• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Ciardelo

Quote from: WOTR on January 30, 2017, 02:22:14 AM
Sigh.  This is Bellgab.  You are one or the other as there is, simply, no middle ground.  :P

I had actually found the first guest easier to listen to.  I think it is back to the reason of this horrible speaker (same excuse I used last week.)  This particular range of her voice is just not good...

My *ION Sound Splash FM BlueTooth speaker seems to highlight her vocal fry...rough night for Knapp indeed.  :(

TigerLily

Quote from: comaphobe on January 30, 2017, 02:35:08 AM
these are all literally the very worst exports of music canaduh has offered.

Surely you don't include Robin Trower in your blanket dissing

comaphobe

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 30, 2017, 02:39:25 AM
Has he played Rush tonight?

LOL not yet I don't think but it's coming.... I can feeeeel it.... brace for impact.....

comaphobe

Quote from: TigerLily on January 30, 2017, 02:40:50 AM

Who is that TigerLily??

Quote from: TigerLily on January 30, 2017, 02:40:50 AM

Robin Trower is a god.

TigerLily

Quote from: comaphobe on January 30, 2017, 02:41:52 AM
Who is that TigerLily??

Yeesss. And he played my favorite Gordon Lightfoot song too

Oh. You mean the photo? My protege, MiniLily

Certainly you weren't asking who Robin Trower is

Quote from: comaphobe on January 30, 2017, 02:41:52 AM
Who is that TigerLily??

Procol Harum lead guitarist and then left for a solo career around 1970.

comaphobe

Quote from: TigerLily on January 30, 2017, 02:45:53 AM
Yeesss. And he played my favorite Gordon Lightfoot song too

Oh. You mean the photo? My protege, MiniLily

Robin Trower? Is he a UK blues guy? That's all I got out of wiki, I was totally unfamiliar with his musical lineage.

The pic is authentic NanoLily?

comaphobe

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 30, 2017, 02:46:50 AM
Procol Harum lead guitarist and then left for a solo career around 1970.

I literally cannot place him or his band, and scanning his wiki page didn't help me much either...

Ciardelo

Good on you George for trying to keep it moving.

GravitySucks

Quote from: comaphobe on January 30, 2017, 02:49:12 AM
Robin Trower? Is he a UK blues guy? That's all I got out of wiki, I was totally unfamiliar with his musical lineage.

He was with Procol Harum when they put out Whiter Shade of Pale (vocals, guitar). I liked his Bridge of Sighs album in the mid 70's.

Quote from: comaphobe on January 30, 2017, 02:52:54 AM
I literally cannot place him or his band, and scanning his wiki page didn't help me much either...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb3iPP-tHdA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW2KN7Tz89s

Not Trower playing guitar on this version of Conquistador but he is on the original version.  I prefer this version though.

TigerLily

Quote from: comaphobe on January 30, 2017, 02:49:12 AM

Prepare for an audible feast

I recommend Bridge of Sighs and his Live album

Ciardelo

GravitySucks

George Knapp must have taught Heather how to say aweejuh board.

I like George Knapp, the first guest's story about murders on a remote Inuit island in Hudson's Bay was moderately interesting as told by the guest though the long buildup to the actual murders raised my expectations for a more exciting climax than he delivered.  The second guest is Jorch caliber, I'm no sexist but middle aged female guests who claim to be intuitives or the like are always terrible, might as well just put on random crazy cat ladies, which I presume most of these women are.

TigerLily

lol. Glad you're not sexist

Ciardelo

If she has a teenage son, there might be a reason his door is closed. I wonder if the poltergeist uses up a lot of Kleenexâ,,¢?

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 30, 2017, 03:07:04 AM
I like George Knapp, the first guest's story about murders on a remote Inuit island in Hudson's Bay was moderately interesting as told by the guest though the long buildup to the actual murders raised my expectations for a more exciting climax than he delivered.  The second guest is Jorch caliber, I'm no sexist but middle aged female guests who claim to be intuitives or the like are always terrible, might as well just put on random crazy cat ladies, which I presume most of these women are.

I'm not going to say anything about crazy cat ladies as I happen to like them but I'm with you on the rest of your statement.  This lady is not a compelling guest.  There are so many more interesting people with good ghost stories to tell. 

WOTR

thanks for the link Ciardelo... It was interesting to listen to.

I'm done for the night.  I was really hoping for an expert in Canadian ghost stories- from coast to coast... A treasure trove of creepy stories from old hotels and haunted highways from the 1900's to modern days.  Certainly in a country as vast as ours there are stories to make you pause and your hair stand on end.  Instead I get to hear about her son, her house, her growing up and her being called by her friends to look into their strange events.  I love Knapp, but my time would be better used sleeping... Night all.

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 30, 2017, 03:18:03 AM
If she has a teenage son, there might be a reason his door is closed. I wonder if the poltergeist uses up a lot of Kleenexâ,,¢?

And one last, good laugh for the evening.  ;D

I don't know if anyone has checked out this lady's, Norene, channel on youtube but she has interesting guests.

Here is one for example.  She has people like Weatherly and LaChance on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2knsBeiMzk

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 30, 2017, 03:18:03 AM

LOL.  Good one, C. ;D

comaphobe

Quote from: WOTR on January 30, 2017, 03:20:58 AM

I'm done for the night.  I was really hoping for an expert in Canadian ghost stories- from coast to coast... A treasure trove of creepy stories from old hotels and haunted highways from the 1900's to modern days.  Certainly in a country as vast as ours there are stories to make you pause and your hair stand on end.  Instead I get to hear about her son, her house, her growing up and her being called by her friends to look into their strange events.  I love Knapp, but my time would be better sleeping... Night all.

Remember the movie The Gate? Canadian movie filmed in King City. It's not really about ghosts, but a portal opens up in the backyard. It was fun.

JesusJuice

The caller was more interesting than the guest.

Ciardelo

Quote from: WOTR on January 30, 2017, 03:20:58 AM
thanks for the link Ciardelo... It was interesting to listen to.

I'm done for the night.  I was really hoping for an expert in Canadian ghost stories- from coast to coast... A treasure trove of creepy stories from old hotels and haunted highways from the 1900's to modern days.  Certainly in a country as vast as ours there are stories to make you pause and your hair stand on end.  Instead I get to hear about her son, her house, her growing up and her being called by her friends to look into their strange events.  I love Knapp, but my time would be better used sleeping... Night all.

And one last, good laugh for the evening.  ;D

Good night!  :D

TigerLily

Time to check out. Now I'm torn between listening to C's post or 21's post. Sweet Dreams, Sweeties

Quote from: TigerLily on January 30, 2017, 03:37:10 AM
Time to check out. Now I'm torn between listening to C's post or 21's post. Sweet Dreams, Sweeties

Good night, TL.  Sweet dreams!  ;)

pate

Quote from: TigerLily on January 23, 2017, 02:03:02 AM
Ciardelo need not be ashamed of his little ... quirk. No judgey people here on Bellgab

mmm!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O1cfAZ8-_A

Ciardelo

Quote from: TigerLily on January 30, 2017, 03:37:10 AM

Sweet Dreams!