• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Two dog-men sighted at skinwalker ranch?  Now this is getting good!

goldendeal

A dog in trench coat smoking a cigarette??...Are they sure it wasn't Walter Matthau?

zeebo

Quote from: AvDaBr on March 30, 2015, 01:15:14 AM
Speaking of the split show, it appears the second half guest has split.  More Melba.

Looks like it's mega-Melba marathon nite.

goldendeal

Richard Dewhurst is being held hostage by Bigfoot.  The demand for his release; cease Melba from any more slanderous comments about him on Coast.

Juan Cena

Quote from: AvDaBr on March 29, 2015, 11:27:49 PM
I liked the Bill Walton and Jolly Green Giant references in his introduction about the show's second half.  I wish the historical (via newspaper accounts) documentation of giants was the entire show.  But the almighty split show format is what we're left with once again. 

I think Ketchum and Knapp should have rehearsed a bit- they're talking over each other pretty badly thus far.

I'd love to hear Knapp interview Bill Walton. No one does stream of consciousness like he does. The most seasoned C2C guest is just an ameteur compared to him.

Walton's PAC-12 basketball broadcasts were brilliant this season! Especially when he said "I have milked a cow, and I have been milked!"

It would be awesome just for the Grateful Dead stories alone.

Quote from: zeebo on March 30, 2015, 01:07:18 AM
I'd say the best thing was the soundtrack.  A epic triumph of music and mood which still sounds great today.

You're right about that but my favorite piece of music didn't come until the second film. The Imperial March.  What a magnificent piece!

If Dewhurst doesn't show up after the top of the hour, I may turn off the show. I'm really disappointed.

AvDaBr

Quote from: Juan Cena on March 30, 2015, 01:36:33 AM
I'd love to hear Knapp interview Bill Walton. No one does stream of consciousness like he does. The most seasoned C2C guest is just an ameteur compared to him.

Walton's PAC-12 basketball broadcasts were brilliant this season! Especially when he said "I have milked a cow, and I have been milked!"

It would be awesome just for the Grateful Dead stories alone.

I think he'd be an awesome guest, especially if he had any paranormal experiences to recount.

goldendeal

Melba sounds a little defensive. The caller never suggested it could be a Chewbacca  mask, however, there is a possibility it is  Roddy McDowall.

Dr. Melba Ketchum? More like Dr. Incapable of Letting Anyone Finish Their Sentence Without Interrupting.

goldendeal

Melba is chasing her tail, she wants proof of Bigfoot but as we all know, she will never Ketchum.

Gd5150

Nice listening to a well done live show. Knapp never disappoints. Even when his 2nd guest bailed. Did we get recorded "those open lines", nope. Just threw on a 2nd pot of Sanka  for he and Melba to share by the fire as we listen in.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 30, 2015, 02:25:25 AM
Nice listening to a well done live show. Knapp never disappoints. Even when his 2nd guest bailed. Did we get recorded "those open lines", nope. Just threw on a 2nd pot of Sanka  for he and Melba to share by the fire as we listen in.

I was disappointed, but Knapp made the second half interesting and entertaining.   ;)

VtaGeezer

Quote from: b_dubb on March 29, 2015, 07:43:07 PM
here's a possible story for Knapp

http://www.sliptalk.com/las-vegas-has-many-dark-secrets-but-none-are-disheartening-as-this/
I watched an episode of "Criminal Minds" not long ago about gang-like homeless groups living and competing in the LV storm sewers, so it seems to be common knowledge.

Good to hear Knapp call bullshit on the morons who are telling him Texass is about to be invaded by the government. Who would want to invade Texass anyway, it's one of the dumbest states in the union. Any state that would keep electing Rick Perry isn't exactly the brightest state in the union. And how about that dumbshit jury that let Robert Durst go free after he shot someone, then chopped him up and disposed of the body. Holy crap what a bunch of knuckle-draggers. Do what? Do what now?

