved murders of critics of Vlad Putin. Would be a great topic for Art to cover, as it really isn't covered that much by the mainstream corporate media.

Dave, on the other hand only seems to let guests who want to lick Putin's rear end.

SciFiAuthor

More ideas:

Freeman Dyson is still alive and appearing in documentaries, so I'm guessing he'd probably do an interview. This would be like interviewing Einstein. He's an eminent physicist, and I mean eminent, but also cooked up some really great futurism like the Dyson Sphere, which was featured in an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. He's also a controversial climate change skeptic, even at 91 years old.

Werner Herzog: eminent director of movies that focus on the most extreme of people. He's a veritable expert on the strangest and most absurdly driven people on earth. People like Tim Treadwell from Grizzly Man that are too busy trying to get eaten by bears to call in to a radio show or Herzog himself who once hoisted a steamship over a mountain just so it would look right in the movie as opposed to using a special effect.

Peter Joseph: A documentary maker that made a series of conspiracy theory films that resulted in The Zeitgeist Movement. I don't agree with much of what the guy posits, but the young people went apeshit over the documentaries.

SciFiAuthor

And of course George Noory's ex-wife. Bellgab wants to know.

MABUSE

More Loren Coleman cryptid stuff fused with localized weirdness like the Foulke Monster, Beast of Bray Road, Dogman, Devil Monkey, etc.  preferably local "researchers" and collectors.  I think this sort of High Strangeness is more prevalent than we guess at and I am curious to hear more accounts.

alger

Why don't you go away Art?  Thank you but it's time. You are are scammer, you've built your money pile on the backs of others.  Screwed your own families. Just go, scum.

Heather Wade

Quote from: alger on May 31, 2015, 01:42:47 PM
Why don't you go away Art?  Thank you but it's time. You are are scammer, you've built your money pile on the backs of others.  Screwed your own families. Just go, scum.

I shall drag you by your ear into my office, sir.  Myself, and a few big, scary BellGabbers would like a word.  Sit in the chair under that million candlepower lamp.

Nick el Ass

What a dick.

chefist

Hi Dave! How was your weekend?

Please, no more JFK conspiracy nonsense. It`s all hogwash.