• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on January 16, 2017, 04:22:52 AM
Agreed zeebo, it's good to have most of the crew in here tonight.

What the fuck happened to Amy?  She was the new thing but she has turned out to be as reliable as Art.  :-\

Dr. MD MD

Since we're talking about the 80s did anyone here see the San Junipero episode of Black Mirror?

pate

Sagan was too funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N58QD_ySsws

roughly translated as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw19YcEzOwA

Visionary is not often, OR IS IT?

ediot: Damn disinfo...  I stand Carl'ected

Quote from: zeebo on January 16, 2017, 04:22:52 AM
Jeez ... you can't just take me from from star dock to warp 9 like that.   We don't have "inertial dampeners" yet.   :D
Red ALERT...   Red ALERT.        ;D

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2017, 04:30:26 AM
Since we're talking about the 80s did anyone here see the San Junipero episode of Black Mirror?

No. Don't watch many tv shows these days.  Binging on Vikings right now but that is about it.  Sounds like a fascinating show though.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 16, 2017, 04:23:32 AM
It's probably been 20 years since I really sat down and watched the shows again.  I watched them all numerous times growing up.
3pm Sunday afternoons just before Hee-Haw.    ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 16, 2017, 04:30:08 AM
What the fuck happened to Amy?  She was the new thing but she has turned out to be as reliable as Art.  :-\

Last I heard she plans on doing a show on Wednesday.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 16, 2017, 04:34:18 AM
No. Don't watch many tv shows these days.  Binging on Vikings right now but that is about it.  Sounds like a fascinating show though.

It's really one you shouldn't miss.  ;)

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on January 16, 2017, 04:35:28 AM
3pm Sunday afternoons just before Hee-Haw.    ;)

Right.  It was on daily usually in my neck of the woods.  God knows  how many times I watched them over a twenty year span.

Quote from: zeebo on January 16, 2017, 04:25:04 AM
But Jeannie was still responsible for frying my poor adolescent brain with unsafe testosterone surges.
Hey, I wonder if that episode with Droxine - the girl in the blue dress - is where the idea for SW Bespin city came from. The episode was named "The cloud minders" and the city did have rounded buildings kind of like Bespin.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 16, 2017, 04:36:17 AM
Last I heard she plans on doing a show on Wednesday.

Thanks, GS.  :D

Quote from: zeebo on January 16, 2017, 04:27:29 AM
Nite all.  I'm gonna go to sleep with dreams of Taylor Swift in the 25th Century (but minus that Twiki fellow).
Here you go zeebo, sleep well. ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2017, 04:36:53 AM
It's really one you shouldn't miss.  ;)

I'll get around to it.  I try to watch shows with my wife that she likes.  She's into white history right now and there is nothing whiter than Vikings.   She and her sister are sounding every day more and more like white supremacists and her sister is a liberal lol though she did vote for Trump which nearly gave me a heart attack when I found out.  She always voted Democratic previously.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 16, 2017, 04:30:08 AM
Some pretty serious medical problems from what I was able to glean.

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on January 16, 2017, 04:44:00 AM

Oh, I see.  Well that is understandable then.  Hope she is getting better.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 16, 2017, 04:30:26 AM
That's one of the shows I never saw, but probably should have. :(

Well, fellas, I'm going to amscray. Great chatting with all of you tonight.  :D I hope we can repeat this sooner rather than later.  Good night.  Oh, Knapp is next week so it will be sooner. See ya.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 16, 2017, 04:44:42 AM
Oh, I see.  Well that is understandable then.  Hope she is getting better.
Me too.
She really does put out some good material. I haven't heard anything about her recently, except for what GS just mentioned. Will be listening if she's on.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 16, 2017, 04:43:03 AM
I'll get around to it.  I try to watch shows with my wife that she likes.  She's into white history right now and there is nothing whiter than Vikings.   She and her sister are sounding every day more and more like white supremacists and her sister is a liberal lol though she did vote for Trump which nearly gave me a heart attack when I found out.  She always voted Democratic previously.

She'd probably like it too. It's like a genetically altered version of The Twilight Zone. Anyway, that episode in particular is killer...but they're all great.

GravitySucks

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on January 16, 2017, 04:44:00 AM

Yep. Trumpitis

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on January 16, 2017, 04:45:40 AM
That's one of the shows I never saw, but probably should have. :(

It's on Netflix..or wherever.  ;)

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 16, 2017, 04:49:24 AM
Well, fellas, I'm going to amscray. Great chatting with all of you tonight.  :D I hope we can repeat this sooner rather than later.  Good night.  Oh, Knapp is next week so it will be sooner. See ya.
Take Care 21st.
You too Doc & GS.
I'm going to skin-out too.
Have a good one everybody.

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on January 16, 2017, 04:09:40 AM
I don't think there was ever a bad looking woman on any of the Original Series episodes, and some of them had some pretty Risque outfits for the time.

then there was Grup...

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 16, 2017, 04:50:13 AM
Yep. Trumpitis
lol - is that what it was ?  ;)

The future is now.
Okay everyone, zeebo was pining for the return of the miniskirt (a very good thing to pine for IMHO,) so, what if the cast of TNG was outfitted in the clothing of TOS ?
Check out Beverly Crusher.
I'm not feeling well, I think I need to see a doctor.  ;)

The rest of the crew is here:  https://laughingsquid.com/star-trek-the-next-generation-characters-digitally-manipulated-into-the-original-series/

Sister Tiger, this one's for you.  ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 16, 2017, 03:59:47 AM

Shit, most of the original Trek episodes had hot chicks.   All of them were keepers.
Yep, right from the start.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 16, 2017, 01:53:54 AM
I'll toss out some movie recommendations for Carole Lombard.  To Be Or Not To Be, Twentieth Century and Nothing Sacred are wonderful comedies and are all genuine classics.  Two of my favorite guilty pleasures with her though are White Woman with Charles Laughton and Supernatural where a black widow murderess possesses Carole and plots the murder of a former lover.
Here's a touching contemporary story.

75 years after her death: Zinnias for Carole Lombard

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/history/retroindy/2017/01/15/75-years-after-her-death-zinnias-carole-lombard/96244106/

Quote from: ItsOver on January 16, 2017, 11:37:02 AM
Here's a touching contemporary story.

75 years after her death: Zinnias for Carole Lombard

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/history/retroindy/2017/01/15/75-years-after-her-death-zinnias-carole-lombard/96244106/

That is touching.  Brought some tears to my eyes.  Thanks, IO. :D

starrmtn001

I was so tired last night, I went to bed early and listened to the show there.
Now, after reading all the posts from last night's show, I so much regret not staying up and joining you.  Most all of my favorite BellGabber were here.  I'm really sorry I couldn't make it. :'(

Love you guys and gals. :-*