• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 16, 2017, 01:14:31 PM
That is touching.  Brought some tears to my eyes.  Thanks, IO. :D
You're welcome, as always, 21st.  The least I could do for all your wonderful movie reviews and recommendations.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 16, 2017, 02:56:24 AM
Love that film.  :D ;)

It's my favorites, but wasn't able to discuss it at the time because I was just about ready to pass out after helping finish Scotty's bottle of green stuff.

Bruce Campbell was his usual hilarious self, and does an outstanding elderly Elvis, but casting Ossie Davis as JFK was a brilliant stroke and what really makes it for me. I'm surprised they were able to get him, but glad he agreed to do it!

Have you seen the version with commentary by BC as Elvis? It's a hoot, and I found out from it that the actor who plays the resident who thinks he's the Lone Ranger played Dash (Homer Noodleman) Riprock on The Beverly Hillbillies.

I heard there were plans for a sequel that fell through, and that's good because there's no way it could have come close to equaling the original.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 16, 2017, 03:51:37 PM
It's my favorites, but wasn't able to discuss it at the time because I was just about ready to pass out after helping finish Scotty's bottle of green stuff.

Bruce Campbell was his usual hilarious self, and does an outstanding elderly Elvis, but casting Ossie Davis as JFK was a brilliant stroke and what really makes it for me. I'm surprised they were able to get him, but glad he agreed to do it!

Have you seen the version with commentary by BC as Elvis? It's a hoot, and I found out from it that the actor who plays the resident who thinks he's the Lone Ranger played Dash (Homer Noodleman) Riprock on The Beverly Hillbillies.

I heard there were plans for a sequel that fell through, and that's good because there's no way it could have come close to equaling the original.

No, it wouldn't have. Ossie Davis was essential to the success of the first film and he passed on not too long after it was made.  I bet he thought it was a hoot to do this movie.  Not a bad way to end a career.  I have the first edition of Bubba on DVD and I can't remember if there was a commentary on it. I'll have to check it since you recommended it. Thanks. :D

zeebo

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on January 16, 2017, 02:32:14 PM
I was so tired last night, I went to bed early and listened to the show there.
Now, after reading all the posts from last night's show, I so much regret not staying up and joining you.  Most all of my favorite BellGabber were here....

Some great posts last nite, including even one "Markie" post.   ;D   Hope you catch the next one Starr.   :)

Juan Cena

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 16, 2017, 01:16:21 AM
Poor Carole. Killed by aliens.  I don't think Gable ever recovered from that.  He aged a lot immediately thereafter.

Clark Gable and Pope (Saint) John XXIII died on the same day.

Juan Cena

Quote from: JesusJuice on January 16, 2017, 02:38:48 AM
I don't think we'll ever know who built the pyramids. 😔

Who built the pyramids?

ELVIS!

https://youtu.be/ZaD5mAC3P2s

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 16, 2017, 03:51:37 PM
It's my favorites, but wasn't able to discuss it at the time because I was just about ready to pass out after helping finish Scotty's bottle of green stuff....

Thanks for the tip on this one RGG, I have never even heard of this flick.  I'm a Bruce C. fan as well so I will definitely seek this one out.  Take it easy with Scotty's green whiskey and steer clear of the blue Vulcan stuff altogether.

Quote from: zeebo on January 17, 2017, 01:09:44 AM
Thanks for the tip on this one RGG, I have never even heard of this flick.  I'm a Bruce C. fan as well so I will definitely seek this one out.  Take it easy with Scotty's green whiskey and steer clear of the blue Vulcan stuff altogether.
That's Aldebaran Whiskey my dapper friend.
Pssst - Don't tell any one, but I picked up a few barrels to add to my private private stock from the last time I was on Aldebaran III. (It's been outlawed in the Federation due to its potency and deleterious side effects.) If the Hoagster ever starts rebroadcasting, perhaps I'll crack a barrel over in the OSOM thread to celebrate with everyone.  ;) 
(It's damn potent stuff.)

MrHippie

Are you looking for George Knapp shows ?
Here is a link from the nice people at the coast website

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/george-knapp-shows

--

From last weekend

Date
Sunday - January 15, 2017
Host
George Knapp
Guests
Paul Blake Smith,  Scott Creighton   

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2017/01/15

What a great show
two intelligent guests with provocative topics
who don't just speculate on somebody else's speculation

These journalists spend a few years doing there own research and go out

and actually interview people and then write a book and appear on Coast

with George Knapp. GK reads BOTH of their books and and conducts a

thoughtful and respectful interview that always has the LISTENER in

mind.

---

"Researcher and author Paul Blake Smith joined George Knapp in the

first half to discuss a pre-Roswell 1941 incident, in which ETs

allegedly crash-landed their circular spaceship on a farm just outside

of Cape Girardeau, Missouri."

Paul Smith was a top notch Coast guest. He came across as honest and

genuine

---

"Despite millennia of fame, the origins of the Great Pyramid of Giza

are shrouded in mystery. Believed to be the tomb of an Egyptian king,

even though no remains have ever been found, its dating at roughly 2550

BCE is tied to only one piece of evidence: crudely painted marks within

the pyramid’s hidden chambers that refer to the 4th Dynasty king Khufu.