Too bad Knapp didn't call bullshit on Melba Ketchup too. She is full of it. Those videos on her website are so fake looking, it's laughable. The reason she won't release more photos and videos, which she alleges to have, is that they don't stand up to scrutiny and are obviously fake. If she really had good pictures and video she would want them out there.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on March 30, 2015, 01:28:44 AM
Looks like it's mega-Melba marathon nite.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Quote from: Nebraska888 on March 30, 2015, 07:19:31 AM
I was disappointed, but Knapp made the second half interesting and entertaining.   ;)

I put the show on mute around 30 minutes in and forgot about it. You vaguely lovable posters have convinced me to go back and listen to the second half.

yumyumtree

Quote from: goldendeal on March 30, 2015, 01:53:57 AM
Melba sounds a little defensive. The caller never suggested it could be a Chewbacca  mask, however, there is a possibility it is  Roddy McDowall.

Defensive is the default setting for most Coast guests.

yumyumtree

Quote from: yumyumtree on March 24, 2015, 08:48:51 PM
Yes, I think so.  I have a tendency to zero in on 1 star reviews on amazon, because they are more entertaining, I will admit that. I just skimmed because I was kind of in a hurry but there was one user who had a long, long, long 1 star review of one of Paulides books--he clearly hates his guts.

And I think if theres a money issue it's because Paulides thinks he can get more money out of people selling directly.  I haven't looked for his books on eBay, but they may be going for even less there.

So now I've read it, and yes, it is worth it.

I knew something about paradoxical undressing during hypothermia and burrowing from the book The Childrens' Blizzard by David Laskin.

Quote from: Jorch Einstein on March 30, 2015, 03:59:52 PM
Too bad Knapp didn't call bullshit on Melba Ketchup too. She is full of it. Those videos on her website are so fake looking, it's laughable. The reason she won't release more photos and videos, which she alleges to have, is that they don't stand up to scrutiny and are obviously fake. If she really had good pictures and video she would want them out there.

I wish he had called her Mulva at least once.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 30, 2015, 08:45:33 PM
I wish he had called her Mulva at least once.

hehe, ah good ol' Mulva

zeebo

Quote from: yumyumtree on March 30, 2015, 07:54:11 PM
Defensive is the default setting for most Coast guests.

My spidey-sense always goes off when they use this self-fulfilling logic:    The reason they don't respect my evidence is because they're afraid of what it might mean so therefore they try and discredit me which only reinforces the fact that I'm right.

Quote from: zeebo on March 30, 2015, 09:09:09 PM
hehe, ah good ol' Mulva

I'm glad someone got that.  I was afraid of looking sexist.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 30, 2015, 09:12:51 PM

If I remember my anatomy class, you're in the clear - by just one letter though.  ;)

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on March 30, 2015, 09:16:57 PM
If I remember my anatomy class, you're in the clear - by just one letter though.  ;)

Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode.......... ;D

Scully

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 30, 2015, 09:12:51 PM

Seinfeld devotees knew exactly what you meant.  ;)

Scully

Quote from: Jorch Einstein on March 30, 2015, 02:20:01 PM
Good to hear Knapp call bullshit on the morons who are telling him Texass is about to be invaded by the government. Who would want to invade Texass anyway, it's one of the dumbest states in the union. Any state that would keep electing Rick Perry isn't exactly the brightest state in the union. And how about that dumbshit jury that let Robert Durst go free after he shot someone, then chopped him up and disposed of the body. Holy crap what a bunch of knuckle-draggers. Do what? Do what now?

Agreed completely, even though I was born and raised there. Imagine my shame now.  :P

Scully

Quote from: Nebraska888 on March 30, 2015, 07:19:31 AM

Me, too.  Knapp is interested in so many topics and has a large world view, meaning he can take on whatever needs taking on.  Love that man.  :)

rzr1911

George Knapp truly sucked in this show.
Not only was he not skeptical in the least, faced with this obvious bullshit from Mulva, he even supported and defended all her bullshit.
This was a "I'm just doing my job" broadcast. Even Noory would have been better, and a lot funnier.
Maybe Knapp should retire, the guy is just carrying the water for bullshit now.