In the second half, Egyptian pyramid researcher Scott Creighton

discussed how and why the marks were likely faked."

Scott Creighton was another great guest. I detected an accent. I think

he's Scottish.

----

This Sunday
January 22, 2017

Mind & Scientific Transformation/ Strange Humanoids
Sunday - January 22, 2017
Hosted by George Knapp
Guest(s): Sean O Nuallain, Albert Rosales, James Secord

First Half: George Knapp will be joined by the Foundations of Mind

project founder Seán O Nualláin, who asserts that the study of mind is

the most important scientific venture for humanity. Followed by Prof.

James Secord, who discusses how the first half of the 19th century

witnessed an extraordinary transformation across many fields, and ways

we can look toward the future, connecting the sciences.

Second Half: Albert Rosales had many strange incidents as a child and

developed an interest in UFOs and unusual events. After 40 years of

extensive research, he's released a 10+ book series on tales of strange

beings. He'll share bizarre global reports of UFO occupants including

utraterrestrials, ETs, flying humanoids, and exotic humanoid hybrids.

Robert

Quote from: zeebo on January 17, 2017, 01:09:44 AMThanks for the tip on this one RGG, I have never even heard of this flick.  I'm a Bruce C. fan as well so I will definitely seek this one out.
I probably would've missed it had I not heard him being interviewed by Tom Scharpling on WFMU.  I phoned in to ask Mr. Campbell whether he was deliberately doing Bob Hope when he played Jack of All Trades.  He said he wasn't, but was honored to think he'd be compared to him.

Nebraska888

Knapp Night!!!!!!  Looks like a good one to me!  Are ya' ready, Zee???? 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 22, 2017, 05:31:58 PM

He dropped in but didn't stay long.

Ciardelo

How early is too early to get my jammies on?

WOTR

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 22, 2017, 09:05:38 PM
How early is too early to get my jammies on?
Has the sun set?

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 22, 2017, 05:31:58 PM

Hi Neb, yep I'm on board tonite.  Looks like some good topics.  Ready to rock some Knapp.   8)

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 22, 2017, 05:48:41 PM
He dropped in but didn't stay long.

Luckily I already had my bunny slippers on so didn't get too cold.  Well that plus the scotch helps build a little insulation layer.   :D

Ciardelo

Quote from: WOTR on January 22, 2017, 09:23:34 PM
Has the sun set?
:::looks out the window::: YUP!

Time for my Mr. Bubbleâ,,¢ bath! Yay!

Later some freshly ground coffee beans brewed into an elixir of the Gods. My elderly cat (with pancreatitis) will be snugly convalescing in the office downstairs (probably curled up on my Itailan leather chair). My other "street rescue" kitty will be curled up near my footie jam-jams...my vape pen will be freshly charged with a fresh atomizer. A fragrant juice will be prepared for consumption tonight.

THEN it will be time for George Knapp.

ItsOver

No exotic elixir, but my French onion dip delivery system stands ready.

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on January 22, 2017, 10:54:53 PM
No exotic elixir, but my French onion dip delivery system stands ready.

I am coming over!!!!  Yum!

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on January 22, 2017, 10:12:26 PM
Hi Neb, yep I'm on board tonite.  Looks like some good topics.  Ready to rock some Knapp.   8)

Luckily I already had my bunny slippers on so didn't get too cold.  Well that plus the scotch helps build a little insulation layer.   :D

Hello, Zee.....glad to know you are ready to "sip" and enjoy our Knapp!  It's not the same without you!

GravitySucks

If I can shake my headache, I will join y'all.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 22, 2017, 11:04:30 PM
If I can shake my headache, I will join y'all.

That's better   ;)

pate

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on January 17, 2017, 11:18:00 AM
That's Aldebaran Whiskey my daiper fund.
Pssst - Don't troll any one, but I picked up a few barrels to add to my private private stock from the last time I was on Aldebaran III. (It's been outlawed in the Federation due to its potency and delicious side effects.) If the Hoagster ever starts rebroadcasting, perhaps I'll crack a barrel over in the OSOM thread to celebrate with everyone.  ;) 
(It's damn portent stuff.)

-?+ 2/5

ediot:  o)

starrmtn001

Hi there, Logan and Gravity! ;D

WOTR

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 22, 2017, 10:27:49 PM
:::looks out the window::: YUP!

Time for my Mr. Bubbleâ,,¢ bath! Yay!

Later some freshly ground coffee beans brewed into an elixir of the Gods. My elderly cat (with pancreatitis) will be snugly convalescing in the office downstairs (probably curled up on my Itailan leather chair). My other "street rescue" kitty will be curled up near my footie jam-jams...my vape pen will be freshly charged with a fresh atomizer. A fragrant juice will be prepared for consumption tonight.

THEN it will be time for George Knapp.
I just ground some fratello "gunsmoke" beans for use in my vintage vacuum pot brewer (usually I buy a much lighter roast and turn it into espresso- but this one is perfect dark and I have not yet tired it as regular coffee...)  No kitties, and no Tanitco vape pen- but I do have a pipe beside my chair and a nice Dunhill 965 begging to be lit up.

It must be a Knapp night.  :)